Boudewijn

Kenny Golladay 2020 Outlook

I love kenny G.  Just worried Marvin eats into a potentially top 5 season.  Through week 9 last year before Staffords injury, Kenny held up 640 yards/7 tds, while Jones put up 545 yards/6 tds.

Doesnt seem to be a clear number 1 with respect to those numbers with Stafford in.  

average adp

KGs/wr7 vs MJ/w36 

Jones is undervalued 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tghetty said:

I love kenny G.  Just worried Marvin eats into a potentially top 5 season.  Through week 9 last year before Staffords injury, Kenny held up 640 yards/7 tds, while Jones put up 545 yards/6 tds.

Doesnt seem to be a clear number 1 with respect to those numbers with Stafford in.  

average adp

KGs/wr7 vs MJ/w36 

Jones is undervalued 

I LURVE KENNY GEEEEE!!1!

but you make very valid points ... i believe KG averaged less than one point per game more than MJJ in ppr. 

that said -

i will reach for KG - he's ready to challenge for top 3 overall wr. 

• Like 1

Wouldn’t be shocked to see Hockenson get the ball more this year too.  Even with that I still think Golladay is a safe bet.  He’s the best deep threat they have and Stafford loves the long ball.  If Stafford stays healthy Kenny will eat this year 

1 hour ago, Panthers8912 said:

Man I’m worried about this guy (drafted him in the 3rd anyways like an idiot). Any thoughts on who gets hurt more if hockenson emerges? Jones showing any signs of slowing down? On the plus side, this team should be throwing a lot. Golloday still relatively young too

Yeah, I agree with Breesus. He has a high WR2 floor and that's only if somehow you're unlucky with the TDs. He has overall WR1 upside if he gets more targets. I think that's the big thing about Golladay. Everyone talks about Jones and Hock taking targets, which is valid, but what if they decide to feature KG even more this year? Look at what he has done the last two years with 115 targs and imaigne what that could be with 130-140. It's unlikely, but it's still possible and worth consideration. He has legitimate 1300-1400 and 11-12 TD upside.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tghetty said:

average adp

KGs/wr7 vs MJ/w36 

Jones is undervalued 

Jones is being very undervalued. Golladay will be fine - he will return low end WR1 and Jones will be high end WR2 .  Stafford sligns it enough to support both of them honestly and before the injury both were headed for 1000 and 9-11 td seasons.  That's basically around two low end WR1's  Staffords top targets get fed.

Edited by JetsAwesome

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2020/08/08/lions-look-develop-golladay-into-nfls-top-tier-receivers/3326558001/

His OC in this article talks about wanting to get him to the next level, specifically mentions getting him on that Hopkins MT level. If Stafford is healthy all 16, sky is the limit for smooooth Kenny G this year. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JetsAwesome said:

Jones is being very undervalued. Golladay will be fine - he will return low end WR1 and Jones will be high end WR2 .  Stafford sligns it enough to support both of them honestly and before the injury both were headed for 1000 and 9-11 td seasons.  That's basically around two low end WR1's  Staffords top targets get fed.

He was the WR3 in my league last year. I don't know where you get Low end WR1 numbers. He did that with a scrub for a QB half the season. Only way to go is up for Kenny G!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Minnesota_Jack said:

Anybody know what is going on with his hamstrings? Serious? Listed as questionable. 

I don't think there's much to worry about yet. Need to monitor his practices later in the week as a better indicator.

"Kenny Golladay and Danny Amendola were limited by hamstring issues at practice on Wednesday, according to Detroit’s first injury report of the year. The severity of the injuries is unclear, but Amendola did miss some time in training camp while dealing with an undisclosed injury. Golladay has been available almost every day and turned in a fabulous camp."

Hope it's nothing serious. 

Smh hope he’s okay. He’s poised for a great year and a bum hammy would ruin it. 

it's not officially magick foosball eve 'til someone says: "blame me guys, i just drafted him at 2.09, left Evans on the bored!"

so ...

"blame me guys, i just drafted him at 2.09, left Evans on the bored!"

🤔

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

it's not officially magick foosball eve 'til someone says: "blame me guys, i just drafted him at 2.09, left Evans on the bored!"

so ...

🤔

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

so ...

🤔

I'm laughing with, not at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DValentine said:

Not practicing today. Time to panic 

Ohh FFS ... I rather he not even play now honestly. Get that extra week of rest and rehab.

2 injuries that I absolutely despise when it comes to WR's: "hammy strains" & "turf toe" 

5 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Ohh FFS ... I rather he not even play now honestly. Get that extra week of rest and rehab.

2 injuries that I absolutely despise when it comes to WR's: "hammy strains" & "turf toe" 

sounds like u had an extensive experience with AJG lol

• Haha 2

This is a major bummer. I’ll give him till tomorrow, Friday practices say a lot. I’m not panicking yet, if it’s bothering him even a little bit it’s smart for the Lions to not risk it with a Thursday practice.

15 minutes ago, DValentine said:

Not practicing today. Time to panic 

if it actually is an issue i'd rather him sit as well. Don't need an aj green level decoy 

3 minutes ago, cincythunder said:

sounds like u had an extensive experience with AJG lol

Lmao of course , haven't we all ? Adriel Jeremiah Green ! = The King of Turf Toe 

• Haha 1

Let's see if he gets work in on Friday. Matty P sounds like it's more precautionary than anything. Doesn't sound as bad as the Evans issue.

• Like 1

It must be Easter. All my top drafted players have hammies.

FWIW I remember two years ago D-Hop was held out of practices and marked as Questionable for the better part of a year with a hamstring issue, and he played every game. Obviously different, but just trying to be positive over here.

Edited by dropshadows
  • Like 1