Sign in to follow this  
mocha4313

Diontae Johnson 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, machine3 said:

Must start when healthy. AB2

Let me know when he’s healthy. He got hurt again at the end. Love the talent but reminds me of Will Fuller. 

Just now, Travis Burten said:

How serious is the injury?

He went back in the game.

• Like 2

Just now, FlashGordon401 said:

He went back in the game.

That's what I thought I saw..he was in on that last Ben pick right?

Just now, CPuente57 said:

That's what I thought I saw..he was in on that last Ben pick right?

Ya, hopefully just a cramp.  He flashed today for sure, still missed a couple extra catches where him and Ben weren't on the same page too.  Hopefully a sign of more to come.

• Like 1

Safe to say dj is still the #1 option. I think the Titans gave Claypool the #1 option treatment and dj feasted on the space. 

Edited by Kaii23

On 10/23/2020 at 12:42 PM, Kaii23 said:

I don't think he sees 10.  Claypool got a lot of defensive attention after his 4 td game. With dj coming back Claypool will probably see more open looks. I think he and Claypool will be closer to even. Maybe 8 to 6.

Def not

On 10/23/2020 at 11:02 AM, luckBbrady said:

This is how Hayden Winks referred to him this week: "Average talent. WR1/2 usage before Claypool popped. WR3/4"

The "average talent" surprised me. Suggests his previous success is only a result of the team he plays for?

Hayden Winks, everyone

• Haha 1

Absolute stud when healthy. Didn’t start him but just needs to stay healthy and he’s going to eat.

Just now, Travis Burten said:

Def not

I think Tennessee focused heavily on stopping Claypool and Ben took what they gave them. Things will balance out as the season goes along I'd imagine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, machine3 said:

Am I crazy?? Could swear I saw him running across the field a few plays after he came off with the injury 

Watched a lot of this game.

Obviously thrilled with the production, but a little concerned about some of the mistakes he's making.

Had a catchable ball in the end zone that he couldn't come up with, had another drop later, ran a wrong route on another play.

That said the route running is elite so perhaps we just have to live with these kinds of mistakes until he's more experienced.

12 minutes ago, markdash said:

Watched a lot of this game.

Obviously thrilled with the production, but a little concerned about some of the mistakes he's making.

Had a catchable ball in the end zone that he couldn't come up with, had another drop later, ran a wrong route on another play.

That said the route running is elite so perhaps we just have to live with these kinds of mistakes until he's more experienced.

he’s kind of like the DK metcalf of shifty quick outside WRs.  Raw, and makes mistakes, but so damn talented that he’s 7/11-style open.  Ben can’t help himself but go to the guy over and over even though he’s shown some inconsistency.

Very few players can change direction like he can. He really reminds me of AB. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The 7th Beatles said:

That's just crazy, he's a certified beast.

I'll admit I was a bit worried about Claypool at first, but Diontae basically picked up where he left off.

Undisputed WR #1 for the Steelers in my eyes, that monster target share % is no fluke.

We have a decent enough sample size by now. 

• Like 1

Alright, as someone who knows nothing about him and is trying to quickly educated myself because someone is offering him to me in a trade.  I've seen some youtube videos and like what I see. Obviously some injury concerns. I have seen exactly 0 Steelers games this year.  I see the target share above me which has me drooling.  What are some things that those of you who follow him or watch Steelers games feel like is insider info? 

For instance I see in the box score today Juju got almost the same amount of targets he did.  Yet, everyone is talking about Johnson and rumors of Juju not being there next year.  That isn't me knocking Johnson, just someone who hasn't seen him and trying to figure out why people think he is the "man" vs Juju or Claypool for instance.