Boudewijn

Josh Jacobs 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

 

You are free to do whatever you like.

 

Henry is the 4th best fantasy RB though


Yup. Taylor, Fournette and DJ are all better. Definitely 4th best in his own division. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Jacobs is a savage, if Fournette and Elliot could catch passes when they didn’t do it in college , I’m sure Jacobs can and will this year because he was above average pass catcher in college.

 

kids going to be a top 5 back this year probably or darn close.  This kid has the juice watch out 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everywhere you look, someone is saying this guy is going to get more receiving work. The GM, coach, himself, and beat writers. Yet I’m still skeptical. Starting to feel like I may be overthinking this. Obviously don’t love the presence of Richard and the Riddick signing, but he doesn’t need an absolute monopoly on the receiving work out of the backfield to be a stud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

Everywhere you look, someone is saying this guy is going to get more receiving work. The GM, coach, himself, and beat writers. Yet I’m still skeptical. Starting to feel like I may be overthinking this. Obviously don’t love the presence of Richard and the Riddick signing, but he doesn’t need an absolute monopoly on the receiving work out of the backfield to be a stud. 


I’m skeptical as well, but his floor is really high even if Gruden is lying as I suspect. If Gruden is telling the truth, he’ll easily be an RB1 and be better than one-dimensional types such as Mixon, Chubb, and Henry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joshua18 said:


I’m skeptical as well, but his floor is really high even if Gruden is lying as I suspect. If Gruden is telling the truth, he’ll easily be an RB1 and be better than one-dimensional types such as Mixon, Chubb, and Henry.

Exactly my thoughts 💭 too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He seems like a high floor guy, but how is his ceiling. Are the Raiders going to be any good. Owning RB’s on bad teams can be frustrating.

 

What kind of usage and snap rates should we expect from him. I know he was banged up last season, but he was off the field a lot. DeAndre Washington is gone, but Richard is still there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2020 at 4:56 AM, joshua18 said:


I’m skeptical as well, but his floor is really high even if Gruden is lying as I suspect. If Gruden is telling the truth, he’ll easily be an RB1 and be better than one-dimensional types such as Mixon, Chubb, and Henry.

 

this ^

as i cited earlier in the thread, Vegas sides on him eclipsing o1220.5 rushing yds ... big # for a kid with so many supposed question marks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jacobs’ poor receiving usage as a rookie (7.5 routes per game, three drops on 27 targets) is commonly being mistaken as something to improve on as opposed to his best-case scenario. The Raiders have virtually shouted as much, re-signing third-down RB Jalen Richard before bringing on former Broncos receiving back Devontae Booker, chess-piece rookie Lynn Bowden, and Theo Riddick, the latter being one of the decade’s most impactful satellite runners. No matter what coachspeak leaks from Las Vegas’ camp, it’s clear the Raiders have no intention of using Jacobs as a three-down bell-cow. And in eliminating that option, the 22-year-old’s ceiling is limited behind those in his tier who will inevitably catch passes (Austin EkelerAaron Jones, etc.). — John Daigle

This makes me pause with my pick coming up on Thursday ugh...Lots of good points made here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, spd2base said:

Jacobs’ poor receiving usage as a rookie (7.5 routes per game, three drops on 27 targets) is commonly being mistaken as something to improve on as opposed to his best-case scenario. The Raiders have virtually shouted as much, re-signing third-down RB Jalen Richard before bringing on former Broncos receiving back Devontae Booker, chess-piece rookie Lynn Bowden, and Theo Riddick, the latter being one of the decade’s most impactful satellite runners. No matter what coachspeak leaks from Las Vegas’ camp, it’s clear the Raiders have no intention of using Jacobs as a three-down bell-cow. And in eliminating that option, the 22-year-old’s ceiling is limited behind those in his tier who will inevitably catch passes (Austin EkelerAaron Jones, etc.). — John Daigle

This makes me pause with my pick coming up on Thursday ugh...Lots of good points made here. 

