DoYourJob

N'Keal Harry 2020 Outlook

Edelman is more than likely still the guy in NE (but he's about to be 34) and the Pats will still of course focus on pounding the rock with Stidham as the apparent starter. 

Any chance at all for a productive sophomore season (assuming he can stay on the field)?

I have little faith that he ends up being anything more than like a WR4 this season. There is too much going against him for me to draft him as anything more than an end of draft flier. These are some of my issues with him and the situation.

1) He has yet to show any route running polish as a WR. His entire game is predicated on making contested catches with corners draped on his back. Don't believe me just watch his college highlights. That didn't improve a whole lot in the NFL.

2) Edelman and James White are still there as a safety valve/chain movers. Meyers showed far above average promise as not only a route-runner but a good fit for the Pats short-mid passing attack. Taking two TE high in the draft also doesn't bode well for NKeals target opportunity.

3) The Pats might stick with a heavy run approach with Stidham. The defense should still be good enough to allow this and the o-line will be healthier. 

4) McDaniels is still the OC and he just hasn't done a good job designing plays for big bodied WR. He didn't use Gordon to his full potential when he was available, and Nkeal only got the occasional weird end-around or rush attempt.

5) Stidham is a huge unknown. 

I really hope he improves and the Pats coaching staff tries harder to get him involved, but I just don't see him being worth drafting this season. Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He has a little potential but a super low floor of course.  If training camp happens, he's a guy i'd read reports on and consider him if he's said to be meshing with Stidham, but that's about it.

• Like 1

This guy absolutely has a chance to have a break-out season for NE.  His competition for targets is old & slow and the team used high draft capital to acquire him.  NE should give him every chance to play and succeed.  Almost every year there are WR who don't do much as rookies but breakout as 2nd year WR.  Most don't see it coming.  Chark and Gallup last year, Golladay & Godwin in 2018.  Given the limited talent and competition plus new QB who won't have any preferences (i.e. Brady with Edelman and White), no reason why Harry can't lead the Patriots in most receiving categories for 2020.  Not saying it's going to happen but at his current ADP, I will take the chance that it happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2020 at 4:14 PM, sSektor said:

I have little faith that he ends up being anything more than like a WR4 this season. There is too much going against him for me to draft him as anything more than an end of draft flier. These are some of my issues with him and the situation.

1) He has yet to show any route running polish as a WR. His entire game is predicated on making contested catches with corners draped on his back. Don't believe me just watch his college highlights. That didn't improve a whole lot in the NFL.

2) Edelman and James White are still there as a safety valve/chain movers. Meyers showed far above average promise as not only a route-runner but a good fit for the Pats short-mid passing attack. Taking two TE high in the draft also doesn't bode well for NKeals target opportunity.

3) The Pats might stick with a heavy run approach with Stidham. The defense should still be good enough to allow this and the o-line will be healthier. 

4) McDaniels is still the OC and he just hasn't done a good job designing plays for big bodied WR. He didn't use Gordon to his full potential when he was available, and Nkeal only got the occasional weird end-around or rush attempt.

5) Stidham is a huge unknown. 

I really hope he improves and the Pats coaching staff tries harder to get him involved, but I just don't see him being worth drafting this season. Hopefully I'm wrong.

McDaniels made LaFell a WR2. And Gordon did nothing after leaving NE.  If Harry is a stud, he’ll get targets.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, J.T. Marlin said:

This guy absolutely has a chance to have a break-out season for NE.  His competition for targets is old & slow and the team used high draft capital to acquire him.  NE should give him every chance to play and succeed.  Almost every year there are WR who don't do much as rookies but breakout as 2nd year WR.  Most don't see it coming.  Chark and Gallup last year, Golladay & Godwin in 2018.  Given the limited talent and competition plus new QB who won't have any preferences (i.e. Brady with Edelman and White), no reason why Harry can't lead the Patriots in most receiving categories for 2020.  Not saying it's going to happen but at his current ADP, I will take the chance that it happens.

At his ADP?  Man, I don’t even know what that is - but I assume it lands him in flier territory.  Sure, why not?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

At his ADP?  Man, I don’t even know what that is - but I assume it lands him in flier territory.  Sure, why not?

WR65, around pick 160, so in 14 team leagues he's generally going to be drafted. Totally a flier, not on my list.

On 5/14/2020 at 2:44 AM, BrianM said:

He has a little potential but a super low floor of course.  If training camp happens, he's a guy i'd read reports on

This. Not much use talking him up too much before training camp, I feel.

• Like 1

In leagues I’m drafting now or soon he’ll be in all my teams, he’s a late round pick with decent upside. I still think Cam ends up here after he’s able to get in for a visit/physical and Cam loves big physical receivers, come on BB make it happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Whole world is sour on this guy, and the Patriots- which means one thing- absolute buy at his ADP. Drop him if trash- no risk. 

16 hours ago, joshua18 said:

McDaniels made LaFell a WR2. And Gordon did nothing after leaving NE.  If Harry is a stud, he’ll get targets.

While Lafell did have a very good 2014 it was with prime Gronk drawing a lot of attention and Edelman not quite entrenched as Brady's #1 guy yet. Gordon was coming off injury and went to a run heavy team with 2 good WR already taking up targets. Nobody should have reasonably expected much from him on Seattle after joining midseason.

Harry isn't going to get consistent targets if he still hasn't learned how to create separation with route running. I think its a longshot that Bill all of a sudden lets Stidham consistently throw 50/50 jump balls to Harry.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 7:30 PM, Ddam2013 said:

In leagues I’m drafting now or soon he’ll be in all my teams, he’s a late round pick with decent upside. I still think Cam ends up here after he’s able to get in for a visit/physical and Cam loves big physical receivers, come on BB make it happen.

On the money.

this is tremendous news for N’Keal  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Spyplane said:

🔺

Think him & Cam will have a good connection this season? 

1 hour ago, DarinB300 said:

Think him & Cam will have a good connection this season? 

Cam like his big receivers and apparently the kid has come a long way since last year both physically and mentally. 

• Like 1

This is why he's up. Read between the lines. They must be happy with his progress. There's not much to throw to outside of him and Edelman.

Cam's new Kelvin Benjamin ... who can catch . I hope he breaks out this year 

The Sanu release only helps Harry's fantasy outlook. He now moves up in target share only behind Jules, White, Byrd & Asiasi...

Edited by SyNdicateZ

35 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Cam like his big receivers and apparently the kid has come a long way since last year both physically and mentally. 

Has he come a long way? Reports around here says otherwise in camp..

14 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Has he come a long way? Reports around here says otherwise in camp..

He's healthy and he's understanding the offense. That's a lot better in my books. Your standards might be too high for a late round flier.

Edited by Spyplane

Hate to be a negative Nancy as I'm a Pats fan but this makes me concerned.

Go to total targets/catches towards the bottom 13 for 32..

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Hate to be a negative Nancy as I'm a Pats fan but this makes me concerned.

Go to total targets/catches towards the bottom 13 for 32..

That's not a good sign. Glad I didn't invest anything in him but a WW add.