thebadferret

Marquise Brown 2020 Outlook

On 6/16/2020 at 9:13 PM, RunCMC said:

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1260961579828420609?s=20

The kid added some serioussss mass ! Went from 154 last year to around 170 now. Also removed a surgical screw from his foot , which was giving him alot of issues. It’s been said that because of those 2 problems he would repeatedly shy away from contact and/or go out of bounds. Business is booming for Hollywood Brown in 2020. 

I’m not a trainer or a doctor but I’d assume that gaining that much mass on his little frame would make him lose just a little speed. Good thing this kid was one of the fastest players in the league and can afford to lose just a touch of speed and still be one of the fastest players in the league. I’m all in on Hollywood this year. 

6 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

I’m not a trainer or a doctor but I’d assume that gaining that much mass on his little frame would make him lose just a little speed. Good thing this kid was one of the fastest players in the league and can afford to lose just a touch of speed and still be one of the fastest players in the league. I’m all in on Hollywood this year. 

That's just good common sense right there mate .  Yes he will lose a smidgen , maybe in his burst/acceleration or even top end speed . But for a kid like him the positives gravely outweigh the small negative , he's just blazingly fast. 

In response to brown adding mass, working hard during the lockdown, in would not hesitate to draft him a round earlier than his adp, these are the articles i like to read

One thing that sticks to me, he also gets the luxury to work with antonio.

its not like antonio is too cool for school nowadays, he needs any workout to look relevant, what better way than to work out with your cuz and lamar?  He may be a nut case, but marquise has a chance to learn from him

• Like 2

I’m on the Hollywood hype train. There’s just too many things not to like. Clear alpha or at least share with Mark Andrews. Produced really well in limited time last year. Offense is clearly going to be really good. They may not throw a lot but the running dominance will open up big plays and efficiency. Break out is happening if he stays healthy. 

He is rising a little bit too fast atm. I was hoping getting him with pick 64 in our startup dynasty draft in 2 weeks

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, aapox said:

I’m on the Hollywood hype train. There’s just too many things not to like. Clear alpha or at least share with Mark Andrews. Produced really well in limited time last year. Offense is clearly going to be really good. They may not throw a lot but the running dominance will open up big plays and efficiency. Break out is happening if he stays healthy. 

🤔

good points but this is a running team that will take shots.    I don’t know that the targets and balanced role to produce weekly will ever materialize for Hollywood.   You’re hoping for that deep shot while Andrews soaks up the middle and RZ.   

Edited by Impreza178

I kinda like him this year, yeah he won't ever be a volume-based WR1 type, but he can still be awfully useful. Let's not pretend that Lamar is a finished product--esp as a passer. I think he can continue to improve and possibly run less by design, and Brown is very green and should only improve too. I've been able to nab him in the middle of the 8th Rd and 9th Rd in some of the best balls I've completed, I think that has some great profit potential--esp considering that format.

I’ll take him if he is there in 7th rd because of the talent, upside and clear no.1 wr alongside TE Andrews. That said this is a ground and pound team with Lamar, Ingram, Edwards and Dobbins. How many targets is he realistically going to receive? Definitely will be a boom bust type as well - some weeks could be like 1 reception for 10 yards and the next will be 5 receptions for 130 yards and a TD. Overall should see a nice uptick in production but his ceiling is definitely capped by the system he plays in.

8 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

🤔

good points but this is a running team that will take shots.    I don’t know that the targets and balanced role to produce weekly will ever materialize for Hollywood.   You’re hoping for that deep shot while Andrews soaks up the middle and RZ.   

there’s going to be some famine weeks, no doubt, but he’s shown what he can do when healthy and there’s not much competition for targets. I think we’re going to see him used as more than just a deep threat this year. People see Brown as more of a desean jackson type player. That used to be me. Now I’m seeing him more of a tyreek hill type player. Which, i get it, is quite the leap of faith, but he really looks like he can by a dynamic player and he has one of the best route-runners of all time to mentor him. 