Yeah same coulda been said for a number of players who didn’t catch passes in the ost.  Zeke, Fournette to name a few recently 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just worry about the Oakland offense struggling. Not sure I want to invest a high end pick on what could be a bad offense. RB is extremely tied to team success. Nothing worst than having a RB on a team trailing by 20 points at half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

I just worry about the Oakland offense struggling. Not sure I want to invest a high end pick on what could be a bad offense. RB is extremely tied to team success. Nothing worst than having a RB on a team trailing by 20 points at half. 

These are the top-5 best RB fantasy performances of the past 10 years, with the records of their teams:

Rk    Player    Year    Age    Tm    Record
1    Christian McCaffrey    2019    23    CAR    5-11
2    David Johnson    2016    25    ARI    7-8-1
3    Arian Foster    2010    24    HOU    6-10
4    Saquon Barkley    2018    21    NYG    5-11
5    Christian McCaffrey    2018    22    CAR    7-9
 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

These are the top-5 best RB fantasy performances of the past 10 years, with the records of their teams:

Rk    Player    Year    Age    Tm    Record
1    Christian McCaffrey    2019    23    CAR    5-11
2    David Johnson    2016    25    ARI    7-8-1
3    Arian Foster    2010    24    HOU    6-10
4    Saquon Barkley    2018    21    NYG    5-11
5    Christian McCaffrey    2018    22    CAR    7-9
 

If a team leans like crazy on their RB it’s honestly hard for them to be a legit contender. Most elite teams have some sort of balance at the position and a lot of them have elite QBs which means less dump offs and also more air yards.

At the same time a back won’t put up RB1 overall numbers on some pathetic offense.

So those records make a lot of sense. 

Edited by Gohawks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brye said:

Yeah same coulda been said for a number of players who didn’t catch passes in the ost.  Zeke, Fournette to name a few recently 

“Despite what the cowboys coaches have said about getting Zeke involved in the passing game, they brought in offseason weapon tavon Austin who is sure to steal all the receiving work”

 

does anyone really care that they have a bunch of unexciting pass catching backs? And wouldn’t the quantity of that specific type of rb indicate they are worried about the quality(or health) of their scat backs? If they were worried about Jacobs they would’ve brought in someone to compete with him. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind if he catches passes on non 3rd and long situations. He can still catch 2 to 3 passes a game 45 catches we will say. Figure 300 yards receive 1250 rushing and 10 total TD. Could make him overall rb6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Wow Bowden and Riddick gone. He has number 1 overall RB upside now. 

I disagree BUT I own him in two leagues and hope you’re right lol. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ryansm11 said:

I disagree BUT I own him in two leagues and hope you’re right lol. 

I traded him earlier this week lol. Why else would they deal Bowden if not to feature Jacobs in the passing game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I traded him earlier this week lol. Why else would they deal Bowden if not to feature Jacobs in the passing game? 

 

We did pay Jalen Richard $7MM over 2 years for some reason....but then again we also paid Mariota $17MM so who really knows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I traded him earlier this week lol. Why else would they deal Bowden if not to feature Jacobs in the passing game? 

They still have Richard who was the main threat to begin with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I traded him earlier this week lol. Why else would they deal Bowden if not to feature Jacobs in the passing game? 

 

If Bowden wasnt doing much in practice than he wasnt going to be a detriment to Jacobs anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Riddick & Bowden gone, the path is clear for Jacobs to get more receiving work. He may not get 60 catches, but 40 is definitely reasonable. RB1 all year with top 5 potential 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

With Riddick & Bowden gone, the path is clear for Jacobs to get more receiving work. He may not get 60 catches, but 40 is definitely reasonable. RB1 all year with top 5 potential 👍

Really hoping hes stays healthy with no major injuries 🤞🤞

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

They still have Richard who was the main threat to begin with. 

Yes but all of DeAndre Washington's touches and targets are gone 386 yards rushing and 36 catches.... If those charges go mostly to Jacobs and he runs at same place as last year but for full 16 games then you have atop4 RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

il continually say it, this man is finnin to eat. Finnin to produce rb1 numbers and hit the tables on the strip with top shelf liquor as Russian girls are hanging all over him. Mr. Long stroke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

il continually say it, this man is finnin to eat. Finnin to produce rb1 numbers and hit the tables on the strip with top shelf liquor as Russian girls are hanging all over him. Mr. Long stroke

Subscribed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.