Rotoworld.com Forums

Julio Jones 2020 Outlook

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

How many weeks will we be without Julio? Maybe sit this week and come back week 13? As long as he’s back for weeks 15 and 16, I’m good. Lol. 

He came back for a play in the 4th quarter.

I would love to have him this week given the matchup. This game is going to be a shootout.

I’d give him a 50% shot of aggravating his hamstring injury, so it’s probably best if he sits. He usually pushes through and plays, but not this year.

Edited by tpat30
Just now, tpat30 said:

He came back for a play in the 4th quarter.

I would love to have this week, given the matchup. This game is going to be a shootout.

I’d give him a 50% shot of aggravating his hamstring injury, so it’s probably best if he sits. He usually pushes through and plays, but not this year.

Yeah, but he hurt himself worse on that one play. He had a 22yd reception, but then he immediately left the field. He was limping and grabbing at his hammy. He should have never been allowed to come back in the game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As an owner I hope he's healthy and plays but it's criminal for the Falcons to send him out there in a lost season given the way his hammy has been this year. It's clearly not something he can just push through and it's only going to get worse each time he re-aggravates it.  Sit him a couple weeks. Make sure he can practice in full with no set backs. If he can do that then play him. If not, pack it in.

Edited by fletch44

Julio has a lot of pride and I wouldn't doubt that he's aspiring to being in the convo for WR GOAT. GOATs don't sit, they accumulate stats in lost seasons. Shallow as that sounds, stats matter more and more the longer they're into retirement. Look at Brett Favre, he's been virtually erased from the GOAT debate thanks to this golden age of QBs because people forget how s---y his offensive weapons were for a large chunk of his career. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

From what I’ve learned owning Julio before, if he plays in this game he is exploding. 

This season? I would say he's "exploded" all of 3 games that he's played in this year. 

• Like 1

(1 hr ago) Jones (hamstring) was listed as limited on Thursday's practice estimate, Will McFadden of the Falcons' official site reports.

Jones maintained his "activity level" from Wednesday as Atlanta prepares to host the Raiders on Sunday. Interim coach Raheem Morris noted Monday that Jones may be a game-time decision this weekend, but the Falcons can clear up his status by not giving him a designation upon the release of the final Week 12 injury report, which will be released Friday afternoon.

I'm not trying to be rude, but the practice reports, along with his final injury designation are absolutely meaningless. Outside of him being ruled out obviously. The hamstring is an issue, period. He could leave any game at any time because of it. He could also go for 40. That's the roll of the dice with him ROS and probably rest of career. 

12 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'm not trying to be rude, but the practice reports, along with his final injury designation are absolutely meaningless. Outside of him being ruled out obviously. The hamstring is an issue, period. He could leave any game at any time because of it. He could also go for 40. That's the roll of the dice with him ROS and probably rest of career. 

Practice reports speak to whether he will start or not.  If he starts, I’m starting him, janky hamstring and all.  If you’re not, that’s your call, but then you might as well trade him.

Edited by herschel
35 minutes ago, herschel said:

Practice reports speak to whether he will start or not.  If he starts, I’m starting him, janky hamstring and all.  If you’re not, that’s your call, but then you might as well trade him.

Agree, if he's playing I'm starting him. That's sorta my point. Whether he practices fully, on a limited basis, one day, three days, whether he has an injury designation, whether he doesn't - none of it REALLY matters. If he's playing Sunday he's in your lineup. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, herschel said:

Most trade deadlines have past, right? If he doesn't start him he might as well start him when he feels right to start him. Always follow the gut.

5 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Not expected to play via Adam S on Twitter. 

Where did you see that? Last I heard from AS was that they would evaluate him Sunday morning.