10 minutes ago, aapox said:

there’s going to be some famine weeks, no doubt, but he’s shown what he can do when healthy and there’s not much competition for targets. I think we’re going to see him used as more than just a deep threat this year. People see Brown as more of a desean jackson type player. That used to be me. Now I’m seeing him more of a tyreek hill type player. Which, i get it, is quite the leap of faith, but he really looks like he can by a dynamic player and he has one of the best route-runners of all time to mentor him. 

“Best route runners of all time...”

oh you mean Antonio 🤡 ?

not sure that’s a net positive 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

LOL, nice emoji use. Off-field nonsense and mental health issues aside, AB is an all-time great receiver on the field. There's no question. 

Edited by aapox
  • Like 1

Up to 180 pounds now.  Wow.

How in the world did he play at 155? That’s gotta be the lightest anyone have ever played at, no? Insane 

58 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

How in the world did he play at 155? That’s gotta be the lightest anyone have ever played at, no? Insane 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BankBr00.htm

He hardly played as WR so it's cheating a bit, but this guy was listed at 150 Lbs (btw Brown is listed at 165 here); had 2 1000 yd returning seasons though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bandito said:

Up to 180 pounds now.  Wow.

Yeah, I saw that. Here's the RW blurb:

Marquise Brown gained 23 pounds this offseason and is up to 180 after playing at 157 as a rookie.

Brown weighed in at 166 in the pre-draft process and reported to Oklahoma at 144 as a freshman, so he's put on some serious weight. Teammate WR Willie Snead said Brown looks to be in phenomenal shape. We're typically not fans of skill players adding a bunch of weight, but Brown thinks he can still keep his speed with the added poundage. Brown said he had the Ravens send him a GPS tracker to make sure he wasn't losing any of his speed, which is Hollywood's best asset. Brown is a very popular year-two lift-off candidate. He's currently coming off the board as the WR30 in half-PPR drafts in the sixth round.

Aug 5, 2020, 12:02 PM ET

You're probably going to have to reach to get this dude unfortunately and are you willing to do so over guys like AJ Green, Michael Gallup, Julian Edelman, Tyler Boyd

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

Yeah, I saw that. Here's the RW blurb:

Marquise Brown gained 23 pounds this offseason and is up to 180 after playing at 157 as a rookie.

Brown weighed in at 166 in the pre-draft process and reported to Oklahoma at 144 as a freshman, so he's put on some serious weight. Teammate WR Willie Snead said Brown looks to be in phenomenal shape. We're typically not fans of skill players adding a bunch of weight, but Brown thinks he can still keep his speed with the added poundage. Brown said he had the Ravens send him a GPS tracker to make sure he wasn't losing any of his speed, which is Hollywood's best asset. Brown is a very popular year-two lift-off candidate. He's currently coming off the board as the WR30 in half-PPR drafts in the sixth round.

Aug 5, 2020, 12:02 PM ET

...rut roh, it won't be long now - hmmm 

🤔

18s0ot6ogrezajpg.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, beotos said:

You're probably going to have to reach to get this dude unfortunately and are you willing to do so over guys like AJ Green, Michael Gallup, Julian Edelman, Tyler Boyd

If you're long the Ravens passing game (I am - natural regression to the mean), then this guy is a must-draft. It's inevitable for the Ravens rushing attack to regress downwards after insane efficiency, and for the defense to keep up its ways with an ascending division (big ben back, hopefully Baker and browns improve, Bengals on the rise.) 

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

...rut roh, it won't be long now - hmmm 

🤔

18s0ot6ogrezajpg.jpg

Next year:

incredible_hulks_001.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)

I’m a big fan of Hollywood this year. If you can get a workhorse RB and a reliable WR. He is the perfect boom or bust wr2 or 3 to have on your teams.

He’s not just a burner, he runs a lot of routes well. Lamar loves him, and the Ravens didn’t address WR at all, so he is their guy. 

Edited by Breesus
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 7:16 AM, beotos said:

yes.

I’m high in this guy for no specific reason what so ever this year. Just a gut feeling. 

Posted (edited)

He’s the #1 WR option on a top 5 offense. Lamar loves him, if he stays healthy he will produce big numbers. When the situation is perfect and health is the only issue, I tend to take that gamble. 

Edited by Breesus
  • Like 1