Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Diontae Johnson 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

 

Not trying to be argumentative but he was drafted in most leagues.

I remember from start of the season even his ownership % on Yahoo was quite high.

I play 10ers , we start 3WR , 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex.  

Standard league I drafted him 9th round,  90th overall.

Half-PPR I grabbed him 12th round, 119th overall. 

Yeah I mean honestly he should have been drafted. Just one of those guys that went overlooked. I would have grabbed him but I already had golladay, Godwin fuller and woods. That was my 4 and I usually never go over drafting 4 WRs. I was just pointing out it’s possible even though probably not likely. Regardless a late round pick is still pretty much a freebie. You probably weren’t counting on him to be your WR2.

Edited by StevenSC400
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah of course! Here's the tweet from Brooke Pryor:   Ben said it in today's press conference at 10:42 min.  

This guy is facinating. The Steelers had a 1st round grade on him coming out of Toledo when they drafted him #66 overall. As a rookie, he led all NFL wide receivers in separation yards (2.39) and

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Yeah I mean honestly he should have been drafted. Just one of those guys that went overlooked. I would have grabbed him but I already had golladay, Godwin fuller and woods. That was my 4 and I usually never go over drafting 4 WRs. I was just pointing out it’s possible even though probably not likely. Regardless a late round pick is still pretty much a freebie. You probably weren’t counting on him to be your WR2.

 

Oh yeah for sure no one drafted him as a WR2. I would say primarily for depth , or maybe a WR3 if you went super heavy on RB.

But drafting him definitely paid off for me .. both in the long and short term.

In the league where I lost Sutton, he's plugged in now as my starter ROS.

+ another where I've been dealing with injuries to both Golladay + Godwin on and off.

I've been able to plug him and be fairly confident in his abilities. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

He was basically a waiver wire add. Most leagues only need to play 2 WR. There’s lots of options out there for a #2.

What kinda league u in? A 4 team league? 

Edited by Tomei7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tomei7 said:

What kinda league u in? A 4 team league? 

You guys know how to read ADP? He was pick 115 which is WR 46. In 8-10 team leagues where you only start 2 WRs he may have not been drafted. He’s still only owned in 85% of leagues on ESPN. Before his first two weeks it was like around 60-70% from what I remember.

Edited by StevenSC400
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

You guys know how to read ADP? He was pick 115 which is WR 46. In 8-10 team leagues where you only start 2 WRs he may have not been drafted. He’s still only owned in 85% of leagues on ESPN. Before his first two weeks it was like around 60-70% from what I remember.

In 8-10 teams I dont think every member even knows who this guy is based on the production he's done on his PPR score so its not too surprising. Theyll find out though, when thinking of PIT D Johnson will need to be put in the same sentence as a breakout WR

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

In 8-10 teams I dont think every member even knows who this guy is based on the production he's done on his PPR score so its not too surprising. Theyll find out though, when thinking of PIT D Johnson will need to be put in the same sentence as a breakout WR

We’ll see. I mean he definitely has a lot of upside but he’s not there yet. Also not everyone plays in PPR. Every league is different. For example the one I’m in everyone jumps on running backs early and often. Even most of the backups are gone. When you only start 2 WR you don’t need to have a bunch of WR on your roster. So all the WRs always fall in the draft. 

Edited by StevenSC400
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

You guys know how to read ADP? He was pick 115 which is WR 46. In 8-10 team leagues where you only start 2 WRs he may have not been drafted. He’s still only owned in 85% of leagues on ESPN. Before his first two weeks it was like around 60-70% from what I remember.

Diontae was drafted in all the leagues I’m in which are all 12 teamers  (never been interested in 10 teamers or less, that’s for family leagues not competitive enough for me IMO). Diontae still should of been drafted in 10 teamers, he never made it past the 110th pick in all my leagues. The latest he went was beginning of the 10th rd and earliest was the middle of the 8th rd. Starting 2wrs or not he should have been drafted. It was very clear before the season that he could be a target hog with Big Ben because of his great route running (similar to AB), if u were paying attn he played great last yr with trash QB’s in Duck/Rudolph. The way Diontae can separate from the LOS and his route running is night and day compared to what Juju can do, that’s why Diontae is the clear #1 WR on this team and he will be until Mapletron steps up. Only downside on Diontae is he his injury prone, that’s my only negative on the guy. This all coming from a Steelers fan btw.

