thebadferret

Marquise Brown 2020 Outlook

Why is Hollywood ranked so low for dynasty purposes? On Sleeper he is pick #75 and on DynastyNerds he is #89.

How is he ranked behind half of the new Rookie WR class?

Did i miss something? Yeah, he had surgery, but as I read, everything should be fine. I also get he is „only“ a deepthreat, but he is on a very potent offense.

I‘m super high on him, so I don’t complain.

• Like 2

That is way too low, I don’t think he is injury prone despite his lack of size. I think he will have a monsteryear, very bullish on his chances. WR1 on one of the highest scoring offenses in the league and fully recovered? Yes, please. I know they don’t pass a ton but still. I would only take take Lamb ahead of him and not even sure I would do that. He has already proven he belongs.

1 hour ago, thebadferret said:

Why is Hollywood ranked so low for dynasty purposes? On Sleeper he is pick #75 and on DynastyNerds he is #89.

How is he ranked behind half of the new Rookie WR class?

Did i miss something? Yeah, he had surgery, but as I read, everything should be fine. I also get he is „only“ a deepthreat, but he is on a very potent offense.

I‘m super high on him, so I don’t complain.

I see 2 problems:

- he's had a longer injury history (in fact this injury has been going on for some time). Are we really sure It won't hinder him again in the future?
- the Ravens offense is mostly LJax. Can any receiver really get over 1000 yard in that offense?

Obviously he's only 21, and I personally hope he'll grow a lot - I also own him in dynasty, so I hope he'll get there.

Posted (edited)

Has anyone with his frame ever been a consistent WR1/2?

He is obviously very talented, but the frame and run tendencies of the offense make him a boom bust WR3 and not much more to me--even in dynasty

Edited by mocha4313
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

He is obviously very talented, but the frame and run tendencies of the offense make him a boom bust WR3 and not much more to me--even in dynasty

Emmanuel Sanders 

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Emmanuel Sanders 

Close but 5'9''-170 lbs is different from 5'11''-180 lbs. Even tiny Tyler Lockett is bigger

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Close but 5'9''-170 lbs is different from 5'11''-180 lbs. Even tiny Tyler Lockett is bigger

Lockett- another good one.    It’s really not enough of a difference physically to write him off IMO.   Lack of diversity in his skill set is what concerns me.   TBD. 

Edited by Impreza178

1 hour ago, mocha4313 said:

I think desean Jackson was 5’10 and 170lbs coming out of college. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stonej14 said:

I think desean Jackson was 5’10 and 170lbs coming out of college. 

That’s kind of his point tho.   DJax is the classic boom/bust.    One trick pony 

You guys did see the Tennessee playoff loss correct?  Hollywood was pulling down clutch grabs all over the lot.  Much more than a one-trick pony imnsho.

6 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

That’s kind of his point tho.   DJax is the classic boom/bust.    One trick pony 

Oh for sure but I’ll take 1000 yards and 7 or 8 tds from a boom or bust guy with the 75th pick in the draft.  
I also don’t believe djax played with any qb as good as Lamar Jackson. 580 yards and 8 TDs in 14 games and being pulled from numerous games cuss of a lingering injury and being on the most run heavy team since the 50s is a Pretty good rookie year. If he stays healthy, takes a small step forward and the ravens are forced to pass a few more times a game I could see a djax boom or bust season from Hollywood but he’s just as likely to repeat last years stats or get hurt. 

1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

Oh for sure but I’ll take 1000 yards and 7 or 8 tds from a boom or bust guy with the 75th pick in the draft.  
I also don’t believe djax played with any qb as good as Lamar Jackson. 580 yards and 8 TDs in 14 games and being pulled from numerous games cuss of a lingering injury and being on the most run heavy team since the 50s is a Pretty good rookie year. If he stays healthy, takes a small step forward and the ravens are forced to pass a few more times a game I could see a djax boom or bust season from Hollywood but he’s just as likely to repeat last years stats or get hurt. 

totally fair, and I agree with you.  

some were hoping for more from the next Antonio Brown.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

Mike Vick? But is your point here to say LJs passing ability is a plus for brown? 

1 minute ago, Panthers8912 said:

Mike Vick? But is your point here to say LJs passing ability is a plus for brown? 

Ya LJ is better than mike Vick.

I’m not delusional tho I kno Lamar isn’t pat mahomes but he hits open wrs and defenses are so worried about the run game wrs get open a lot more . Similar to ryan tannehil at Tennessee. 

17 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

The disrespect to McNabb. He was a choker sure, but definitely a better passer than Vick

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

The disrespect to McNabb. He was a choker sure, but definitely a better passer than Vick

Ah, agreed. 

35 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

absolutely was a better passer than Vick but he still never passed for 4000 yards. I kno he wasn’t riddled with talent but he had TO for a year and DJax with Jeremy maclin and a heck of a run game with a great pass catching back every year. Probably shoulda have done better 

4 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

absolutely was a better passer than Vick but he still never passed for 4000 yards. I kno he wasn’t riddled with talent but he had TO for a year and DJax with Jeremy maclin and a heck of a run game with a great pass catching back every year. Probably shoulda have done better 

Ahhh... Yes that was fun.

8 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

“Probably shoulda done better” is a good summary of McNabb’s career, considering he had Reid, his arm talent, the Super Bowl and all the NFCCG losses, but in the end, if he had one Super Bowl, he would probably be a real hall of fame possibility.

Surprised me that he had never passed for 4000 yards

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

“Probably shoulda done better” is a good summary of McNabb’s career, considering he had Reid, his arm talent, the Super Bowl and all the NFCCG losses, but in the end, if he had one Super Bowl, he would probably be a real hall of fame possibility.

Surprised me that he had never passed for 4000 yards

Right if Andy Reid can turn Alex smith into a 4000 yard guy ya think he could have done it with mcnabb.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

Right if Andy Reid can turn Alex smith into a 4000 yard guy ya think he could have done it with mcnabb.

McNabb would easily be capable of a 4000 yard season if he was in the league today. 

Hollywood Brown is an elite talent that can win at all levels of the field. I expect him to be heavily targeted and have a great season.

Edited by MJJ28

16 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

DeSean Jackson.....consistent as in, you know he is consistently boom or bust

Posted (edited)

Uber talented , and blazing fast speed. Folks got the wrong misconception that he’s just a burner, a one trick pony. Kid can do it on all . His main issue is staying on the field, he dealt with an ankle issue .. I believe last year. Still put  up a respectable 584/7 on his rookie campaign. It really boils down to him staying healthy. His body frame and lack of muscle, worries me a tad bit. In of itself not an issue, but if he turns out to be an injury prone / fragile player ... that spells gloom for his career. Purely conjecture on my part , just have a feeling Brown is one of those cats that gets hurt frequently. 

Edited by RunCMC

16 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

Mcnabb didnt even know the overtime rules, he ran out the clock that one time

Posted (edited)

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1260961579828420609?s=20

The kid added some serioussss mass ! Went from 154 last year to around 170 now. Also removed a surgical screw from his foot , which was giving him alot of issues. It’s been said that because of those 2 problems he would repeatedly shy away from contact and/or go out of bounds. Business is booming for Hollywood Brown in 2020. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 3