Boudewijn

Josh Jacobs 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, turner46 said:

You are correct, but I've heard Matt Nagy say Jordan Howard is a great pass catcher. I've heard the Bills say they were gonna give Spiller the ball until he pukes, etc... take everything with a grain of salt.

If he is telling the truth, you may profit, but re signing Richard, signing Booker and drafting Bowden has me questioning, or maybe Gruden is just a planning for covid with all these RB pass catchers.

lol ole Matt Nagy fooled a lot of ppl with that one huh but I think it’s a little different with Jacobs. We have a history of gruden wanting to pound one RB and one of Jacobs’s top features coming out of college was How great he was in the passing game at bama. Alas I will agree that we can’t just take grudens word for it because coach speak is real. 

As for Richard and booker, doesn’t a team need backups? Richard will probably get some snaps because only CMC takes 100% of the snaps and booker is the definition of a jag and Bowden is a gadget player. He was a wr at UK forced to play QB when they had 3 qbs get hurt and they just ran QB power every other play. I highly doubt he’s a threat to anyone. 

also Michael Pittman was one of grudens RBs for a few years with 200 plus carries and 40 plus receptions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turner46 said:

Or if the 7-9 season turns into a 4-12 season.

His 3 highest snap shares were vs lowly QB's last year in Joe Flacco, Mitch Trubisky and Andy Dalton.

His 3 lowest came in losses 2 of those losses he was useless, I don't want a top 7 RB to be game scripted out of the game if the Raiders are bad.

The Raiders went 6 and 7 in Jacobs games. Jacobs' worst 5 games were in losses, I'm predicting the Chargers to improve, the Broncos to be a wild card so the Raiders may be in position to grab a QB next April like the Chargers did this past year, thus consider the pass catching back or make sure you play standard to consider this man anywhere near RB 7.

He showed very well as a route runner with great hands.  Just didn't get enough opportunity.  I don't see why his snap's won't go up to around 70 percent plus now that he will be in his second season.  He is their best offensive player and should be on the field in any situation.

3 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Raiders just signed Theo Riddick. Does this hurt Jacobs value? 

Let's see, a 29yo RB who didn't play in 2019 and got 500 yds in 2018...

tenor.gif

Posted (edited)

Yikes, this definitely drops JJ down for me. I’m taking Mixon and probably Drake ahead of him.

Edited by ponchsox

9 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Raiders just signed Theo Riddick. Does this hurt Jacobs value? 

Yes because without a bump in passing down work he’s an rb2. 

3 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Yes because without a bump in passing down work he’s an rb2. 

Yes but we don't even know what role Riddick will play yet or whether he'll even make the team. 

I’m not the type to come in here overreacting over a washed up back up running back being signed, however the raiders are clearly signing/drafting playmakers out of the backfield. Not a great sign for jacobs. 

8 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I’m not the type to come in here overreacting over a washed up back up running back being signed, however the raiders are clearly signing/drafting playmakers out of the backfield. Not a great sign for jacobs. 

Yes fair enough, but you weren't seriously thinking Jacobs was going to get into the passing game, were you?

He wasn't last year, they didn't even try, and it's pretty clear they won't try in 2020. Simple as that. Great rusher, go get him in STD leagues, fade in PPR. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

Yes fair enough, but you weren't seriously thinking Jacobs was going to get into the passing game, were you?

He wasn't last year, they didn't even try, and it's pretty clear they won't try in 2020. Simple as that. Great rusher, go get him in STD leagues, fade in PPR. 

Fade like Henry?

🙄

• Like 1

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Fade like Henry?

🙄

Yessir. Well, not that far, obviously Jacobs is better than Henry ;)

52fca7f412c3628e890eb3afe8d5812e.gif

• Haha 2

for what jacobs cost to own in auctions and drafts i own 0 shares in over 100 leagues counting bstballs and auctions. last year i took montgomery over him. this year i will own enither. i rather take the 225 to 250 touches of aaron jones (asuming jones gives me 250 touches). 

4 hours ago, isuckatdfs said:

over 100 leagues

giphy.gif

I suspected you were in quite a few, but hot darn. How many leagues will you have to manage throughout the season?

• Like 1

The more rbs that are brought in, the more it gives Bowden and Jacobs a chance to learn from veterans. Whether it is simple pass blocking, catching or managing your body. Theo was brought there to be a mentor, nothing else. 

21 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

The more rbs that are brought in, the more it gives Bowden and Jacobs a chance to learn from veterans. Whether it is simple pass blocking, catching or managing your body. Theo was brought there to be a mentor, nothing else. 

Source? 

For PPR, I had him right there in the same tier as Drake, Sanders, CEH, and Ekeler but now I'm wondering if he's a drop down. If he's not too involved in the passing game, his value will be limited compared to the aforementioned guys who sauce those points with catches

I thought he was supposed to be a really good receiver coming out of college so it’s pretty surprising that he’s likely going to see limited third down action with all the receiving options they’ve brought in. 

59 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Riddick was brought in cause Lynn Bowden has not impressed this far.

Jacobs should catch 40+ passes.

If he does that, he should be drafted ahead of Henry regardless of format. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

If he does that, he should be drafted ahead of Henry regardless of format. 

You are free to do whatever you like.

Henry is the 4th best fantasy RB though

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

You are free to do whatever you like.

Henry is the 4th best fantasy RB though

Based on last years stats. But the key to winning at fantasy football is projecting the current season. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Based on last years stats. But the key to winning at fantasy football is projecting the current season. 

Very astute observation, I must say.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Very astute observation, I must say.

I know you're being a smart a**, but this essentially renders your last comment useless. 

• Like 1