Rotoworld.com Forums

Marquise Brown 2020 Outlook

What a stud and a target hog, he's due for a HUGE game coming here soon. I mean just look at these stats from the WR16 on the week:

6 catches on 17 targets, 55 yards, 1 touchdown, 17.5 fantasy points

Oh wait I read my notes wrong.  Those are his stats over his last 4 games.  What a stooge this season (big part due to Lamar).

• Haha 2
  • Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is pissed and Lamar acknowledged it today - huge game incoming.     3 receptions for 32 yards - book it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqokPo2TggI   The new Mr. Big Chest.  I'm buying everywhere probably earlier than most would.  Love everything about him this year a lot of which is already m

Only because Cleveland couldn’t keep up. If the game was kept close at all Brown would have had 200. Must start WR1 versus Houston.

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, mjb said:

I've seen a lot of jokes on twitter about this guy.  Is he not getting open, or is Jackson just missing him?

Earlier in the season, Lamar was missing him for big plays, now it seems it's in his head and the whole team is out of sync, that early drop yesterday was as ugly as it gets, really set the tone for the rest of the game.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, mjb said:

I've seen a lot of jokes on twitter about this guy.  Is he not getting open, or is Jackson just missing him?

Both. 

It seems like Brown is always getting bodied by a DB. 

He has Antonio's speed but not his physicality. Next year will be his breakout campaign. 

People on here acting like Marquise being a sub mediocre route runner in the short and intermediate is Lamar’s fault because they don’t connect on every throw 60 yards down field lol. 

Give me a break. That TD against Pitt is the only play he’s made after the catch all season. Dude most of the time catches the ball and falls down. 

How are we feeling about Brown today vs. Dallas?  [...]  Mark Andrews is out because of covid though so you figure that Brown has to get a decent number of looks by default, right?  Of course they still have Duvernay, Snead and others but you would think that Brown would be the main passing target.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
36 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

He had 2 good games in a row.  Is that just a product of Snead and Andrews being out?

Probably.  Snead's return, especially, is rain on Hollywood's parade.  Lamar love throwing to Snead.

• Like 1

Rotoblurb:

Jackson missed two drives in the locker room with fourth-quarter cramps, only to return for a 4th-and-5 with 1:51 to play after Trace McSorley injured his knee on a third-down sack. Jackson hit a streaking Brown for a 440yard touchdown to put the Ravens up 42-35 following a two-point conversion.

A 440 yard TD was exactly what I needed....darn tease!! :(

• Haha 2
37 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

Long TD notwithstanding - this guy is a horrible WR.

Looking like a 7th + rounder next year.. I know many were expecting big things from him this year. Rough season for him and ravens offense.

2 minutes ago, Al.Davis said:

Rotoblurb:

Jackson missed two drives in the locker room with fourth-quarter cramps, only to return for a 4th-and-5 with 1:51 to play after Trace McSorley injured his knee on a third-down sack. Jackson hit a streaking Brown for a 440yard touchdown to put the Ravens up 42-35 following a two-point conversion.

A 440 yard TD was exactly what I needed....darn tease!! :(

A tease and a streaker, apparently. Well, that's Hollywood for you.

Gets the jags defense next, pretty much anyone with volume this year has produced against them. Been looking for a replacement for fuller, as long as he's not dropping the ball and Minshew keeps the game somewhat close I think he should be able to put up WR2 stats

23 hours ago, Gfycat said:

Gets the jags defense next, pretty much anyone with volume this year has produced against them. Been looking for a replacement for fuller, as long as he's not dropping the ball and Minshew keeps the game somewhat close I think he should be able to put up WR2 stats

Proceed with caution. His drops were really bad and the receiving volume in this run first ravens offense is so low

On 11/30/2020 at 12:28 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

The main issue for Hollywood has been Lamar Jackson's terrible passing.

It's a combination of Lamar's inaccuracy and Brown's weak body/hands.

Brown had three step on his defender and Lamar under threw him. Would've been a 70+ yard TD.

Brown also had some balls that were a bit off but within reach that a bigger, stronger handed WR would've snagged easily.