Rotoworld.com Forums

Diontae Johnson 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Claypool will average 4-6 targets. He was targeted 4 times last week, and good for him for making good on all of them. If he misses those targets, could be detrimental. 

DJ has a much safer floor. Expecting around 10 targets, and has a better chance to have more receptions than Claypool does targets. 

I don't think he sees 10.  Claypool got a lot of defensive attention after his 4 td game. With dj coming back Claypool will probably see more open looks. I think he and Claypool will be closer to even. Maybe 8 to 6.

• Like 1
  • Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah of course! Here's the tweet from Brooke Pryor:   Ben said it in today's press conference at 10:42 min.  

This guy is facinating. The Steelers had a 1st round grade on him coming out of Toledo when they drafted him #66 overall. As a rookie, he led all NFL wide receivers in separation yards (2.39) and

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

I don't think he sees 10.  Claypool got a lot of defensive attention after his 4 td game. With dj coming back Claypool will probably see more open looks. I think he and Claypool will be closer to even. Maybe 8 to 6.

Fair enough. I still see Claypool as a 3-6 target receiver with a few carries. I see DJ as a 8-12 target receiver. 

Just now, Travis Burten said:

Fair enough. I still see Claypool as a 3-6 target receiver with a few carries. I see DJ as a 8-12 target receiver. 

That's a remote possibility. I don't see them being happy with Claypool only getting 3 catches based on what he's done these past few weeks tho. 

1 hour ago, Travis Burten said:

I would have expected closer to 10 targets last week

Ben threw the ball 22 times last week - no one is going to have 10 targets with that volume. This offense can def support 2 starting WRs, and Juju is clearly the odd man out. I see DJ likely as a higher floor play, while Claypool will have the higher ceiling.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Travis Burten said:

I would have expected closer to 10 targets last week

They only threw the ball like 23 times lol. 
The case that Johnson got a lot of targets first 2 games is cool and all but he didn’t really do much with em so it doesn’t hold as much weight but Claypool has a lot more upside and can do more with less For sure.. as we have seen. And That’s not a knock on Johnson.  

Edited by jharv2k1
1 hour ago, jharv2k1 said:

They only threw the ball like 23 times lol. 
The case that Johnson got a lot of targets first 2 games is cool and all but he didn’t really do much with em so it doesn’t hold as much weight but Claypool has a lot more upside and can do more with less For sure.. as we have seen. And That’s not a knock on Johnson.  

8/92/1 in week 2 is doing plenty enough in my book. 6/60/0.5 is good enough for me in PPR. But I get the counterpoints and we’ll find out soon enough.

• Like 1

Johnson's talent isn't a question.  The problem is that Pittsburgh now has 4 talented wr's - Johnson, JuJu, Claypool and James Washington who are going to see the field a lot.  Barring injury, Johnson will probably be hard to rely on as anything more than a wr3 who is going to have some boom weeks but a lot of bust weeks, too.

8 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Johnson's talent isn't a question.  The problem is that Pittsburgh now has 4 talented wr's - Johnson, JuJu, Claypool and James Washington who are going to see the field a lot.  Barring injury, Johnson will probably be hard to rely on as anything more than a wr3 who is going to have some boom weeks but a lot of bust weeks, too.

A WR3? Can’t ride with you on that. JuJu and Washington are taking a backseat to Diontae and Chase. I’m not concerned about Washington at all. 

• Like 1
Just now, Flyman75 said:

A WR3? Can’t ride with you on that. JuJu and Washington are taking a backseat to Diontae and Chase. I’m not concerned about Washington at all. 

I think He means WR3 Fantasy wise ... which is realistic 

People are just assuming that Juju won't be a significant part of the offense moving forward. If Juju is still getting targets one or both these guys will be fantasy compromised. I'm hoping that they trade juju. That would be perfect. 

21 minutes ago, machine3 said:

A lotta crazy talk in here. As long as hes healthy hes a must start, period. 

I own him in about 5 leagues and 3 of them I picked him up Outta free agency. He might start as my WR3 on 1 of my teams. The other 4 he’s on my bench. I hope he Plays good and I like his potential but “Must Start” idk bout all that lol not on a Contending Team he’s not... his numbers definitly don’t justify that, he’s a MAYBE start or a wait and see. I’d be curious to see the rosters/ lineups of the teams that consider him a WR1 or a must Start 🤔

Edited by jharv2k1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

People are just assuming that Juju won't be a significant part of the offense moving forward. If Juju is still getting targets one or both these guys will be fantasy compromised. I'm hoping that they trade juju. That would be perfect. 

That’s because he only has 14 targets over the last three games. He’s already been barely involved the last few weeks as it is. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

That’s because he only has 14 targets over the last three games. He’s already been barely involved the last few weeks as it is. 

This is true.... his production fell off a cliff fast! I wonder if he’s playing injured this year or what ??? At least AJ Green , Ty Hilton etc are older players .. this Dude is like 25 lol

6 minutes ago, jharv2k1 said:

This is true.... his production fell off a cliff fast! I wonder if he’s playing injured this year or what ??? At least AJ Green , Ty Hilton etc are older players .. this Dude is like 25 lol

If Ben makes a conscious decision to get juju the ball this situation will be a mess. Juju is young and in a contract year. And he's well liked. Im not sure if they're just gonna forget about him. 

9 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

If Ben makes a conscious decision to get juju the ball this situation will be a mess. Juju is young and in a contract year. And he's well liked. Im not sure if they're just gonna forget about him. 

Yea and watching him he doesn’t look sorry out there or nothing like that. He running some short routes for one lol 

57 minutes ago, jharv2k1 said:

They should all 3 be able to Eat. U can’t really double any of them 3 and Conner and the run Game should make this one of the best offenses in the league Health permitting 

I just don't see it.

Max 2 go off any given week.  

This defense is too good, nor do I think Big Ben can support 3 wideouts consistently.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Kaii23 said:

This. With juju as the odd man out. I don't see a true wr1 here but two wr2s with wr1 upside and wr 3or 4 downside. 

I don’t see how Diontae goes from 23 targets through two weeks to the backseat on this offense. He gets open. Ben knows this and will look his way. Claypool is a damn fine football player and will be involved but he’ll be the field stretcher / gadget option and a little more volatile in my opinion. As long as DJ can stay on the dang field he will be a stud. 

Edited by TeflonDonNewcombe