thebadferret

Marquise Brown 2020 Outlook

Not quite the ceiling game everyone wanted, but still had a decent showing. 

Edited by Ryansm11

10 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Not quite the ceiling game everyone wanted, but still had a decent showing. 

I think Roby is better than people give him credit for. He shut down Hill in week 1 as well. I think we might get that ceiling game from Hollywood next week against KC. Let's just hope Lamar airs it out to him instead of them getting all their scores on the ground/through Andrews.

• Like 2

Thoughts on the matchup on MNF against KC?

Probably have no choice but to start him, unless Michael Thomas heals super quickly.

Any words of encouragement for why he could do well this game?

57 minutes ago, rasrar said:

Probably have no choice but to start him, unless Michael Thomas heals super quickly.

As a Ravens fan, I think "we" try to run the ball down their throats.  The way to beat KC is to keep Mahomes off the field, not try to win a shootout.  Long, clock eating drives are how the Ravens impose their will and that's what I think happens Monday night in a game that is lower scoring than expected.  For reference, I'm playing Edelman and Deontae Johnson over Hollywood this week.

Gotta play him in a 52.5 over/under game with Chiefs hurting at corner.

3 hours ago, Rather B. Winning said:

As a Ravens fan, I think "we" try to run the ball down their throats.  The way to beat KC is to keep Mahomes off the field, not try to win a shootout.  Long, clock eating drives are how the Ravens impose their will and that's what I think happens Monday night in a game that is lower scoring than expected.  For reference, I'm playing Edelman and Deontae Johnson over Hollywood this week.

Yeah you look at this on paper and it looks like a big shootout is coming but running the ball is probably the key to winning for Baltimore. 

The only reason Hollywood does not have about 300 yards receiving is that Baltimore blew their first two opponents out.

The Chiefs are not helpless.  He'll be catching passes for all four quarters and maybe overtime.

5 hours ago, rasrar said:

Have to start him in what should be a high scoring game where the offense has to go full tilt for four quarters. Brown can get deep any time.

That said, the way to beat KC is to pound the run and throw in the middle of the field. On the edges, KC is not bad at all vs. WRs. I could see Andrews having a big game. 

Hoping Brown gets loose, but I'm tempering expectations and thinking it's another one of those "middling" games where he's 5-68-0.

• Like 1

Yeah, I just have no choice but to start him.

My WRs are Michael Thomas, Allen Robinson, Hollywood, Will Fuller, Marvin Jones. So if Thomas doesn't play, he's my next best option.

I'm an Andrews owner as well in that league, so hopefully one has at least a decent game and the other has a really good game. 

Chiefs have given up a lot of yards to Will Fuller and Keen Allen at least, so hoping for the same here.

LJ can support a tight end. LJ can make a tight end elite. Wide receivers? Nah

• Like 3

His QB is pathetic at actually being a QB. Perfect game script and armless Michael Vick can't get him the ball. 

Wide open on 2 bomb tds and lamar missed him. First one was a long throw and close. Second one he was wide open and lamar under threw him by like 10 yards or else he just walks in. Wasnt even a long throw either. Instead of putting air under it and leading him, lamar throws it to his chest like hes throwing a slant.  

lamar looked atrocious tonight. 

• Like 3

The entire offense was bad - can’t fault Brown here although he did drop two catchable balls in the 1st half.

Eric Fisher, the lineman, had more fantasy points than Ingram, Dobbins, Andrews and Brown lol.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

Wide open on 2 bomb tds and lamar missed him. First one was a long throw and close. Second one he was wide open and lamar under threw him by like 10 yards or else he just walks in. Wasnt even a long throw either. Instead of putting air under it and leading him, lamar throws it to his chest like hes throwing a slant.  

lamar looked atrocious tonight. 

I'm not quite sure if I ever saw a QB try to throw a bullet pass towards the inside part of the hash marks that far down the field when his receiver beat his man by two steps and was coasting on the outside. I mean, he has to put air under that and get that to the outside. That pass did it for me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fantasyscholar said:

Definetly a buy low option right now. The ravens are too well coached to play this poorly again. Hollywood will have better days ahead.

I’m not going to disagree with his possibility of being a buy low, but as an owner that has him on my team I’m not gonna lie that I’m going to look to package him in a 2 for 1 for a more consistent player 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, csv2209 said:

I’m not going to disagree with his possibility of being a buy low, but as an owner that has him on my team I’m not gonna lie that I’m going to look to package him in a 2 for 1 for a more consistent player 

A sensible decision. Maybe go for Edleman.

Ok, lets try this again. I rage dropped this fool. This was a perfect game script and his qb can't even throw for over 100 yards. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Great buy low candidate, people are sleeping on the KC D, they're good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, humanpuck said:

Justin Herbert and the LAC think so too! :P

Edited by csv2209

Just now, csv2209 said:

Justin Herbert and the LAC think so too! :P

When you have a defense that preps for Tyrod and gets Herbert at the last second its going to be tough.  They are 2 completely different types of QB's.  If you think that didn't play into Herbert's solid play you're nuts.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, humanpuck said:

Not at all. When are you ever going to be comfortable starting him? You basically have Kordell Stewart 2.0 throwing him the ball.

The problem isn't Jackson, the problem is volume. Obviously, this is a run-first team but it's not just that. Andrews gets tons of targets. The backs get tons of targets. The other TEs get targets. Hell, Snead still gets targets. 

Marquise Brown is looking like a 3-5 targets per game type player. 

That's going to lead to a lot of 3 for 45 games and the occasional 4 for 100 with a 55 yard TD. 

Relying on that as anything but a desperation dart throw is a problem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2