Sign in to follow this  
mocha4313

Diontae Johnson 2020 Outlook

23 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

According to The Athletic's Mark Kaboly, Ben Roethlisberger has "made every throw" at Steelers camp, and his elbow is "not a concern."

There were whispers earlier in camp that Big Ben was "short-arming" passes, but that appeared to be either a minor blip on the whole radar or a planned thing. The reports around Roethlisberger's arm have been mostly positive much of the summer since he was cleared for team drills. This offense is a major bounce-back candidate, and it all falls on Big Ben's shoulders to carry it. He's very much the front-runner for Comeback Player of the Year.

I can't wait to see RZ INT's again! lol

• Haha 1

"I got to watch him last year. What an incredible talent. I am looking forward to getting on the game field with him. The sky is the limit for him."

Big Ben on Diontae. FWIW

Edited by ValyrianSteelers

1 hour ago, ValyrianSteelers said:

Big Ben on Diontae. FWIW

That's what I like to hear. When did he say this? Got the source available?

36 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

That's what I like to hear. When did he say this? Got the source available?

Yeah of course! Here's the tweet from Brooke Pryor:

Ben said it in today's press conference at 10:42 min.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

- One of the best receivers at getting separation last year

- The team was run-heavy last year with a bum QB. 

- Now he gets Big Ben back and they'll probably go to a more equal run/pass approach. 

Ok so what negatives am I missing here? Because he looks like the biggest potential breakout among anyone drafted this late

• Like 2

Just now, street sharks said:

- Now he gets Big Ben back and they'll probably go to a more equal run/pass approach. 

Ok so what negatives am I missing here? Because he looks like the biggest potential breakout among anyone drafted this late

None. I'm hoping we get two viable receivers out of the Steelers again. It's all gonna rely on Big Ben staying healthy. 

19 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Yes, the issue was missed practice with a calf injury - costing him time to get in sync with Ben.  Then there were questions about Ben's ability to throw deep following surgery and the emergence of Claypool.  But Diontae has the 'It' factor when you watch and the recent praise from Ben is noted above.  All systems go it seems.

Weather could play a factor as there is a 60% chance of rain in the forecast for the Pit/NYG game.  

6 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Weather could play a factor as there is a 60% chance of rain in the forecast for the Pit/NYG game.  

PIT and NYG play Monday night in East Rutherford, and the forecast looks beautiful: 76 degrees, partly cloudy, 0% chance of rain.

Scattered thunderstorms are forecasted for Sunday.

2 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

PIT and NYG play Monday night in East Rutherford, and the forecast looks beautiful: 76 degrees, partly cloudy, 0% chance of rain.

Scattered thunderstorms are forecasted for Sunday.

Maybe yahoo made a mistake then and thought the game is on Sunday because it shows a 60% chance of rain.

1 minute ago, sjm76 said:

Maybe yahoo made a mistake then and thought the game is on Sunday because it shows a 60% chance of rain.

Haha. Yup. That's what it looks like. Have fun Googling the rest of your roster's forecasts! I'll be over here arguing IR eligibility with ESPN 🙃

Uh oh...

Man this season is going to be a mess for fantasy. So many guys are going to be out any given week. It’ll be a mad scramble. 

If he misses tomorrow’s practice, may need to add James Washington to protect against a Monday night absence.

2 hours ago, jjbooda said:

If he misses tomorrow’s practice, may need to add James Washington to protect against a Monday night absence.

Or just start the WRs you presumably drafted before him. He was drafted as a WR3 type with upside.  There are plenty of those on most rosters.

I get we all have hopes for a breakout season, but there is no way anyone should have been planning on relying on him week in week out.  

Edited by Trifecta

3 hours ago, jjbooda said:

You're gonna add James Washington over Chase Claypool?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, UVA_Drew said:

Uh oh...

Man this season is going to be a mess for fantasy. So many guys are going to be out any given week. It’ll be a mad scramble. 

You must be new to fantasy football 

8 hours ago, Trifecta said:

Or just start the WRs you presumably drafted before him. He was drafted as a WR3 type with upside.  There are plenty of those on most rosters.

I get we all have hopes for a breakout season, but there is no way anyone should have been planning on relying on him week in week out.  

I’m in a two flex league.  I drafted upside late so in week one, yes I am starting him.  As are so many others,  he is a start in every article I read. 

Edited by jjbooda
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

You must be new to fantasy football 

Um...not at all.  

Just saying it’s a widely accepted fact that this season is going to have more guys out than normal.
In addition to the COVID precautions, there was no preseason and minimal training camps. These players aren’t in full game shape yet and haven’t been tackling. There are going to be a ton of injuries this year. 

I think that was made pretty clear by yesterday alone. Some teams lineups already wrecked and we haven’t even played a game. 

17 minutes ago, ValyrianSteelers said:

You love to see it.

Huge, lets go ! James Bradberry should shadow JuJu most of the game. I like Dionatae's chances of burning a long tuddie.

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1