Sign in to follow this  
mocha4313

Diontae Johnson 2020 Outlook

Actually glad he sitting this week out. Rather have him for the long run. He was the number 1 target for Ben with Claypool healthy. Claypool can take all the shine now. I’ll take Deontae’s shine as true WR 1 on this team week 8-16

I think Claypool's emergence affects the TE's the most.  I think it lowers Ebron's value more than it affects DJ.

1 hour ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Actually glad he sitting this week out. Rather have him for the long run. He was the number 1 target for Ben with Claypool healthy. Claypool can take all the shine now. I’ll take Deontae’s shine as true WR 1 on this team week 8-16

Claypool is the number 1 now and long run.  He looks the part and he actually stays on the field.  Can't say that about Dj

11 minutes ago, Louiezo6 said:

Claypool is the number 1 now and long run.  He looks the part and he actually stays on the field.  Can't say that about Dj

After 1 blowup game?  He could be but, it's too early to say for sure.  Wait until we see the snap % and targets when DJ is back before declaring Claypool the #1. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Foppatosakic said:

Diontae coming back healthy. Excited to see him incorporated in this offense. 

I wouldn’t get too excited.....Claypool has taken over this offense.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

I wouldn’t get too excited.....Claypool has taken over this offense.

Ben can easily support 2 fantasy receivers. More defensive attention on Claypool could even help Johnson's fantasy output.

juju the odd man out. dj bout to be bens safety blanket. claypool, big play threat, tough yardage and jet sweeps. 

He has massive bust potential any given week due to injury or Claypool/Washington/Juju

• Thanks 1

Just now, Andy Mick said:

Ben can easily support 2 fantasy receivers. More defensive attention on Claypool could even help Johnson's fantasy output.

I agree but this passing offense will run thru 7/11....Ben and Claypool. Diontae is injury prone, he has been since he has entered the league, and I can almost guarantee he will miss more games this season. He can’t shoulder the load of a #1 WR that the Steelers like to see, he will be a part of this offense but he won’t be depended on heavily because of his ongoing history of injuries and Claypool being a Alpha who can put a team on his back. This coming from a Steelers fan who doesn’t miss a beat on them. 

• Thanks 2

I think this is a great example of just dropping a guy 1-2 weeks early rather than kicking yourself for holding too long, assuming you can find upside on the WW this week. 

I can’t say I agree. Everyone proclaiming that Johnson is suddenly irrelevant because of Claypool?  Claypool got 4 out of 23 available Steelers targets with Johnson out last week. Washington almost doubled Claypool in targets.  2 other Steelers matched Claypool in targets (JSS, Ebron).  No doubt Claypool is good and they give him some carries as well.  He may finish as the most productive Steelers WR ROS.  But people talking about dropping DJohnson after he dominated targets the first couple weeks is crazy to me.  If he gets in two full practices I’m thinking of starting him as my WR2 in PPR.  Injury risk is there I guess but Ben will throw it to the open dude, and Johnson gets open.  7+ targets weekly is not hard to imagine with everything opposing defenses have to worry about.  Added Claypool attention only helps.  

Edited by FeastMode
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, umphrey said:

I think this is a great example of just dropping a guy 1-2 weeks early rather than kicking yourself for holding too long, assuming you can find upside on the WW this week. 

Dropping Diontae would be an incredibly unwise move, imo.

• Like 4

I think the Claypool crowd needs to slow their roll. Claypool is not the #1.

"But muh my last 2 weeks of fantasy numbers!" Sorry, guys, the last two weeks don't just vault him into the top spot. Justin Jefferson isn't going to overtake Thielen right now either.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SkittleMania said:

I think the Claypool crowd needs to slow their roll. Claypool is not the #1.

"But muh my last 2 weeks of fantasy numbers!" Sorry, guys, the last two weeks don't just vault him into the top spot. Justin Jefferson isn't going to overtake Thielen right now either.

Justin Jefferson can atleast stay on the field. DJ has had calf issue, concussion, and back issue.  We're still only in week 7

• Like 1

As much as I like and believe in Chase, I think Diontae will always eat when he is on the field. Defenses are more likely to give up everything underneath which is where Diontae thrives, plus he creates more separation (Per next gen stats). I think Juju and Ebron are the odd men out here.

Yall can't be serious Lmao. He is that dude on this team. Easy WR1 and claypool deep threat to widen the field. Never forget, when healthy, Diontae Johnson is a stud.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Louiezo6 said:

Justin Jefferson can atleast stay on the field. DJ has had calf issue, concussion, and back issue.  We're still only in week 7

The Diontae comparison was Thielen, not Jets. 

dude doesn’t have the frame or toughness to work the middle consistently.  Will get hurt again eventually.

This guy had bad juju written all over him - glad I DND

1 hour ago, jstep13 said:

This guy had bad juju written all over him - glad I DND

I mean how much did this guy actually cost anyone? Pretty sure I drafted him as my WR4. I do get an eery feeling with him. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

dude doesn’t have the frame or toughness to work the middle consistently.  Will get hurt again eventually.

Couldn’t agree with u more, but as a Steelers fan I hope 🤞🏼 not. But u are correct DJ doesn’t have the toughness/frame to handle a load in the middle of the field. Since last yr I’ve cringed every time he made catches over the middle, he doesn’t seem to absorb hits well at all or avoid them. 

I think he's a fine player with plenty of potential, but I'm confused at anointing him the clear top dog...he's basically new to Ben too and has had 2 games where he led in target share this season. He's far from a proven commodity - comparing him to Thielen is premature, he doesn't even have 1,000 career yards! I do agree that he and Claypool are the WRs to own

Edited by trilly
  • Like 1