Boudewijn

Josh Jacobs 2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He just went for 88 yards on Monday night, if he goes for 116 this weekend he is teetering on RB2 territory, or so I've been told.

Got vultured twice by Waller & Ingold. How good will he be behind their 1st string OLine?! Raiders worked Saints vaunted Rush DLine for some big yardage with fill-in G & T. Gruden has more weapons I.E. Ruggs to discourage Stacked Boxes & their OLine w/Jacobs will dominate time of possession throughout season! Enjoy the Ride! Giddy up!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Yes, I liked the package of hunt/Hopkins+rb1. Thinking about swapping rb1's... I know most think Jacobs is better ROS, but I'm not so sure. Panthers are horrible against the run so not putting too much stock into his week 1 

I'd love to be sadistic and tell you what a smart move that would be

4 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

Just made  a big trade for him and kelce, I'm here to join train ride fellas!!!

Welcome aboard!  Don't worry about the DNP Wednesday, just an extra rest day after Monday night.  He'll be ready to roll on Sunday

2 hours ago, scheibler said:

Yes, I liked the package of hunt/Hopkins+rb1. Thinking about swapping rb1's... I know most think Jacobs is better ROS, but I'm not so sure. Panthers are horrible against the run so not putting too much stock into his week 1 

You got a good trade.

Jacobs is a stud.  Stats would've looked a lot better if he'd have gotten the ball a foot further on the goal line.

I would not trade him for Drake, personally. 

• Like 1

Let's not forget, NO has a tough D and the OL for the Raiders was a little banged up.  JJ was still able to produce a solid game.  While I of course wanted more, I was still pleased with his production, usage, and health - especially considering the carnage that happened Sunday.

Locked and loaded. I took Drake at the end of the 1st and JJ at the top of the 2nd. 

If I could do it over, I'd take JJ at the bottom of the 1st and Hopkins at top of the 2nd. 

Jacobs is the real deal and as long as he can stay healthy, sure looks like a top 5-8 RB.

15 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Locked and loaded. I took Drake at the end of the 1st and JJ at the top of the 2nd. 

If I could do it over, I'd take JJ at the bottom of the 1st and Hopkins at top of the 2nd. 

Jacobs is the real deal and as long as he can stay healthy, sure looks like a top 5-8 RB.

Drake too so not much for you to complain about.

51 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Drake too so not much for you to complain about.

Not complaining homie, was ecstatic I got him at #12, but it was risky. I had a feeling Jacobs was a top10 or better type of guy, and while I like Drake as a Cards fan, I got straight lucky the guy in front of me took Chubb over JJ. I bet he's regretting that right now. I think Jacobs is highly talented, in an offense that leverages his ability, and should've been taken top 10. If you got him after the 10th pick, like myself, I think we should feel lucky. 

Jacobs not at practice again today. Fingers crossed he's just resting.

5 minutes ago, Juke said:

Jacobs not at practice again today. Fingers crossed he's just resting.

This is bad as I have to decide by tonight whether or not to replace Jacobs with my backup James Robinson.  Hoping for more definitive info by later this afternoon.

4 hours ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

I did the same thing. Drake at 1.11 and Jacobs at 2.2. Not many full workload RBs like Jacobs left. I’m worried about the durability though

Hoping it's an earned day off after beating the saints Monday night, but he went to the tent in that game. Makes me want to offer him fir drake even more now

If Jacobs misses time, who do you think the better add would be Devontae Booker or Jalen Richard?  Booker looked to be the main backup in week 1 but only had 3 carries for -1 yards this past week.

Jacobs finished the game, hoping this is still just over precaution and rest. Maybe Gruden is trying to stick it to Bill Belichick with a taste of his own medicine messing with the injury report? We will see. Fingers crossed. 

31 minutes ago, Fat Clemenza said:

This is bad as I have to decide by tonight whether or not to replace Jacobs with my backup James Robinson.  Hoping for more definitive info by later this afternoon.

Start Robinson in one of your RB slots and move Jacobs to your flex.  Buy yourself a couple more days.

17 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

If Jacobs misses time, who do you think the better add would be Devontae Booker or Jalen Richard?  Booker looked to be the main backup in week 1 but only had 3 carries for -1 yards this past week.

And Richard had one of the most embarrassing fumbles i've ever seen, carrying on his legacy of being the fumble king.  Booker would be the guy.

He was walking off the field at the end of the game jumping around yelling 'RAAAAIDERS'. I think he's fine. Almost 30 touches on a monday night game. Him and Waller are getting some rest for a big upcoming match-up.

Nothing to see here. No reason both he AND Waller would be out 2 days straight. Neither of them were hurt at the end of the game. Monday night game and with the rash of injuries that happened this past weekend Gruden is being careful with his star players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Nothing to see here. No reason both he AND Waller would be out 2 days straight. Neither of them were hurt at the end of the game. Monday night game and with the rash of injuries that happened this past weekend Gruden is being careful with his star players.

Pretty much this.

Last season down the stretch he consistently had rest days did he not? I do worry about the durability but he also played while banged up last year.  Hopefully he can stay healthy and this is mainly just rest.

7 hours ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

top 5-8? please give me the 5-8 rb's that finish ahead of him...

4 hours ago, sjm76 said:

Booker would get more run on early downs and goal line with Richard mixing in on third down if I had to guess.  And Gruden loves his RBs so it would be a valuable role even though Booker is JAG at best.