Boudewijn

Josh Jacobs 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, rigadoog said:

What happened today? Bucs' defense?

Game script is going to get him when they fall behind. Better days ahead. 

1 minute ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Game script is going to get him when they fall behind. Better days ahead. 

Im thinking about buying low, I have WR depth for days so i was going to try offering Godwin.

Predictably terrible game. No O-line practice and TB is the #1 run defense right next to PIT. I'm not worried as long as he stayed healthy. Some people were tweeting that a lineman came down on his foot though and he looked hobbled, did he make out of the game OK?

Edited by harck

16 minutes ago, rigadoog said:

Im thinking about buying low, I have WR depth for days so i was going to try offering Godwin.

Not sure why anybody would trade a top RB for Godwin with AB joining the offense. I'd hit reject on that offer as soon as I saw it 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

His YPC is nothing to celebrate. Too bad he is not more involved in the pass game when they are down by a ton.

2 hours ago, rigadoog said:

What happened today? Bucs' defense?

Yes. Coupled with the O-line being shelved all week, this was predictable.  I benched him this game but won’t hesitate to go back to him next week.

4 hours ago, stay_woke said:

Not sure why anybody would trade a top RB for Godwin with AB joining the offense. I'd hit reject on that offer as soon as I saw it 

Maybe wishful thinking, but outside of two games he hasn't even come close to expectations this year, is vulnerable to game script with a bad defense, and has an injury history.

When it’s all said and done by the end of the season he will be clearly in the top 10 backs for fantasy points scored and pretty confident from what I’ve seen thus far his YPC will head back towards an average of 4. Has looked ok but hasn’t broken many long ones and his o-line hasn’t been too helpful thus far.

5 minutes ago, FalconSloth said:

So what is the consensus on Josh Jacobs ROS value?

High end RB2 with RB1 upside because of the volume

Only faces 2 top 5 run defenses the rest of the fantasy season, and shouldn't be game scripted out of anymore games

Yeah, only worried about the Indi game. Chargers D has looked vulnerable lately, Robinson ran all over them last night and the tackling was weak. Barring a crazy Gruden maneuver or injury, got full confidence in Jacobs the rest of the way. Just wish Carr dumped it off to him a little bit more :).

Troubling usage as of late...why not keep your best player on the field for all them 3rd-and-shorts?  Plus Booker getting a number of crucial series all to himself makes little sense.  Why not try to feed this beast and see how that works out for a full game?

Anyone find anything on his injury? Just watched highlights and he wasn't in the game at all when it was still a 1 score game

7 minutes ago, philnutz said:

Anyone find anything on his injury? Just watched highlights and he wasn't in the game at all when it was still a 1 score game

Heard a linemen stepped on his foot hard, but have seen nothing about it since and no one seemed to talk about it during or after. Didn't watch the game so don't know if he ever played after that. Just assumed he was taken out in the 3rd when it was apparent the run game wasn't going to happen against the Bucs, so why risk an injury.

Edited by harck

A fully healthy o-line will help Jacobs tremendously. Can't wait for Incognito to return, along with Trent Brown.

1 hour ago, YK35 said:

A fully healthy o-line will help Jacobs tremendously. Can't wait for Incognito to return, along with Trent Brown.

Any news on when they might return?  

Dude's been kind of all or nothing this year...disappointing with the good offense and good o-line. Was hoping for consistent RB1 numbers but they involve multiple backs here and the passing game is improved...hope the continued passing game will cause defense to respect Carr and give Jacobs less to worry about

55 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Dude's been kind of all or nothing this year...disappointing with the good offense and good o-line. Was hoping for consistent RB1 numbers but they involve multiple backs here and the passing game is improved...hope the continued passing game will cause defense to respect Carr and give Jacobs less to worry about

O-Line has been pretty banged up outside of G1. Then just when the starters were coming back, Trent Brown blew it up again. Next week, ideally he gets back Incognito, and the following week Brown. 

The O-line this year has been somewhat underwhelming and the playcalling around Jacobs as well. Hopefully they design more plays to get him into open space, but so far it's been run up the gut on repeat. He needs more outside handoffs and screens, but we've seen how stubborn Gruden is. Gruden says every week that Ruggs shouldn't just be a one trick pony deep threat, and every week he trots him out to run 2 of the same routes on repeat.

Edited by harck

The biggest disappointment has been his limited involvement in the passing game. But given the state of the RB1 landscape this season (CMC, Quads, Chubb, Cook, Sanders, Mixon, Carson, Ekeler, etc.), he has been very solid and dependable. Hopefully that holds up. 

Love the player hate the coach and the QB.

He is a really good RB but the coach won't put him in for critical plays and critical drives. The QB is not good enough to scare the defense so whatever positive games you get from Jacobs has to be with a completely healthy offensive line. There is no creativity in the play calling.

Jacobs is a really talented RB but I don't think the play calling is creative enough and the QB is even worse, he has developed into a boom or bust almost TD dependent RB due to his situation. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Love the player hate the coach and the QB.

He is a really good RB but the coach won't put him in for critical plays and critical drives. The QB is not good enough to scare the defense so whatever positive games you get from Jacobs has to be with a completely healthy offensive line. There is no creativity in the play calling.

Jacobs is a really talented RB but I don't think the play calling is creative enough and the QB is even worse, he has developed into a boom or bust almost TD dependent RB due to his situation. 

How stupid not having him out there on 3rd downs, or hurry up offense. 

As a coach you tip your hand like crazy going with this MO.

He's a capable pass catcher ... nothing crazy. But capable 

16 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

How stupid not having him out there on 3rd downs, or hurry up offense. 

As a coach you tip your hand like crazy going with this MO.

He's a capable pass catcher ... nothing crazy. But capable 

Gruden turning him into Doug Martin

• Like 1