DoYourJob

N'Keal Harry 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Hate to be a negative Nancy as I'm a Pats fan but this makes me concerned.

 

Go to total targets/catches towards the bottom 13 for 32..

 

I’m not sure it’s that bad to be honest.

Julian Edelman is only 21 for 30 I kno that sounds a lot better but I’m imagining his receptions are a whole lot easier/shorter routes and probably not as many coming with the reigning Defensive MVP guarding him and Hoyer really brings down Harry’s numbers with his 2 of 12 throwing. 
 

i still think it’s an ok dart throw 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worth a last pick in 12 team leagues. If he sucks after a few weeks, partake in waivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked him up last pick of the last round. With the pats dropping sanu i can see NKH being cams guy ala Kelvin Benjamin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toying with the idea of flexing him week 1.... Am I crazy?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Yeah

Thank you. I needed that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Force to start this bum because of injuries to Evans and Golladay. Hopefully he can get a score against Miami.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Poopyfist said:

Didn't catch the Pats game, but his stat line wasn't too impressive. Anyone see how he looked today?

Well he lost a fumble in the end zone resulting in a touchback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Poopyfist said:

That sucks. But on the plus side he's getting red zone targets!

Yes, I think he’s a hold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harry has 12 targets.  Catches 8 for 72 yards.  Forgot if he came close to a TD...but I think so.  He has the swaggiest QB in the league who is straight up slinging and running.  Edelman is great but I think Harry might start turning the corner as a beast....especially with the young-black-wr-whisperer at the helm now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has looked straight up pedestrian to me on the field. A real jag.  He gets shoelace tackled and other than being on the bigger side what does he have going for him?  Are you holding with the hope that he discovers some talent all of a sudden? Nothing to get excited about here for me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

He has looked straight up pedestrian to me on the field. A real jag.  He gets shoelace tackled and other than being on the bigger side what does he have going for him?  Are you holding with the hope that he discovers some talent all of a sudden? Nothing to get excited about here for me.  

It's more the fact that they have no weapons, Cam's looked quite good, and he's getting peppered with targets.

I agree he looks very ordinary and gets tackled by a soft breeze, but he was about 2 yards from a TD both weeks. He gets those and there's some serious hype in this thread. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting for Harry to break a single tackle for a nice YAC play or make one contested catch in the endzone. For someone that got by on his physicality and jump ball ability in college he has shown next to none of it so far. I do like that Cam is trying to force the issue and has his back when he messes up. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, sSektor said:

Still waiting for Harry to break a single tackle for a nice YAC play or make one contested catch in the endzone. For someone that got by on his physicality and jump ball ability in college he has shown next to none of it so far. I do like that Cam is trying to force the issue and has his back when he messes up. 

 

Seems like a better PPR play but literally just falls down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 11:46 PM, BGDDYKWL said:

It's more the fact that they have no weapons, Cam's looked quite good, and he's getting peppered with targets.

I agree he looks very ordinary and gets tackled by a soft breeze, but he was about 2 yards from a TD both weeks. He gets those and there's some serious hype in this thread. 

^^ This. 9 targets a game from a competent QB can make anyone serviceable in PPR. Cam looks like he's turned back the clock a little bit. He looks healthy and his throws are more accurate. This offense reminds me a little more of the pre-CMC Panthers Cam. Before CMC, Cam didn't fully utilize his RBs in the passing game. His bread and butter was his rock solid TE and his WR1. Edelman is as dependable as Greg Olsen as a pass catcher and should easily lead the team in targets. But Harry has a clear path to > 100 targets. A reasonable outcome for this year could be similar to Cam's 2014 Panthers in which he supported two 1000yd receivers. One of them being Kelvin Benjamin. If Cam can turn Benjamin into a 1000yd receiver, surely he can turn Harry into one 😁.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Targets will be there + RZ opportunities. 

Fix that YAC man pronto, despicable for all the physical tools he posses.  

Very surprised about his high snap %'s . He's out there on the field quite a bit.

So the opportunity is there. Just work on those stone hands Harry & making defenders miss

Edited by RunCMC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Nickmo said:

^^ This. 9 targets a game from a competent QB can make anyone serviceable in PPR. Cam looks like he's turned back the clock a little bit. He looks healthy and his throws are more accurate. This offense reminds me a little more of the pre-CMC Panthers Cam. Before CMC, Cam didn't fully utilize his RBs in the passing game. His bread and butter was his rock solid TE and his WR1. Edelman is as dependable as Greg Olsen as a pass catcher and should easily lead the team in targets. But Harry has a clear path to > 100 targets. A reasonable outcome for this year could be similar to Cam's 2014 Panthers in which he supported two 1000yd receivers. One of them being Kelvin Benjamin. If Cam can turn Benjamin into a 1000yd receiver, surely he can turn Harry into one 😁.


honestly Benjamin was a far more talented player than Harry appears to be as hard as that is to fathom.  He just eventually ate himself out of the league. Too many happy meals.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cheezor42 said:


honestly Benjamin was a far more talented player than Harry appears to be as hard as that is to fathom.  He just eventually ate himself out of the league. Too many happy meals.

Lol you are correct Benjamin was a solid receiver coming into the league then fell off a cliff. I was high on him coming out of college. I didn't know much about NKeal coming out of college but he was a high draft pick and seems like he showed some in college. Good catch radius and able to make nice adjustments to get the ball. Nothing else that really pops out though unless I'm missing something. Being a high draft pick and being in year 2, there has to be some theoretical untapped potential right? At a bare minimum he can catch short/intermediate passes from Cam and that makes him the defacto 2nd best WR/TE on the team. 100+ targets should be no problemo this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arrow pointing up. He's gonna be a decent WR3/flex type guy all year I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The film of him is just brutal, no other way to slice it. Slow out of his breaks, very little lateral agility/burst and goes down almost immediately upon initial contact.

Still, Cam is playing awesome and targets are clearly going to continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didnt realize how slow this guy was. Hes late Kelvin Benjamin slow. He does have a nice set of hands but I'm pretty low on his outlook ROS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was dropped in my league this week. 

I need help at WR, but I just haven't seen much explosion from him. 

Last night watching James Robinson in the TNF game, he just looked to have that burst and hunger to break thru every tackle. Harry kind of feels like the opposite. People in here aren't even very high on him, more the situation (which is why I'm interested in). 

Anybody optimistic on Harry the player? I'm thin at WR so need help but not sure he's the guy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...