thebadferret

Marquise Brown 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I heard Lamar just missed him on two more deep bombs v. WFT.  I am going to stick with him a bit longer.

Ravens fan here and you'd be correct. Hollywood is consistently cooking his defender, Lamar's touch is just off on his deep ball compared to even last year.

Hollywood is a bit risky because the Ravens aren't a pass first team, but I'd absolutely be buying low in leagues where owners are concerned.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Ravens fan here and you'd be correct. Hollywood is consistently cooking his defender, Lamar's touch is just off on his deep ball compared to even last year.

Hollywood is a bit risky because the Ravens aren't a pass first team, but I'd absolutely be buying low in leagues where owners are concerned.

He also landed on the 1 after a catch and run inside the 10. Looked like he could have been in too. 

• Like 1

I hate having a guy on my roster who can drop a zero any given week, especially when we still haven't seen a single boom week. And you know when you finally bench him he's gonna blowup. I'll be agressively looking to trade him as long as he remains on my roster.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

That's pretty bad. At this rate, does Lamar get an extension as nice as Deshaun? I'm contemplating dropping Hollywood [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content

53 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

Lamar stinks. Killing our boy

That's awful.  Could be having a monster season.  

Lamar is what he is.  A faster Kaepernick.  Good coaches and good defenses are going to take away his two tricks (throwing to TE and running) and he won't have an answer.  Bad coaches with bad defenses are going to get steamrolled for a 40burger.  

And I am hoping Lamar will hit Hollywood for a bomb or two while he is at it.  Cincy is up next.

5 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

That's awful.  Could be having a monster season.  

I would be undefeated in fantasy if Lamar had thrown those passes accurately.  But if wishes and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

• Haha 4

Seems like a decent amount of doom and gloom around these parts. The numbers tell a more positive outlook though. 

He is being utilized as a WR1, he is running a route on almost 90% of Lamar’s total drop backs, has a 26% target share (top 5 in the NFL), and 43% of his teams air yards (4th in the NFL). 

Compare these to his rookie year? 80% route/drop back, 19% target share, 23% of air yards.

Brown is getting the usage as a WR1, which is exactly what you can ask for... and when you give his game breaking talent that volume, it will pay off. We haven’t seen that usage turn into the week winning upside we saw last year, but it’s only a matter of time. I mean last week he was tackled inside the one, where would we see Brown as a fantasy asset if he was able to reach out the ball less than a foot further than he did?

The usage tells a different story than his current production, and oh yeah per Mike Clay, Baltimore has the #1 weakest schedule for WRs in terms of fantasy rest of season

Align the weakest schedule for WRs in terms of fantasy rest of season, the usage brown is getting, and Brown’s talent... Marquise Brown is about to go nuclear, you best not miss out. 

• Like 5

I think we’re in business.  Lamar’s crying about not calling enough passing plays and chucked it 37 times lol.  

My faith in Hollywood never waiver.  Love the usage.  Eventually Lamar has to hit him on a few of those deep ones

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JEREMY LIN said:

do you guys see a huge bounce back 2nd half of season? schedule looks promising.

He good but Lamar’s regressed. He puts no air on his deep balls. It’s weird because last year I thought he threw a good deep ball. 

I don't even know anymore.  Good % of targets, consistently beating his man and getting separation and top 10 in air yards.

Hoping for the best but seems like the definition of boom or bust.  I am going to keep rolling him out as my flex and if we're lucky, the deep bombs will start hitting.

• Like 1

Hollywood is going be like Drake--just gotta stay patient and he will pop eventually.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, JEREMY LIN said:

do you guys see a huge bounce back 2nd half of season? schedule looks promising.

Improvement?  Probably. Huge bounce back?  Doubt it. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Improvement?  Probably. Huge bounce back?  Doubt it. 

Same, Ravens run game is hurting without Yanda.  Opposition has been able to divert more attention to Hollywood and Andrews.  Plus Lamar has not looked very good throwing the ball lately.  Equals a perfect storm of not good.  

Hopefully some of the scheme issues and Lamar can get right on the bye.

His schedule is about to open up very nicely and it closes very nicely as well. Any shot we see a top 15 version of this guy from here on out? Or just not enough volume mixed with lamar being inaccurate? 

1 minute ago, Mrmann1 said:

His schedule is about to open up very nicely and it closes very nicely as well. Any shot we see a top 15 version of this guy from here on out? Or just not enough volume mixed with lamar being inaccurate? 

The schedule is sort of irrelevant for him.  What look like easy pass defenses might not mean anything b/c is steamrolling and doesnt need to throw. 

I was super high on hollywood going into the year. But im tilting. He gets open at will but bal doesnt throw much and lamar misses him a bunch on his already limited targets.  Doubt hes a consistent top 15 guy.  High ceiling low floor wr3 unfortunately. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was hoping and expecting more 60 yard TD bombs.

Lamar Jackson is a do-it-all kind of quarterback.  But, it seems this year, that means scoring all of the touchdowns himself by running.

Anyone here considering dropping him in a 10 man league? I'm just not very high on him anymore with how inconsistent Lamar is being.

Edited by jagsfan05

On 10/26/2020 at 7:15 PM, jagsfan05 said:

Anyone here considering dropping him in a 10 man league? I'm just not very high on him anymore with how inconsistent Lamar is being.

been thinking about that myself. feels a little like Mike Williams 2019 where you keep waiting for him to do something and it doesnt really happen. if you drop him you're going to miss one or two great games, but there might be 4 or 5 that he ends up being a weekly wr5 or lower... so he sits there taking up a bench spot

41 minutes ago, Cardiak said:

Anyone throwing him into their lineups this week? Should be a shootout.

2 games last year against the Steelers:

* 2-15-0

* 5-22-1

Don't love the looks of him in my lineup, but it's easier to throw on PIT vs. run. They may need him this week.

Don't have much in the way of alternatives so I'm probably starting him.