Rotoworld.com Forums

Julio Jones 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

Truth. I'm expecting that Dan Quinn fired notification any second now tbh.

I'd expect a GM move during season, if Blank is smart here, so the GM can evaluate the entire staff. DQ likely won't be fired until the end of the season.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I'd expect a GM move during season, if Blank is smart here, so the GM can evaluate the entire staff. DQ likely won't be fired until the end of the season.

I don’t think there will be need for an evaluation, will be a long over due full house cleaning 

Adam Schefter made the point that there was no way Blank would fire Quinn after the Week 3 loss because that Monday was Yom Kippur, and he won't fire him today because it's a short week to prepare for the next game.  So, after the Week 5 game is the first realistic chance Quinn gets fired.  A loss to a divisional rival (CAR) to drop to 0-5 seems like it would be the final straw.

17 minutes ago, Andy Mick said:

From the outside looking in as a prospective Julio buyer, how long are owners expecting him to be out? 3-4 weeks?

I wouldn't be shocked to see him put on IR for a 3 week min., but maybe it's only a 1-2 week issue. The team is probably trying to evaluate as well.

6 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

I wouldn't be shocked to see him put on IR for a 3 week min., but maybe it's only a 1-2 week issue. The team is probably trying to evaluate as well.

I’m hoping for IR, personally. GiveS him a chance to heal his hammy without re-aggravating it and makes Julio a great buy-low opportunity.

4 hours ago, TonyRomo said:

I think they would have put him on IR already if that was in the cards. I do think he'll miss this week but sounds like he'll be back within 2 weeks?

I wish they would just put him on IR and let him get healthy.  I want him at full speed for the stretch run and would trade the 3 weeks on IR for that.  I would trade one extra week without him for full health.

Edited by ColoWrex
11 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

I wish they would just put him on IR and let him get healthy.  I want him at full speed for the stretch run and would trade the 3 weeks on IR for that.  I would trade one extra week without him for full health.

I would want this too

54 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

I think we're finally here, i knew this season was coming and I had a hunch this year his wheels might be finally falling off. I think he's toast, sucks because I have a few shares 

Did you happen to see week 1? He was vintage Julio. He can still get it done, but they need to shut him down (3 weeks IR) so he can get right. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Did you happen to see week 1? He was vintage Julio. He can still get it done, but they need to shut him down (3 weeks IR) so he can get right. 

Yea , still doesn't mean he's not going to sputter out slowly. I hope he gets going but he's gonna be on the way down the mountain every season that goes by

12 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

I think we're finally here, i knew this season was coming and I had a hunch this year his wheels might be finally falling off. I think he's toast, sucks because I have a few shares 

Would you say the same for Godwin? He's also dealing with a nagging hamstring. Don't be so quick to write this guy off until he's healthy. Just look at his week 1 performance. That's vintage Julio. It's only week 5. I'd rather him take time off to get right and be 100% for later in the season.

Edited by RoseLin23
  • Like 1

Dan Quinn going to run his receivers into the ground on his way out. I don't even know how this is still a questionable day to day thing when he has re-aggravated a lingering injury 3 TIMES IN THE FIRST 4 WEEKS.

Edited by harck
22 minutes ago, harck said:

Dan Quinn going to run his receivers into the ground on his way out. I don't even know how this is still a questionable day to day thing when he has re-aggravated a lingering injury 3 TIMES IN THE FIRST 4 WEEKS.

It's absurd. DQ is clearly coaching for his job at this point. Falcons need to sit Julio in the cold tub until he's 110%, he shouldn't even be practicing until that point. They obviously rushed him back once, are they going to make the same mistake again?? It's way past time to clean house in ATL, this is beyond just a culture thing.

5 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Would you say the same for Godwin? He's also dealing with a nagging hamstring. Don't be so quick to write this guy off until he's healthy. Just look at his week 1 performance. That's vintage Julio. It's only week 5. I'd rather him take time off to get right and be 100% for later in the season.

Its just loose conversation,  im not writing him off Im saying that he's going to start breaking down more. Hes always had the injury tag and always puts up great seasons despite it, but there will come a season when his tags = missed time and it will start to slow him down, its a natural progression. Its not that he won't still have great games but I think his injuries are going to start to nag him more than previous years, sure maybe he gets going and finishes strong but julio is going to slowly start having more overall hindrances at 30+ and I think we're starting to see it,  doesn't mean im writing him off yet.

And no godwin is a hell of a lot younger, hes banged up but hes going to get back to full stride sooner than later whereas I think julio won't be able to truly hit 100% as time goes by .

18 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

He/Falcons seem determined to make sure this lingers all year. 

Crazy thought, but maybe the team knows more about Julio’s injury than we do and knows that its not severe enough for IR and that he’ll be back week 6. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Andy Mick said:

Crazy thought, but maybe the team knows more about Julio’s injury than we do and knows that its not severe enough for IR and that he’ll be back week 6. 

Now that's just crazy talk. Ofc everyone on the forums know more! Lol . I agree with you. If he was going to be out while they would of IRd him