Boudewijn

Julio Jones 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

Complaining about 9 catches for 157 yds? Lol...what?

Lol. Beat me to it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sonny_D said:

Wait, you guys didn’t just complain about 16 standard points did ya? 🤦🏻

I think the complaints here are that Julio was great, yet it was Ridley who had an even better stat line and Ridley was 15-20 players cheaper. Julios stat line doesn’t look great when gage and Ridley also had 100+

im happy about it- obviously will be more happy as Julio pulls away from his peers in scoring 

37 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Same ****, different year.

9 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I finally figured it out and moved on this year in Dynasty.

Y'all are trippin.  This is my first time owning Julio and I'll take today's #'s every mother#$%#% weekend with a smile on my face.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Y'all are trippin.  This is my first time owning Julio and I'll take today's #'s every mother#$%#% weekend with a smile on my face.

Oh the memories of saying the saying the same thing. For years. Enjoy.

2 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I'll enjoy 24 pts every time from my 2nd round pick.  You should go visit the M. Thomas thread if you want to see what despair looks like this week.

Edited by ColoWrex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Honestly, a good Ridley should help Julio in the long run.  This is not the passing of the torch.  Julio is getting targets and if Ridley can draw double coverage off of him, I am not concerned with what julios numbers will look like at the end of the year....

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Enjoy an annual top 5 WR? Heck yeah. 

• Like 3

Come back Week 10, when he has a single touchdown on the year, and tell me how great it is.

7 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Come back Week 10, when he has a single touchdown on the year, and tell me how great it is.

That's possible, but not the point.  Guy just hung 9 for 157 and that's a good week in PPR. Julio scored more than M. Thomas, Ekler, Mixon, Cook, Chub, A. Jones, Drake, and Kelce... most of them likely drafted ahead of him.  Your time may come but this isn't the week to waive the Julio sucks flag.

Edited by ColoWrex

1 minute ago, ColoWrex said:

That's possible, but not the point.  Guy just hung 9 for 157 and that's a good week in PPR. Julio score more than Ekler, Mixon, Cook, Chub, A. Jones, Drake, and Kelce... most of them likely drafted ahead of him.  Your time may come but this isn't the week to waive the Julio sucks flag.

That is absolutely the point, actually, and I never said Julio sucks.  I don't believe he sucks.  If he played for any other team, he'd get a ton of touchdowns.  No question.

1 minute ago, Bastardo! said:

That is absolutely the point, actually, and I never said Julio sucks.  I don't believe he sucks.  If he played for any other team, he'd get a ton of touchdowns.  No question.

I'm not so sure about that.

14 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

If he’s a top 5 WR, like he is every season, it’ll be fan-freaking-tastic. Lol. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bastardo! said:

He could've scored an 80 yard TD if Matt Ryan hit him in stride. Look at this video: 

Julio had 3 steps on Hill but had to slow down because of ball placement. If Matt Ryan hits him in stride it's an 80 yard TD. There were a lot of plays like this last year where Julio could've had long TD's if Ryan hit him in stride and not let him pull up and slow down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, TheMethodX said:

He could've scored an 80 yard TD if Matt Ryan hit him in stride. Look at this video: 

Julio had 3 steps on Hill but had to slow down because of ball placement. If Matt Ryan hits him in stride it's an 80 yard TD. There were a lot of plays like this last year where Julio could've had long TD's if Ryan hit him in stride and not let him pull up and slow down.

I've had Julio in my keeper league for years. This is a common occurrence. 

If you gave Julio a QB like Stafford, he would be the unquestioned #1 WR. Idc how many times a Game Ryan throws the ball. 

WTF is going on? Not complaining since I own Ridley and not Julio, but is he just out there as a decoy or what?

9 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Its disgusting that ridleys soaking up the tds

Let's not pretend that Julio ever actually scored TDs, though

He has a bad hamstring and the falcons have a ton of targets now. The years of Julio being the alpha in the offense are probably over. 

• Haha 1

Falcons' Julio Jones: Playing through hamstring issue

24 mins ago |

Jones said he played through a hamstring injury during Sunday's 40-39 loss at Dallas, William McFadden of the Falcons' official site reports.

Jones' practice reps were limited last week due to the aforementioned issue, but the wide receiver said it's "nothing that I can't handle." In the past, he's proved capable of gutting out numerous lower-body injuries, just like he did Sunday. That said, Jones' production can be sporadic at times, as evidenced by two catches (on four targets) for 24 yards Week 2. His status will be one to watch closely as the week goes on.

Over/under on how many touchdowns Ridley will have before Julio scores is currently 12.  Take the over.

6 hours ago, SundayGravy said:

Dropped an easy td. 

And the only reason he got that opportunity was because Matt Ryan wasn't throwing the ball. 

• Thanks 1