Josh Jacobs 2020 Outlook

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FTFY

He's got the most rushing attempts in the league.  He's getting Trent Brown and Ruggs back this week.  Not worried at all.

CEH owner is going to enjoy the ride.  Now, back to your regularly scheduled Josh Jacobs programming.  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, drisser said:

He went off against KC last time, one of his best games of the season. I'm not necessarily expecting that again but I'm hoping for at least 15 points PPR.

He looked good catching some passes as well last week, and hopefully this game is an absurd shootout 

43 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

With the entire starting defense in COVID protocol, this may the case!

Yea just seen that. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Jalen Richard did not practice today at all. If he does not practice tomorrow, there's a good chance Jacobs is once again both the on the ground workhorse and the passing down back which will be fantasy MONEY in a matchup like this.

Edited by harck
11 minutes ago, harck said:

Jalen Richard did not practice today at all. If he does not practice tomorrow, there's a good chance Jacobs is once again both the on the ground workhorse and the passing down back which will be fantasy MONEY in a matchup like this.

You forgot about Booker. He’ll get his touches. 

14 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

You forgot about Booker. He’ll get his touches. 

I didn't. You can still be a workhorse and get breaks. Booker will give Jacobs a breather, but he never steals valuable touches (outside of garbage time). Jacobs gets all goal line (unless the game is completely put away, which won't happen often). Jacobs got passing downs when Richard went down.

Ideally, the emergence of Booker let's the Raiders go back to a week 1 model for Jacobs where they gave him both important on the ground work and passing downs. I suspect they moved away from that because it was clear Jacobs wouldn't be able to survive a season of 25+ carries and receiving work. Now with Booker able to take more of the on the ground open-field carries, this could be a window where Jacobs eats up the passing work again.

Edited by harck
36 minutes ago, harck said:

I didn't. You can still be a workhorse and get breaks. Booker will give Jacobs a breather, but he never steals valuable touches (outside of garbage time). Jacobs gets all goal line (unless the game is completely put away, which won't happen often). Jacobs got passing downs when Richard went down.

Ideally, the emergence of Booker let's the Raiders go back to a week 1 model for Jacobs where they gave him both important on the ground work and passing downs. I suspect they moved away from that because it was clear Jacobs wouldn't be able to survive a season of 25+ carries and receiving work. Now with Booker able to take more of the on the ground open-field carries, this could be a window where Jacobs eats up the passing work again.

I mean, this is extremely optimistic, but I like it. 

1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

I mean, this is extremely optimistic, but I like it. 

For sure. I could be completely wrong and Gruden elevates a practice squad guy and throws him in on every third down. I like to think though that Jacobs has proved he's the best pass-catching option on the team, and they can keep his workload manage-able by having Booker give him a few more breaks on first and second down on early drives. We'll see though.

Edited by harck
30 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Listed as limited after a full practice yesterday.  Probably nothing but worth watching when it's a mid-week add to injury report.

Lol if a limited Thursday practice concerns you make sure you never draft AJ Brown. Despite the red matchup for rb points against I think Josh is gonna feast on Sunday 

1 minute ago, gbill2004 said:

Ankle.  Looked like opposing defender grabbed his ankle and tried to twist it on purpose.  Have to just hope it's a regular ankle sprain and not high ankle variety.  

Jesus.  Looks like Booker also did nothing.  I'm assuming they just quit running.  Sucks, because he had a chance at the stripe early but got two consecutive holding calls.  Big letdown.