Boudewijn

Kenny Golladay 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Quiet in here. You guys feeling confident in starting him tomorrow?

All signs point to yes.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Quiet in here. You guys feeling confident in starting him tomorrow?

yea why not...been waiting all season to start 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, philnutz said:

Could be raining all day

If you're benching a 2nd or 3rd round pick who's performing at ADP due to weather...

[...] If he has a big game against ATL I'm going to look to sell. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

2 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

12 half ppr points when their rbs accounted for almost all fantasy points is nothing really to sneeze at

however, Staffird is gonna need to throw more

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

I agree. He only had 105 yards receiving. He is terrible.

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

That was meh but I still think there are big games to come.  Lions will be down games and Stafford will have to throw more.  Kenny is healthy now and just getting started.  

this offense is ugly fellas - he's gonna scarily fight to get 100 yards or a score every week. The first half he pretty much hadn't done anything.

There will be some not great games ahead.  This offense doesn't look super WR/ pass friendly right now and now they are committing to the run so temper expectations.  Also im not sure what's gone on behind the scenes but Marvin Jones has been erased from the economic gameplan do defenses will def start honing in on Kenny G.

Let's see how this passing attack looks versus Falcons.

Edited by JetsAwesome
  • Haha 3

If you combined Golladay's yardage and Evans' touchdowns on limited catches you'd have Megatron.

• Like 1

He would've had a much bigger day if not for the constant PI from Jax db's in the first half.  The Jax defensive gameplan was to take out Kenny G and they couldn't accomplish this without PI.  That wasn't sustainable for the entire game and he eventually got his.  Even with a big lead and a poor game script for WR's, he still fed.  

And moving forward, I'd expect better scripts.  Most games Detroit will not run that effectively.  Most games their defense will not maintain a lead.  Kenny's best games are coming.  

Edited by Honolulu Blue Balls
  • Like 8

Their Defense played better then what they are and Jacksonville is pretty bad against the run. Everything worked against Kenny and he still had decent game. 

50 minutes ago, jwork said:

Their Defense played better then what they are and Jacksonville is pretty bad against the run. Everything worked against Kenny and he still had decent game. 

Him being stopped at about the 5 yd line from having a 30 plus yd TD last week also hurt his value for the day. He played well, and couldve finished much higher several times

8 hours ago, trolltoll said:

I have a good feeling that this week against ATL is when he drops that 30 burger.

Im hoping so, no one in my league values him high right now and this lions offense hasnt look too explosive outside the running game last week. We need our WR1 to get going and he could this week for sure

Not worried about him Ros at all even in PPR. Lions didn't need to throw at all with a lead plus the RB's destroying the jags, yet he still put 100yds

1 minute ago, scheibler said:

Not worried about him Ros at all even in PPR. Lions didn't need to throw at all with a lead plus the RB's destroying the jags, yet he still put 100yds

The guy on pro football focus was on fantasy pros yesterday and announced golladay was his faller outside of the top 10 for WRs moving forward and said he would have Mike Evans over him. Really hope the lions prove him wrong this week, I didnt particularly like the take

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trolltoll said:

I have a good feeling that this week against ATL is when he drops that 30 burger.

I sure hope you're right. Would be nice with all these byes/injuries if he came through

Probably just me being greedy having owned him for years, but I really feel like they could utilize him better. I'd argue he's as talented a receiver as there is in the NFL, and I just don't feel like he gets quite as many targets as he should. 

2 hours ago, JacobThunder15 said:

The guy on pro football focus was on fantasy pros yesterday and announced golladay was his faller outside of the top 10 for WRs moving forward and said he would have Mike Evans over him. Really hope the lions prove him wrong this week, I didnt particularly like the take

That guy has no clue. Kenny hasn't had one bad game on the season yet.

Mike Evans has 2 duds already. & has to contend with Godwin the whole year. 

Granted Golladay missed two games due to injuries, but regardless ... 

I see some huge games on the horizon some of those : 10 receptions , 100 yard+ .. TD kind of days

Stafford and the Lions have yet to kick this passing attack into high gear. That much is clear just from watching their games. 

That makes me low-key excited, that the best is yet to come. 

Edited by RunCMC