Sign in to follow this  
mocha4313

Diontae Johnson 2020 Outlook

22 minutes ago, Heizz said:

You would value him next to Ekeler (PPR league)?

To me, that would be a clear overpay.

If you're looking today, Week 2, yes - an overpay;  I'd guess Ekeler is ~17-20 & Diontae ~45-50 in current PPR rankings. 

I do think that Diontae will surpass that by a reasonably healthy clip (he's seeing 23 targets in a two week span).  Toss in the Joshua Kelley fun with Ekeler and I think that drops him down a bit as well.

Edited by IlliniGuy76

Here's a video highlight of his first two weeks.  What totally stands out is his athleticism, hands and his aggressiveness with the football;  Waldman loved the later when scouting him.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

Here's a video highlight of his first two weeks.  What totally stands out is his athleticism, hands and his aggressiveness with the football;  Waldman loved the later when scouting him.

Kids got some moves forsure.  Very exciting player

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

These are great, but I wonder what his low-lights look like this year?  Weird I know, but I think he had 8 receptions on 13 targets and he fumbled a punt.  Were the other 5 near misses, bad throws, defend balls?  They went right back to him after the fumble.  This dude looks seriously electric.

5 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

Reminds me of Diggs a little, is that a reasonable comp talent wise?

That's a pretty good comparison. 

3 minutes ago, Cardiak said:

That's a pretty good comparison. 

my reasoning is both came from smaller programs, probably got under-drafted, extremely quick out of breaks and sudden in change of direction, good route runners.  Just feels so much like Diggs breakout. Except here he’s taken on the AB role with a much better QB throwing to him, I like the chances of a WR1 year here.

Edited by cheezor42

2 hours ago, Tob said:
He's like Antonio Brown without the mental health issues

He doesn't have the mental health issues YET. Wait til he gets popped a couple times over the middle from Big Ben passes lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tob said:

Seriously though he does look great so far this year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tob said:

Ben needs to sit him down now and have the talk...”look kid, I’m gonna make you a star, don’t let it go to your head”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheezor42 said:

Ben needs to sit him down now and have the talk...”look kid, I’m gonna make you a star, don’t let it go to your head”

We'll I'm pretty sure he'll respond like Hop did to Hall. "I'm a grown a** man". Not a kid in the slightest. 

shook off a shaky first half in the first game and now one of the hottest wr's behind ridley. sheesh.

Must start actually, I have both Thomas and Adams at WR along with Ridley,Dj Moore, and Johnson

Johnson reminds me of AB with great ability after the catch and his route running, this could be a second coming

i feel like packaging both Adams and Thomas for a RB 1 cause my group of WRS is deep and Johnson actually looks insanely good

Edited by Guccimonster

11 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

Is he for sure a must start for most of you? 23 targets sure is a lot. 

He’s moved into that territory for me.  One more week of this same type of involvement and not only is he a must start he’s a Bona-fide WR1 lock.

12 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

Is he for sure a must start for most of you? 23 targets sure is a lot. 

With the targets he is getting, the role he has in Big Ben's offense and injuries to many players I don't see how Diontae can be in any bench.

3 minutes ago, JuanSuarez said:

With the targets he is getting, the role he has in Big Ben's offense and injuries to many players I don't see how Diontae can be in any bench.

Considering the Golladay and Aj Brown injuries I have, its been a pleasure riding this one out. Wr1 in the making

Just moved Hunt for him. I'm all aboard and his upside is tremendous. Legitimately think he has high WR2 / low WR1 upside with the target volume, how he looks out there and how much Ben loves slinging it. 

Edited by Edgeraid
  • Like 1

he's now my "wr 2" and i feel more confident about him to produce consistently then my other wr's i drafted ahead of him. dj moore, arob, fuller, chark. 

Full practice today. May not be a big deal to some, but for someone like me with Chark out tonight and Julio worse off than they thought, this was huge news lol. 

• Like 1