Boudewijn

Julio Jones 2020 Outlook

4 hours ago, Bastardo! said:

Y'all tell me again how much you love it.  LOL.

He had a bad game. And? I drafted Julio fully knowing that he wasn’t going to score TDs. He never has and yet is still an annual top 5 WR. 

You come in here now, but if he’d held onto that TD, you’d be ghosting this place. You come off like a pathetic and jaded ex-girlfriend, and you’re doing nothing more than trolling this thread with that comment. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Bastardo! said:

Y'all tell me again how much you love it.  LOL.

I’ll tell “y’all” something. In case you’ve never owned Julio before, he has down games and he has week winning games. 

celebrate the peaks and ride the valleys. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, fujishig said:

And the only reason he got that opportunity was because Matt Ryan wasn't throwing the ball. 

Quoted for truth.

Well this week was tough. Luckily I still put up 160 and got the win. 

Im expecting this to be an outlier, Julio should be in line for a good year!

Have to be concerned with the hamstring injury, with how frequently guys are going down we need to see how frequently they use Julio as a primary guy. Gage and Ridley are playing great, and Hurst had a good game as well, you know how talented he is but Ridley is the man right now. This is a similar case to Godwin Evans last yr

My only julio shares are in best ball and this was a rough one for him. I avoided him in season long for exactly this reason. Do not ask me how those chris godwin shares are doing right about now lol.

Just bought low (?) on Julio in a package deal. He’s played through nagging things for years, still ends up getting big numbers. We’ve already seen the extremes from him in these 2 games & don’t see him having another stinker like this week. That defense is lousy again so Ryan is gonna be chucking it for 4700+ to keep up. Relax guys

2 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

He should rest for a week or two. 

Not the worst idea. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

what are Julio owners doing this sunday with him? .. so frustrating first time i ever drafted him.  Regretting it.

If he’s healthy you gotta play him. He’s in my lineup. Yea it’s frustrating owning him but he typically comes through when you need him the most 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

If he’s healthy you gotta play him. He’s in my lineup. Yea it’s frustrating owning him but he typically comes through when you need him the most 

Think you should limit the expectations til he is healthy and view him as a low end WR1 high end WR2. Then work your roster accordingly 

I got offered Julio straight up for my Metcalf. Julio owners who have been paying attention, do you think he delivers a top 10 fantasy finish this year? I would hope last weeks game is an outlier. Obviously Ridley is going to soak up a ton of targets and RZ looks. Can I count on Julio 8/130/0 stat lines this year?

Just now, SkinThatSmokeWagon said:

I got offered Julio straight up for my Metcalf. Julio owners who have been paying attention, do you think he delivers a top 10 fantasy finish this year? I would hope last weeks game is an outlier. Obviously Ridley is going to soak up a ton of targets and RZ looks. Can I count on Julio 8/130/0 stat lines this year?

I typically hate picking him up because he will give you four straight games of 20+ and then drop a goose egg.  It's life on the Julio Train.  Matt Ryan is slinging the rock.  Have faith my brother.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I typically hate picking him up because he will give you four straight games of 20+ and then drop a goose egg.  It's life on the Julio Train.  Matt Ryan is slinging the rock.  Have faith my brother.

Every WR has bad games tho, Julio only had 2 bad games last season 3/42, 3/52 yards.The important thing is on those 4 straight 20+, you're probably winning those weeks.

6 minutes ago, SkinThatSmokeWagon said:

He already dropped a 9/160/0 line week 1. I think people are overreacting to one bad game. Which if he just makes an easy catch that game is 3/70/1 and nobody is complaining. All WRs have games like this. As someone who has owned Julio many times he does seem to put up these type of games from time to time. What hurts him more than most elite WRs is he never saves a bad game with a TD. He doesn’t get the 3/30/1 lines

I trust Julio to be top 10 at year end. The guy has put up 1400 yards every year for the last 6 years and despite always being banged up and constant Q tags he rarely misses games.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Every WR has bad games tho, Julio only had 2 bad games last season 3/42, 3/52 yards.The important thing is on those 4 straight 20+, you're probably winning those weeks.

Exactly.  I use to be consumed with consistency.  So I ended up with a bunch of low end WR2s that were super consistent at giving me 10-15 points.  Rather ride the Julio Train. 

Only thing to worry about is his hammy. Really hoping that's nothing that plagues his season. 

How many times has Julio been Q with a nagging bruise or strain & then he drops a 8-140-2 line? Relax people. He probably just had his worst game of the season already so it’s full steam ahead!👍

7 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

How many times has Julio been Q with a nagging bruise or strain & then he drops a 8-140-2 line? Relax people. He probably just had his worst game of the season already so it’s full steam ahead!👍

Looking back at his game logs since 2018 and can't find a single time, actually.  Closest was 134 and 2 and he did that once . . . 

• Like 1

Falcons OC Dirk Koetter said he believes there's “more to Julio Jones’ hamstring injury than he led on.”

It would explain why Jones had two catches on four targets last week. Jones rarely gets in full practices, but it looks like his hamstring injury is more than veteran maintenance. Jones will likely be playing at less than 100 percent for a Week 3 matchup with Chicago.

(22 mins ago) Coach Dan Quinn noted Wednesday that the Falcons will "take it all the way through week" with Jones, who strained his left hamstring in Week 2's 40-39 loss to the Cowboys, Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com reports.

As a result, the star wideout's practice participation figures to be managed throughout this week and an official "questionable" designation for this Sunday's 1:00 ET game against the Bears seems plausible for Jones.