Rotoworld.com Forums

Diontae Johnson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah of course! Here's the tweet from Brooke Pryor:   Ben said it in today's press conference at 10:42 min.  

This guy is facinating. The Steelers had a 1st round grade on him coming out of Toledo when they drafted him #66 overall. As a rookie, he led all NFL wide receivers in separation yards (2.39) and

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Claypool & Diontae have both really yet to play together since Diontae has kept getting hurt.

Nothing really will be clear until that happens. Steelers have some insane talent in that corps.

I agree.  I'm not throwing shade on Claypool's talent (because I think he has tremendous talent) but, I think he got as much play as he did was because DJ was out.

• Like 1

Assuming he plays this Sunday and doesn't re-injure himself, right now is the lowest his value will be all year. Great time to buy low.

Man, didn't see that OUT designation happening this week, that's a bummer.

Side note, I really do think Diontae was trending to be a top 15 WR this season. Has all the talent, was getting all the targets, and Ben clearly liked him. Steelers were scheming ways to specifically get him the ball. I was pumped to get him.

Injuries just did him. Now even when he returns, there will just be too many mouths to feed for him to reach the potential I was expecting. He's still going to be a startable player, but much closer to the 30-35 range than the top 20. Bummer, but thus is fantasy.

3 minutes ago, Kilo said:

Big Ben has been able to support multiple WR's.  His injuries have hurt but, based on his early season usage, when he's back, there should be enough for him to thrive even with Claypool's rise.

I agree. I still advocate buying low on Johnson. When he plays a full game I think he has a PPR floor of 8-10 points per game. He just gets so much separation from defenders, most in the league last year, and Ben recognizes that. His targets will still be there.

21 hours ago, sSektor said:

Not looking great for his longterm control of the target share if Claypool goes off again this week. Hopefully DJ gets motivated and bounces back in a big way.

Claypool has definitely stole this kid's thunder.

Not expecting the same production at all once he returns.

9 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Claypool has definitely stole this kid's thunder.

Not expecting the same production at all once he returns.

I'm still fairly confident DJ will get decent targets when he gets back just based on how effortlessly he seems to get open. But the Steelers would be crazy to not give Claypool at least 7ish high value targets each week. He's a physically imposing speedster and those Ben deep shots are money.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I'm still fairly confident DJ will get decent targets when he gets back just based on how effortlessly he seems to get open. But the Steelers would be crazy to not give Claypool at least 7ish high value targets each week. He's a physically imposing speedster and those Ben deep shots are money.

It just caps his ceiling now.

He went from being a so called #1 WR on the Steelers, to a 2A - 2B situation with Claypool.

• Like 1
Just now, RunCMC said:

It just caps his ceiling now.

He went from being a so called #1 WR on the Steelers, to a 2A - 2B situation with Claypool.

remains to be seen. 1 game with no diontae.

obviously if you cant stay on the field someone going to take ur job. i hope its a poor mans diontae-lockett, claypool-dk, ju ju saved for redzone or clutch 3rd down plays

Just now, colepenhagen said:

remains to be seen. 1 game with no diontae.

obviously if you cant stay on the field someone going to take ur job. i hope its a poor mans diontae-lockett, claypool-dk, ju ju saved for redzone or clutch 3rd down plays

Cliche to say, but your best trait sometimes is your availbility.

His talent is not the question ... the kid is baller hands down.

Just hope he can stay healthy, and put together a nice 2nd half of the season for us.