Edited by Tomei7
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Diontae was drafted in all the leagues I’m in which are all 12 teamers  (never been interested in 10 teamers or less, that’s for family leagues not competitive enough for me IMO). Diontae still should of been drafted in 10 teamers, he never made it past the 110th pick in all my leagues. The latest he went was beginning of the 10th rd and earliest was the middle of the 8th rd. Starting 2wrs or not he should have been drafted. It was very clear before the season that he could be a target hog with Big Ben because of his great route running (similar to AB), if u were paying attn he played great last yr with trash QB’s in Duck/Rudolph. The way Diontae can separate from the LOS and his route running is night and day compared to what Juju can do, that’s why Diontae is the clear #1 WR on this team and he will be until Mapletron steps up. Only downside on Diontae is he his injury prone, that’s my only negative on the guy. This all coming from a Steelers fan btw.

The league size doesn’t determine if a league is “competitive”. The players do. Ive played in all sorts of leagues and just because you have more teams doesn’t mean the owners know what their doing. And the ADP on fantasy pros suggests otherwise. The average where he was going was pick 115. That’s round 12. Again as far as Dionte is concerned we’ll see. A lot of people are still sold on JuJu as the true number 1 too. Outside of getting a lot of targets it’s not like he’s being a game changer as far as fantasy football is concerned. There’s other players like him. Robby Anderson for example is one that sticks out. Even if both are really good is there enough yards and TDs for Anderson and DJ? Same goes for Dionte and JuJu? We’ll see how it plays out. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird. ESPN had him ranked as the 79th overall player going into the year. Not sure where Yahoo originally had him ranked.  Sounds like tons of people were sleeping on him after reading some of these posts and ADP’s. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Weird. ESPN had him ranked as the 79th overall player going into the year. Not sure where Yahoo originally had him ranked.  Sounds like tons of people were sleeping on him after reading some of these posts and ADP’s. 

Yeah if you check fantasy pros which is a good source they have his ADP at 115. I mean the rankings are the rankings. It doesn’t mean people follow them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

We’ll see. I mean he definitely has a lot of upside but he’s not there yet. Also not everyone plays in PPR. Every league is different. For example the one I’m in everyone jumps on running backs early and often. Even most of the backups are gone. When you only start 2 WR you don’t need to have a bunch of WR on your roster. So all the WRs always fall in the draft. 

WRs fall anyway because of the draft capital RBs have, and you can find value in the later rounds, but I get your point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Weird. ESPN had him ranked as the 79th overall player going into the year. Not sure where Yahoo originally had him ranked.  Sounds like tons of people were sleeping on him after reading some of these posts and ADP’s. 


hes one of those guys that the sharks were all over-  usually early.   But in casual leagues?   Juju is the name.   Diontae was an afterthought.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked him up off of waivers week 2. My league was sleeping hard on him, but the general consensus was nobody knew how Big Ben was going to play coming into this season. This is coming from a league with a die hard Steelers fan too...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Do people still have drafts coming up? 
 

I don’t understand all the backward-looking ADP analysis. DJ has a 30% target share from a solid QB and is one of the best separators in the league and you have him or you don’t.

 

I’ve heard several analysts say that expectations for this weekend should be tempered because of Slay but on the other hand DJ only needs to burn him for one or two big plays. I kind of have a feeling this could be a coming out party game. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Do people still have drafts coming up? 
 

I don’t understand all the backward-looking ADP analysis. DJ has a 30% target share from a solid QB and is one of the best separators in the league and you have him or you don’t.

 

I’ve heard several analysts say that expectations for this weekend should be tempered because of Slay but on the other hand DJ only needs to burn him for one or two big plays. I kind of have a feeling this could be a coming out party game. 


the man can flat out get open. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...