thebadferret

Marquise Brown 2020 Outlook

On 10/26/2020 at 9:15 PM, jagsfan05 said:

Anyone here considering dropping him in a 10 man league? I'm just not very high on him anymore with how inconsistent Lamar is being.

I’m trying to trade him in a ten team league and I can’t even give him away, doesn’t have much value so he could be droppable depending on what’s on the wire.

On 10/26/2020 at 5:15 PM, jagsfan05 said:

Anyone here considering dropping him in a 10 man league? I'm just not very high on him anymore with how inconsistent Lamar is being.

I feel like there is no point in owning him in my 10 man league. I never started him once and he has little trade value. I'm thinking it's time to cut bait for some RB depth.

• Like 2

I'd hold for now just to see if they made some adjustments on O coming out of the bye.  He's got a great playoff schedule so if they can right the ship on offense, he could have value.

Pittsburgh stuffs the run and scores points in bunches.  But their secondary is only okay.  

No Ingram this week.  Baltimore is going to have to throw.

This is the week to get Hollywood into your lineup, not drop him.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Pittsburgh stuffs the run and scores points in bunches.  But their secondary is only okay.  

Not necessarily. Lamar Jackson is only completing 37% of his passes of at least 15 yards downfield, the fifth worst in the NFL. It might just not be the year....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And when they do throw, it's to Mark Andrews. If Lamar doesn't get Hollywood the ball this week, I'm dropping. 

10 minutes ago, Cardiak said:

And when they do throw, it's to Mark Andrews. If Lamar doesn't get Hollywood the ball this week, I'm dropping. 

Brown has a pretty decent target share in this offense and keeps racking up those "air yards." Does us no good if he's not actually doing anything with those targets and air yards.

Would have to think this is a matchup where he could get deep. BALT will not be able to run all day and PIT is pretty good against the TE. 

They've had the bye week to get this together. Hoping he pops this week.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Cardiak said:

I wouldn't jump the gun. His playoff schedule is amazing. And while the Ravens may have some tough games ahead, they play DAL, CLE, JAX, NYG weeks 13-16.

1 minute ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

I wouldn't jump the gun. His playoff schedule is amazing. And while the Ravens may have some tough games ahead, they play DAL, CLE, JAX, NYG weeks 13-16.

I know his schedule is nice but it means nothing if Lamar just refuses to hit him when he's open. Hollywood hasn't been struggling to get open. Lamar just doesn't target him like he should. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cardiak said:

I know his schedule is nice but it means nothing if Lamar just refuses to hit him when he's open. Hollywood hasn't been struggling to get open. Lamar just doesn't target him like he should. 

This is true. Lamar hasn't looked himself. But hopefully they fixed some things over the bye.... However we might not see those improvements right away, against one of the best defenses in the league.

You just never want to give up on talented players on playoff-bound teams. Marquise is a WR3/flex at this point, but he's bound to catch a few deep balls eventually. It's more 'when' than 'if'.

Edited by PhilaFanBoy
  • Thanks 1

Pathetic usage today. Seems he is getting frustrated with it as well based on his tweet. 

Ravens should just trade him to a team that will actually utilize his talent. Maybe they can just run an option offense since they want to run 40+ times a game. 

• Thanks 2

dud. He needs a better QB. Not happening for him this season

Edited by Guwop
  • Thanks 2

Shame, the talent is there, but Lamar is pro bowl accuracy competition bad throwing the ball so far this year.

• Thanks 2

He tweeted out his frustrations saying "whats the point of having soldiers when you dont use em". Ill give him 2 more weeks just to see if anything changes. 

• Like 2

On 10/31/2020 at 12:18 PM, PhilaFanBoy said:

GL trusting anyone on this offense during the fantasy playoffs. With Staley out for the year there will be less time for Lamar to attempt deep throws, which wont be on target anyways.

• Thanks 1

Calling all Ravens Fan/Homers alike...WTF is going on! Did he get any deep targets? Looks like Roman worked on getting Willie Snead more involved & fading Andrews along with Brown!

1 minute ago, Funkenstein said:

Two words

Air Yards

Not sure "AIR YARDS" count  for fantasy points 🙃

Talk me off the ledge please..

4 minutes ago, mjb said:

Not sure "AIR YARDS" count  for fantasy points 🙃

Talk me off the ledge please..

I will do no such thing. I'm.drkoling tomorrow morning first thing..

He is pissed and Lamar acknowledged it today - huge game incoming.

3 receptions for 32 yards - book it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!