Rotoworld.com Forums

Julio Jones 2020 Outlook

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, shakennbakee said:

So you would give up Ridley for Julio right now?

I posted this question in AC and the overwhelmingly response was to rather have Ridley, granted it was a 3-keeper league. 

So basically what I got from that is that value is pretty much even for redraft ROS. Ridley is probably the safer option but Julio will always be Julio when healthy. It's just depending how much risk you want to take and how your season started. Julio's seasons outlook should be fine, but we still may be a week or two away from him being 100%. 

16 hours ago, shakennbakee said:

So you would give up Ridley for Julio right now?

I drafted Julio but would rather have Ridley this year after watching the first 3 games.  Ridley is the future #1 wr for the Falcons and I think will have a better year this season than Julio.

14 minutes ago, zen25 said:

I am still bit hesitant on waiting till Monday to know he is 100%.

Way too much risk.

If he practices at all this week, I’m playing him. Atlanta’s defense is truly terrible. Ryan is going to have to throw it a billion times Monday. I suppose if I had some stud sitting in my bench, maybe not. But even if he is limited, he is playing for me.

Edited by Butters
12 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

I believe it was @momoneychanel who also reported brees was close to signing  with the patriots this offseason...SMH

True. His batting average is pretty low. That's why I didn't post it. Easy to look up without giving the dude more exposure if he is wrong again.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

True. His batting average is pretty low. That's why I didn't post it. Easy to look up without giving the dude more exposure if he is wrong again.

I’m not buying this at all. If it’s a “done deal”, why wouldn’t the Falcons just announce it now? Why would the Patriots let him practice with the Falcons all week? Why would the Falcons waste their time all week with him before a must-win game? This is a case of throwing crap against the wall & hoping it sticks 

• Thanks 1

(1 hr ago) Falcons head coach Dan Quinn said Thursday that he expects Jones (hamstring) to be available for the team's Week 4 game against the Packers, Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com reports. "Well, he's definitely getting more opportunity, more chances to go. He had some running. He'll be doing some rehab run; did all the walkthroughs [Thursday]," Quinn said of the wideout. "So he's definitely participating already at a higher level. As the week goes, I see that work increasing in preparation for [gameday]. So, yeah, we're certainly trending that way."

Jones' strained left hamstring sidelined him for the Falcons' Week 3 loss to the Bears, but the star receiver looks like he's on track to avoid any additional absences. With the Falcons hosting the Packers on Monday night, the team won't release its first Week 4 injury report until later Thursday, at which point the extent of Jones' participation in practice will be known. So long as Jones advances to full participation by Saturday, he should be able to suit up against Green Bay and take on a normal snap count.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

I’m not buying this at all. If it’s a “done deal”, why wouldn’t the Falcons just announce it now? Why would the Patriots let him practice with the Falcons all week? Why would the Falcons waste their time all week with him before a must-win game? This is a case of throwing crap against the wall & hoping it sticks 

I'm waiting for Adam Schefter. I don't believe it until he confirms it. And like I said in my deleted post, we will know soon enough if this guy is a clown or being truthful. He has broken some accurate news in the past, so it is a toss up right now. But like you point out, there are a lot of things here that do not make sense. But we will see.

27 minutes ago, harck said:

Julio + Cam would be such a joy to watch but I'm going to assume this is false. Like someone else pointed out, if this was a "done deal" he wouldn't be practicing with the Falcons.

Agree.  The Patriots would make sure he was not running around the Falcons practice facility and possibly reaggravating the hamstring.  They'd want him on ice and they'd check him out as soon as he got to NE.

Rumor does not add up.

So, if you're going to start Julio, what is your backup plan?  Assume only Davante, Julio, and Ridley are owned.  You're gonna want to own someone in case Julio is scratched during warmups.  

Do you pick up hands-of-stone MVS?  Gage?  (I know Gage is a little banged up too).  Someone else?

Also, what do you have to see to actually sit say a mid range WR2 on Sunday in hopes of starting Julio Monday?  If he gets in a limited practice Saturday, is that enough, or does it have to be a full practice?

7 hours ago, harck said:

Julio + Cam would be such a joy to watch but I'm going to assume this is false. Like someone else pointed out, if this was a "done deal" he wouldn't be practicing with the Falcons.

I hope not lol I just traded for edelman yesterday on the low