Boudewijn

Kenny Golladay 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, atrium said:

You blame yourself for not having a magic 8 ball and being able to predict injuries before they happen...... ok champ.

 

I think we all recognize that blaming the player is stupid and irrational also, but that's all it is, irrational venting on a random message board. Better than messaging the actual players on social media and bitching at them like some fantasy owners do 😆

 

Definitely true, although being better than that isn't exactly an achievement 😉. I think it's all right to criticize somebody for venting directly at a player on here if they get injured. Vent at Fate, or God, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster - sure, but not the player. It just comes across as...well...childish. I'm sure I'm a bit hypocritcal though, I bet I vent at players on our league messageboards. Just never for injuries.

I get annoyed at myself too sometimes and agree with you that it's not healthy either 😃.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

 

Definitely true, although being better than that isn't exactly an achievement 😉. I think it's all right to criticize somebody for venting directly at a player on here if they get injured. Vent at Fate, or God, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster - sure, but not the player. It just comes across as...well...childish. I'm sure I'm a bit hypocritcal though, I bet I vent at players on our league messageboards. Just never for injuries.

I get annoyed at myself too sometimes and agree with you that it's not healthy either 😃.

Tbf, the extent of my 'venting' at a player would be something like saying to myself "Goddamnit Kenny." Maybe that's childish, but to me it's a harmless way of releasing some frustration.

 

And yeah, I get frustrated at myself for decisions too, even when I would have no way of knowing what the outcome would be. In the end, I would say that blame of any type in this situation (towards yourself, towards the player) is irrational, but fantasy football does nothing if not bring out the irrational side in us.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, atrium said:

Tbf, the extent of my 'venting' at a player would be something like saying to myself "Goddamnit Kenny." Maybe that's childish, but to me it's a harmless way of releasing some frustration.

 

And yeah, I get frustrated at myself for decisions too, even when I would have no way of knowing what the outcome would be. In the end, I would say that blame of any type in this situation (towards yourself, towards the player) is irrational, but fantasy football does nothing if not bring out the irrational side in us.

 

Oh yeah I agree. Venting in person is totally natural. It's just not a good look when somebody takes the time to type out that stuff on here, at least when it's abusing a player for getting injured 🙂.

Been thinking about it a bit this morning though, with everybody's mental health being a major topic right now (COVID, elections etc). I get so into FF but I'm older now, and sometimes it feels like I have to take a step back for my own sanity 🤪. We go way over the top in one of my league chat boards because that's fun, but there are definitely other times when I have to rein in. Like Conner this week. I'm just going to roll him out there and what happens, happens. Trying not to let it bug me as much as it usually does.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

 

Oh yeah I agree. Venting in person is totally natural. It's just not a good look when somebody takes the time to type out that stuff on here, at least when it's abusing a player for getting injured 🙂.

Been thinking about it a bit this morning though, with everybody's mental health being a major topic right now (COVID, elections etc). I get so into FF but I'm older now, and sometimes it feels like I have to take a step back for my own sanity 🤪. We go way over the top in one of my league chat boards because that's fun, but there are definitely other times when I have to rein in. Like Conner this week. I'm just going to roll him out there and what happens, happens. Trying not to let it bug me as much as it usually does.

In a year that's been as wild and crazy as this one has, I'm actually feeling less invested in the outcome of my team (in a good way). Normally I'd be pissed if my team started 0-2 or 0-3, but this year it just feels nice to have the distraction, even if my team sucks. 😁

 

I guess this year's a good reminder that some things are way bigger than football, but football will always be a nice break from those things.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

Vent at Fate, or God, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster - sure, but not the player. It just comes across as...well...childish.

 

i disagree. i scream continually at my TV, and if i scream loud enough i am confident the players can hear me. it worked last year for kenny golladay, and i imagine his 1190 yards and 11 TDs were a direct result of me urging him on. some players need encouragement, and some need to be pushed.

15 minutes ago, atrium said:

but fantasy football does nothing if not bring out the irrational side in us.

 

logical statements have no place within rotoworld threads

xTZLCOa.gif

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

 

Oh yeah I agree. Venting in person is totally natural. It's just not a good look when somebody takes the time to type out that stuff on here, at least when it's abusing a player for getting injured 🙂.

Been thinking about it a bit this morning though, with everybody's mental health being a major topic right now (COVID, elections etc). I get so into FF but I'm older now, and sometimes it feels like I have to take a step back for my own sanity 🤪. We go way over the top in one of my league chat boards because that's fun, but there are definitely other times when I have to rein in. Like Conner this week. I'm just going to roll him out there and what happens, happens. Trying not to let it bug me as much as it usually does.

 

i agree --- there is no excuse when a person badmouths a player for injury, and clearly the disrespect and lack of empathy some fantasy owners display when it comes to professional athletes getting injured is the ugliest element of fantasy sports. no joke. sickening, really

that said, i disagree with your use of the term "mental health," as here on rotoworld it is an oxymoron. take any thread and you'll find a wealth of mental unhealth.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't lie y'all get excited when the teams RB1 goes down with a multi-week injury and you already own the cuff. You guys can be PC on here but I know you're doing cartwheels when it happens.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Don't lie y'all get excited when the teams RB1 goes down with a multi-week injury and you already own the cuff. You guys can be PC on here but I know you're doing cartwheels when it happens.

 

Oh yeah, I love it. I'm just specifically talking about when people post on here that somebody is a "loser" or whatever because they got injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Don't lie y'all get excited when the teams RB1 goes down with a multi-week injury and you already own the cuff. You guys can be PC on here but I know you're doing cartwheels when it happens.

