Rotoworld.com Forums

Julio Jones 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I think he's a sell. This is my all time guy too, look at my avatar lol. He's a top 3 WR until Ridley is back. He's a shutdown risk I think. I might keep him where I have him and go with it personally but if you can get a good return I think it's potentially wise. Atlanta is in a weird place with him and the franchise where they really aren't as far away as it seems and he hasn't started his major decline yet either. We know it's coming but they can probably afford to wait another year for sure and still get really good value for him. Everyone knows this team is way better then the record says. It'll be interesting to see how the organization plays this.

unless your getting adams, nuk or a top 6 rb, i cant see selling. offense, situation, skill set, etc are all just too good to move him (imo).

Edited by herschel
  • Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Falcons WR Calvin Ridley (foot) was not seen during Thursday's practice. 

This would be Ridley's second consecutive missed practice with a mid-foot sprain he suffered last Thursday against the Panthers. Without a limited practice Friday, Ridley is unlikely to be active this week against the Broncos. Christian Blake played 54 percent of the team's offensive snaps last week with Ridley missing in the second half against Carolina. Blake should only be rostered in (very) deep formats. 

16 minutes ago, herschel said:

Falcons WR Calvin Ridley (foot) was not seen during Thursday's practice. 

This would be Ridley's second consecutive missed practice with a mid-foot sprain he suffered last Thursday against the Panthers. Without a limited practice Friday, Ridley is unlikely to be active this week against the Broncos. Christian Blake played 54 percent of the team's offensive snaps last week with Ridley missing in the second half against Carolina. Blake should only be rostered in (very) deep formats. 

It's good and bad if he doesn't play. More attention isn't really a good thing for Julio. He's still a beast so still hopeful

3 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

It's good and bad if he doesn't play. More attention isn't really a good thing for Julio. He's still a beast so still hopeful

From FP game primer....

Knowing the Falcons will not be able to run the ball against the Broncos, this could be a game to expect double-digit receptions for Jones. While that’s a lofty projection, it’s certainly within the realm of possibilities if Ridley sits this game out. In the three games Ridley didn’t play last year, Jones saw 20, 15, and 13 targets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, herschel said:

From FP game primer....

Knowing the Falcons will not be able to run the ball against the Broncos, this could be a game to expect double-digit receptions for Jones. While that’s a lofty projection, it’s certainly within the realm of possibilities if Ridley sits this game out. In the three games Ridley didn’t play last year, Jones saw 20, 15, and 13 targets.

Fingers crossed

10 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Oh, the targets will be there. I'd put the over/under at nearly 15. Question is will the defense make a point to take him out of the game. Hopefully he performs like Adams did tonight. 

Can someone explain how guys like Adams and MT are pretty much unstoppable even in the redzone? Especially with the Packer's lack of other playmakers, Adams seems to have no problem getting touchdowns, same with MT. How is it that Julio gets so much attention in the redzone even when Ridley is around? Don't defenses give that much attention to Adams and MT as well? Yet they have no problem scoring touchdowns. I assume they're doubled much like Julio is.

Edited by RoseLin23
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, RoseLin23 said:

Can someone explain how guys like Adams and MT are pretty much unstoppable even in the redzone? Especially with the Packer's lack of other playmakers, Adams seems to have no problem getting touchdowns, same with MT. How is it that Julio gets so much attention in the redzone even when Ridley is around? Don't defenses give that much attention to Adams and MT as well? Yet they have no problem scoring touchdowns. I assume they're doubled much like Julio is.

Matt Ryan is scared to throw to one of the most dominant WRs in NFL history when he sees double coverage or safety help. He'd rather throw it to literally anybody else 4 yards short of the goalline then give Julio a chance to make a play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, RoseLin23 said:

It's a great question. I've wondered this for years now. One thing I did notice, and perhaps it's nitpicking, but some guys like Hopkins/Gronk/Golladay/Fitz have unbelievable hands. Meaning they catch a lot of balls arms outstretched, without the ball ever coming near their body. I don't see Julio do that much. In the endzone, particularly with jump balls, that is critical. 

That said, I've been in the unfortunate predicament of playing against Rodgers and then Adams the past two weeks, and I haven't seen Adams need to do what I mentioned above, and he's a TD machine. Some of his TDs look SO easy. And part of that is obviously because Rodgers is better than Ryan, but still. 

To your other point, and it's absolutely mind boggling to me given literally every other weapon Rodgers had last night was out or dinged up, but SF did not double Adams much if at all. He was absolutely torching single coverage all night. Not doubling him was inexcusable. Just terrible gameplanning. We can only hope the same happens with Julio on Sunday. 

• Like 1
On 11/5/2020 at 12:48 PM, herschel said:

From FP game primer....

Hopefully, history repeats, Julio sees 20 targets with 229 receiving yards & 3 TD’s! Giddy up 

8 hours ago, smeeze said:

Matt Ryan is scared to throw to one of the most dominant WRs in NFL history when he sees double coverage or safety help. He'd rather throw it to literally anybody else 4 yards short of the goalline then give Julio a chance to make a play.

this.  matt ryan is no rodgers or brees and unfortunately, julio pays the price.  

• Like 1

Julio has a pretty good schedule to close out the year. I think he will finish strong. I would call this season so far a down year for him. A down year for him is a good year for most. Still, I see a correction coming. Dude is too good.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Dude isn't worth his price tag in fantasy anymore.

No one doubts his talent but weekly lingering issues and he is actually missing games now.

Agree.  I was pissed off much of yesterday thinking he's made of glass.  But, then when i saw him gutting out his last reception and run, I couldn't help but be pumped by his effort.  Need him healthy for playoffs.  Fingers crossed.