Boudewijn

Julio Jones 2020 Outlook

Thoughts on his production this year.  Does 102 catches for 1370 yards and 7 td's sound about right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sjm76 said:

Thoughts on his production this year.  Does 102 catches for 1370 yards and 7 td's sound about right?

Maybe a tad high on the catches, low on the yards and high on the TDs.  Not by much on either of them though.  

He's been as reliable as they come.  Elite WRs tend to produce into their 30s.  Has the opportunity to finish as the overall WR1 and is going in the second round?  I know this year is all about the RB/RB start, but getting Julio in Round 2 is a major get IMO.  Thomas, Adams, Hill and Julio make up the elite/safe tier.  After that guys like Hopkins, Godwin, Evans have new QBs.  If you're towards the end of Round 1, grabbing the best available RB (Mixon, Drake, Chubb, Jacobs) and then Julio seems like a great start to me.  

26 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

Maybe a tad high on the catches, low on the yards and high on the TDs.  Not by much on either of them though.  

He's been as reliable as they come.  Elite WRs tend to produce into their 30s.  Has the opportunity to finish as the overall WR1 and is going in the second round?  I know this year is all about the RB/RB start, but getting Julio in Round 2 is a major get IMO.  Thomas, Adams, Hill and Julio make up the elite/safe tier.  After that guys like Hopkins, Godwin, Evans have new QBs.  If you're towards the end of Round 1, grabbing the best available RB (Mixon, Drake, Chubb, Jacobs) and then Julio seems like a great start to me.  

That's exactly what I did in a 16 teamer that I'm in.  Had the 12th pick and took Drake in round 1 followed by Julio in round 2.  It's half point PPR.

i get wanting a part of the kc offense, but tyreek is too hit or miss for me and cant see taking him ahead of julio (although reek is consistently taken ahead of jj in drafts).

He fell to me towards to end of round 2. Couldn't pass him up

On 8/30/2020 at 10:07 PM, HTXMade said:

He fell to me towards to end of round 2. Couldn't pass him up

I got him with the 20th pick. Was very happy. Bet you're even happier

On 8/24/2020 at 9:12 AM, DeliciousGravy said:

Julio Jones is a boring pick.

Sometimes having a boring first two picks is a good way to win a league.

Wish I went boring more often. Upside <  Solid Floor . Tread water all year. Get in the playoffs and it's anyones game.

There it is, its not a season until Julio is limited at practice 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Was coming here to say literally the same thing. The year can start.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Probably also a good time to let people know who may have never drafted Julio before that he takes himself off the field several times per game. There will be times you turn on the Falcons and you won’t find Jones at receiver. No need to panic. He’ll be back in and Matt Ryan will be looking his way. 

1 minute ago, FootballOutsider said:

Probably also a good time to let people know who may have never drafted Julio before that he takes himself off the field several times per game. There will be times you turn on the Falcons and you won’t find Jones at receiver. No need to panic. He’ll be back in and Matt Ryan will be looking his way. 

I know this and still panic lol 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, FootballOutsider said:

Never owned him before and I'm excited af, but reading this worries me lol

4 minutes ago, theantishere said:

What if I told you throughout his entire career he’s been on the injury report or questionable...

4 hours ago, FootballOutsider said:

Hilarious. My first time drafting him and never realized that he's only hit double digits in TD's once in his career. His Sophomore year..

1 hour ago, theantishere said:

Just prepare yourself for seeing Thursday practice reports with Julio being limited or maybe listed as a non participant. The only time you should worry is if he misses a Friday before a Sunday game. He’s a bigger receiver and takes a lot of hits to the legs. He’ll limp off the field and be back two plays later. It took me some time but I’ve had him on my teams a lot in his career and he’s as dependable as they come. 

• Like 2

On 8/24/2020 at 5:31 AM, Fort4242 said:

Has the opportunity to finish as the overall WR1 and is going in the second round? 

This is true literally every year. Every receiver ever drafted in the 2nd round "had the opportunity to finish as the overall WR1" and it would never be outside the realm of normalcy if/when that's happened

14 hours ago, FootballOutsider said:

Unless... They are in the redzone, Ryan never looks his way down there.. Julio Decoy Jones inside the 20..

26 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Same ****, different year.

I finally figured it out and moved on this year in Dynasty.

Wait, you guys didn’t just complain about 16 standard points did ya? 🤦🏻

• Like 1