I thought about that too. Whether we want to admit it or not, fantasy football does bring out a depersonalizing of the athletes in us to some degree

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, atrium said:

I thought about that too. Whether we want to admit it or not, fantasy football does bring out a depersonalizing of the athletes in us to some degree

 

It's what the game is tbh. Football itself does too. I'm a Browns fan, we've got "The Football Team" next week, and I'll be perfectly happy if Maclaurin gets injured this week. Even more so as I don't have him in FF this year. I just won't celebrate it on here, or post that Golladay's a dickweed if he misses another week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, atrium said:

I thought about that too. Whether we want to admit it or not, fantasy football does bring out a depersonalizing of the athletes in us to some degree

 

... and the great majority of those same players depersonalize you, as well - they have zero effs to give about "fanboy nerdz"

screw 'em ... i gamble on the games, and i gamble on the players (props, magick foosball) - there is a market for it, so i take advantage. 

i don't wish any of them ill will, but i could give one shaved rat's nutsack about "depersonalizing" a millionaire plying his wares in his chosen profession. 

i'll sleep just fine tonight 🙋‍♂️

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would anyone take Godwin for him given the unpredictability of the his injury?  Week 6 return??  Etc? I know AC but I need some legit feedback. 
 

 

 

Edited by Cleanface

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

Would anyone take Godwin for him given the unpredictability of the his injury?  Week 6 return??  Etc? I know AC but I need some legit feedback. 
 

 

 

Keep Babytron. Godwins value\production takes a hit without Winston.

Edited by SyNdicateZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, I was just offered a trade for Golloday:

I get: Golloday, James White, Russell Gage

He gets: David Johnson, TY Hilton

DJ is my RB3 and he's on my bench this week for Hines.

I can start John Brown over Hilton this week (which might be an upgrade tbh)

Golloday's BYE is Week 5. Anybody think he doesn't return until Week 6?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Don't lie y'all get excited when the teams RB1 goes down with a multi-week injury and you already own the cuff. You guys can be PC on here but I know you're doing cartwheels when it happens.

i'd like to think most of us are smart enough to hold two thoughts in our head at the same time, one being "oh **** that's a real person down there writhing on the field and in great pain and i empathize with them and hope their recovery is short" with the other being "good thing I picked up the rb2 for this team earlier this week I wonder what this means for his value?". It doesn't have to be this simplified take like "they're just commodities, they didn't send my mom a christmas card, i don't know them, they don't know me and they make more money than me so IDGAF haha" or "how DARE you consider the ramifications of this injury to fantasy football! That's a HUMAN BEING down there!". 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Guys, I was just offered a trade for Golloday:

I get: Golloday, James White, Russell Gage

He gets: David Johnson, TY Hilton

DJ is my RB3 and he's on my bench this week for Hines.

I can start John Brown over Hilton this week (which might be an upgrade tbh)

Golloday's BYE is Week 5. Anybody think he doesn't return until Week 6?

Before this post gets deleted for assistant coaching, there is no way I’m taking that trade imo.

He’s obviously panicking about Golly, so send him a counter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Guys, I was just offered a trade for Golloday:

I get: Golloday, James White, Russell Gage

He gets: David Johnson, TY Hilton

DJ is my RB3 and he's on my bench this week for Hines.

I can start John Brown over Hilton this week (which might be an upgrade tbh)

Golloday's BYE is Week 5. Anybody think he doesn't return until Week 6?

 

Awful trade. Damn near disrespectful lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, yossarian said:

i'd like to think most of us are smart enough to hold two thoughts in our head at the same time, one being "oh **** that's a real person down there writhing on the field and in great pain and i empathize with them and hope their recovery is short" with the other being "good thing I picked up the rb2 for this team earlier this week I wonder what this means for his value?". It doesn't have to be this simplified take like "they're just commodities, they didn't send my mom a christmas card, i don't know them, they don't know me and they make more money than me so IDGAF haha" or "how DARE you consider the ramifications of this injury to fantasy football! That's a HUMAN BEING down there!". 

It’s called dialectics (holding two competing thoughts).  I’m a clinical therapist, so I know.

And unfortunately, I regret to inform you that many people struggle with it.  Especially with things or people in which they have an emotional tie (e.g. Fantasy Football).

 

Edited by nn4mz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Guwop said:

 

Awful trade. Damn near disrespectful lol

 

When Golloday returns, u dont believe he can be a Top 10 WR ROS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

 

When Golloday returns, u dont believe he can be a Top 10 WR ROS?

 

could be but if your WR aren't trash you don't need it and he's panicking about golladay trying to get a solid RB2 out of the deal that you can still use to flex. I would at least counter offer for less than dj depending on your lineup

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all are playing in leagues without IR slots this season? But seriously for COVID concerns IR slots were a must in fantasy this year. Yes, I know Golladay's injury isn't related to that.

 

Even without an IR slot I would hold onto him unless you get an offered at least a WR2.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Y'all are playing in leagues without IR slots this season? But seriously for COVID concerns IR slots were a must in fantasy this year. Yes, I know Golladay's injury isn't related to that.

 

Even without an IR slot I would hold onto him unless you get an offered at least a WR2.

Godwin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Y'all are playing in leagues without IR slots this season? But seriously for COVID concerns IR slots were a must in fantasy this year. Yes, I know Golladay's injury isn't related to that.

 

Even without an IR slot I would hold onto him unless you get an offered at least a WR2.

 

We added them and an extra bench spot so the wire is bare at this point after the early injuries and opt outs.

On another note ESPN website didn't allow for transfer of players labeled "Out" to IR but the fantasy mobile app did. They gotta fix that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...