Boudewijn

Kenny Golladay 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, Gandalfthecat said:

I love Rotoworld, but for that blurb writer to say he might be on limited snaps based on nothing from real NFL reporters is irresponsible. 

Bug shootout game coming. If you have him and are benching him, you must have some wicked awesome depth. 

I don't really, but man, I got burned by Fuller last week and it's not helping. I don't even think it's a difficult decision if you have Diontae like the guys above. I have Gage and Singletary at FLEX right now, and I think I might keep them there. We just don't know what we're going to get, we really don't, and if he goes off then great, I'm still happy.

1 hour ago, Gandalfthecat said:

I love Rotoworld, but for that blurb writer to say he might be on limited snaps based on nothing from real NFL reporters is irresponsible. 

Bug shootout game coming. If you have him and are benching him, you must have some wicked awesome depth. 

I see blowout not shootout. Blowout is bad because they will rest him. Lions have a rookie guarding Hopkins with Trufant out this could get ugly quick.  We will see. 

Edited by affliction

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

Do you guys think he’s a riskier start in PPR than standard? He may only catch a few balls but he’s always a threat to score.

I think we're all up in the air unless we don't have any decent backup options, I think he's risky in all formats TBH. He could play a few snaps feel some discomfort and his day could be over. Or maybe he plays a couple quarters and they limit or sideline him rest of game, anyone's guess what happens. Could also catch 5 of 6 and a TD you never know. I'd personally rather see him miss this week entirely and continue to heal up towards or as close as he may get to 100% this season. Would hate to see him start week 3 and have big set back or worse. 

17 hours ago I posted I am going to start Golladay if’s he is active. Now I ain’t to sure. Going with McKinnon. 

7 minutes ago, affliction said:

I see blowout not shootout. Blowout is bad because they will rest him. Lions have a rookie guarding Hopkins with Trufant out this could get ugly quick.  We will see. 

Garbage time is the BEST time for fantasy :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Garbage time is the BEST time for fantasy :) 

Problem is that if it's truly garbage time then why risk Golladay?

I truly just want this guy to make it out of this game without setbacks. I'm pretty much forced to start him (or Russell gage) with    D. Adams looking so doubtful. Might take it on the chin... but this is the world we live in.

Just now, Buckmcbuck said:

I truly just want this guy to make it out of this game without setbacks. I'm pretty much forced to start him (or Russell gage) with    D. Adams looking so doubtful. Might take it on the chin... but this is the world we live in.

I have Golladay and Adams as well. I’m gonna start Gage and Tyler Boyd, and not thinking twice about it. If he blows up on my bench and doesn’t re-aggravate the injury, I’ll be happy.

The only situation I’d be rolling the dice with another top 30 option at my disposal is if the rest of my team was weak, I was a big underdog, and needed Golladay’s big upside.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tonywow said:

I think we're all up in the air unless we don't have any decent backup options, I think he's risky in all formats TBH. He could play a few snaps feel some discomfort and his day could be over. Or maybe he plays a couple quarters and they limit or sideline him rest of game, anyone's guess what happens. Could also catch 5 of 6 and a TD you never know. I'd personally rather see him miss this week entirely and continue to heal up towards or as close as he may get to 100% this season. Would hate to see him start week 3 and have big set back or worse. 

Why are they even gonna play him if he's not 100%

I guess because they need to win but.

• Like 1

We have a player that admitted he’s not 100%...will be on limited snaps, could leave early due to aggravating it which equals to little points..I’ll be starting Slayton 

27 minutes ago, Leopard said:

We have a player that admitted he’s not 100%...will be on limited snaps, could leave early due to aggravating it which equals to little points..I’ll be starting Slayton 

Where did you see he’ll be on limited snaps? 

Screw it I’m starting him, worst that can happen is he re injures himself, gives me a 0, and I lose my game by 2. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Where did you see he’ll be on limited snaps? 

Probably this,personally I've never been a Rapoport fan

Lions WR Kenny Golladay (hamstring) is expected to play in Week 3 against the Cardinals.

Ian Rapoport says that Golladay will play but it's possible that he opens the season on a snap count. Golladay told reporters that he wasn't fully healed earlier in the week and the last thing Detroit needs is for him to suffer a setback. He's been on the sidelines through two weeks so far. Golladay is still a locked-in starter for fantasy as long as he's active.

Sep 27, 2020, 8:14 AM ET

I see a lot of people with, like me, Russell Gage as an alternative option to Golladay.  Personally, I'm going Russell Gage over Golladay and I'm doing so without any hesitation whatsoever. A no-brainer IMHO with Julio Jones out and Gage in full health playing at 12 pm cst --VS.-- an admittedly not 100% Golladay, with a tight hamstring, playing at 3:25 pm cst and only 60/40 to even play.

2 minutes ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

I see a lot of people with, like me, Russell Gage as an alternative option to Golladay.  Personally, I'm going Russell Gage over Golladay and I'm doing so without any hesitation whatsoever. A no-brainer IMHO with Julio Jones out and Gage in full health playing at 12 pm cst --VS.-- an admittedly not 100% Golladay, with a tight hamstring, playing at 3:25 pm cst and only 60/40 to even play.

Would still go Golladay. 🤷‍♂️

I'm too scared of limited work or aggravating the injury.  I'll hate myself if he blows up, but I'll hate myself more if he's a zero sitting in my lineup. 

2 minutes ago, chargahs said:

Start your studs

Even when their limited though?

Im with dude starting Gage, he's healthy and will get targets. Can't trust Kenny G here but it is tempting to put him in, too many unknowns.

• Like 1

Just now, Tryptamine said:

I'm too scared of limited work or aggravating the injury.  I'll hate myself if he blows up, but I'll hate myself more if he's a zero sitting in my lineup. 

Exactly. That's basically what it comes down to. A zero or near zero in your lineup can and quite often does cost you the week. Whereas a blowup game from someone on your bench, while it certainly stings, his being on the bench, in and of itself, it cannot lose you the week. 

And with that in-mind, also consider the upside/downside likelihood here. What's more likely to occur?

Scenario #1: Golloday, after having already missed the first 2 week of the season, yet to have had a single full practice since tweaking his hamstring, self-admittedly not 100% right now, and still not much more than a 60/40 chance of playing, that - in the event that he does in fact play - winds up having a good or great worthwhile game, OR...

Scenario #2: Golloday, assuming he even suits up, goes out there in a limited capacity and gives you very pedestrian numbers on a limited number of snaps, or, worse, after an early go of it, decides to sit out the 2nd half because he just can't do the things one needs to physically be able to do in order to be an effective NFL wide receiver out there....or even worse yet, re-aggrevates the hamstring injury at any given moment, which definitely puts an end to his day immediately on the spot right then and there, whenever the heck that occurs, whether it be play number 1 from scrimmage or in quarter number 3.

Scenario #2 seems more likely than scenario 1 to me

1 minute ago, jeffnsee said:

He’s definitely active right??

No, there is certainly a chance they don't like what they see in warm-ups and sit him down. In a 16 team league I am forced to carry Q Cephus in case of emergency.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Worst saying in fantasy football.

ASYS people!If Bill Big Baller Bellamy says so then it must be true.