Boudewijn

Kenny Golladay 2020 Outlook

PPR is so sad that guys like golladay aren’t good enough. Might as well not even draft WRs like him. Just go pick up guys like crowder Robby Anderson etc.

Was an absolute beast today. Finished with a good stat line but anyone who watched the game knows that his stats don’t do that performance justice. Some of those catches brought back Megatron memories. What a player 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He would be fighting for overall WR1 with 10-12 targets a game.

So sad they don't really feed him.

• Like 6

Now he just needs to find the end zone. Detroit looks like they are playing a bit more conservative this season. Just wait for that game where the Lions are down double digits at half.

1 minute ago, LionKid90 said:

Now he just needs to find the end zone. Detroit looks like they are playing a bit more conservative this season. Just wait for that game where the Lions are down double digits at half.

I agree. They’re really setting up the running game and it’s somewhat working. As a downside, there just aren’t that many high quality targets to go around between Hockenson, Golladay, and Jones. Not to mention the occasional dump offs to the running back and Amendola.

1 minute ago, WaiverLooter said:

I agree. They’re really setting up the running game and it’s somewhat working. As a downside, there just aren’t that many high quality targets to go around between Hockenson, Golladay, and Jones. Not to mention the occasional dump offs to the running back and Amendola.

To be fair, letting Stadf drop back and throw 40+ times has proven not to work in the NFL. Credit to Patricia and the staff for staying balanced. But there will be plenty of games they will have to play from behind.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

To be fair, letting Stadf drop back and throw 40+ times has proven not to work in the NFL. Credit to Patricia and the staff for staying balanced. But there will be plenty of games they will have to play from behind.

Yeah it’s wishful thinking but if they were the Lions of old, and with 12 targets a game, Golladay would easily be a top3 WR. He’s just that good

14 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

We have a fairly easy schedule it looks like to me. We should be competitive up until GB again.

The volume is not gonna be there. They are committed to the run a lot more this season. Which weak do you see a shootout happening? They won't let him throw for 30+ times daily it seems

2 hours ago, Ceco2 said:

Was an absolute beast today. Finished with a good stat line but anyone who watched the game knows that his stats don’t do that performance justice. Some of those catches brought back Megatron memories. What a player 

Exactly Megatron. I had Megatron, I have Golladay and you watch and cringe at the effort required to catch Stafford's garbage. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

This guy is a really good WR. He fixin to get paid by someone.

He's gonna get the franchise tag if not a big payday. Sad but he's stuck here.

4 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

Exactly Megatron. I had Megatron, I have Golladay and you watch and cringe at the effort required to catch Stafford's garbage. 

He was called "mini" Megatron for a reason.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

There are only a few qb's in the league who can make the throw Stafford made to Golladay to set up the game winner.  And Megatron didn't become Megatron until he had a qb who could get the ball to him.  Tate put up the best numbers of his career with Stafford.  Marvin Jones was nobody until he came to Detroit.  Now we're talking about Golladay--a dude from Northern Illinois U that no one heard of coming into the draft--as a top WR in the league. 

Obviously these WR's have some skills, and it's not all Stafford, but the whole "Stafford's receivers do all the work for him" meme is crap.  He's been proving that false ever since Megatron retired.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JuanSuarez said:

He would be fighting for overall WR1 with 10-12 targets a game.

So sad they don't really feed him.

Yep. He makes a highlight catch every week and is one of, if not, the best deep ball WR’s in the league. He’s fun to watch. 

I still think he will have a couple blow up games that he does get 10+ targets in this year. 

• Like 1

Patience gentlemen, there will be games with double digit targets. 

He's hovering around 7 per game right now. Not exactly sure what all the fuss is about ...

Golladay is balling in my opinion, and things can only get better here on out.

15 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Patience gentlemen, there will be games with double digit targets. 

He's hovering around 7 per game right now. Not exactly sure what all the fuss is about ...

Golladay is balling in my opinion, and things can only get better here on out.

People just want more from a guy drafted early in the draft who already missed games. It's not his fault that the lions have gone into ball control mode and he's avg 13.8 pts in 0.5 ppr and is starting to get more targets as he stays healthy so he's doing well, just not as well as was expected with the volume not being what it was thought to be in the past

2 minutes ago, Guwop said:

People just want more from a guy drafted early in the draft who already missed games. It's not his fault that the lions have gone into ball control mode and he's avg 13.8 pts in 0.5 ppr and is starting to get more targets as he stays healthy so he's doing well, just not as well as was expected with the volume not being what it was thought to be in the past

With the way 1st and 2nd rounders have worked out this year, we should all grateful.

I would understand the complaints if the man had a bad game, but sheesh ... tough crowd I guess. 

Kenny G. is a scoring machine, can't wait for those double digit touchdown games. They're on the way believe me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silent-Trader said:

He was called "mini" Megatron for a reason.

It was Babytron. 

I still call him that lol, and I seem to have him every season. Another good day!  Let’s get some TDs 

He may make the most difficult catches in the league. Figured he'd score yesterday but the game was oddly low scoring. You feel like he'll trend up from here. 

• Like 1

this guy would be the best receiver in the league if he got more targets

• Like 2

Needs a real QB. Not stupid fat hobbit

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

Going against indy pass defense and the volume is already low. Looks like another avg game coming up unless he gets a TD

Im fading him this week if Xavier Rhoades is on him. WR2 this game, TD dependent WR1 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

Going against indy pass defense and the volume is already low. Looks like another avg game coming up unless he gets a TD

Hes averaging 11 PPG in standard scoring, thats average? thats overall WR5 last year

Hes as set and forget as it comes