Boudewijn

Kenny Golladay 2020 Outlook

5 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Im fading him this week if Xavier Rhoades is on him. WR2 this game, TD dependent WR1 

I don't think Rhodes is as good as Kenny frankly. It's not like it's Ramsey. Hell or even Bradberry 

• Like 4

Lions were in talks with the giants about trading Kenny to them? Surprised no one has mentioned this yet and even more the lions are shopping him around. 

8 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Lions were in talks with the giants about trading Kenny to them? Surprised no one has mentioned this yet and even more the lions are shopping him around. 

Source?

dudes blowing smoke....giants inquired...no interest in trading him...he is a stud...2 100 yard games in a row...lez get a 3rd with TD

Edited by Power-O
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Power-O said:

dudes blowing smoke....giants inquired...no interest in trading him...he is a stud...2 100 yard games in a row...lez get a 3rd with TD

Yassss

1 hour ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Im fading him this week if Xavier Rhoades is on him. WR2 this game, TD dependent WR1 

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but if memory serves Rhodes got absolutely torched last year, all year. I remember one game where they were repeatedly going at him. 

He used to be a stud, but unless I'm completely misremembering he is nothing to worry about. 

*Edit - I just checked. Ironically it was Detroit last year, but Marvin Jones. He had 4 TDs in their first meeting, all on Rhodes. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

6 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but if memory serves Rhodes got absolutely torched last year, all year. I remember one game where they were repeatedly going at him. 

He used to be a stud, but unless I'm completely misremembering he is nothing to worry about. 

He did, he was awful and injured a good bit too.

But now he is playing with confidence in a completely different scheme--basically went from all man coverage to now playing a ton of zone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Golladay talks were blown completely out of proportion:

He specifically said the Giants were talking to the Lions. He gives no indication on how deep talks got or how serious either side was of making the move. And he seems to imply the Giants initiated talks.

Any smart GM would listen for an "offer I cant refuse" for their players. Not sure why everyone got worked up.

1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

Hes averaging 11 PPG in standard scoring, thats average? thats overall WR5 last year

Hes as set and forget as it comes

In 0.5 ppr he's ranked 46th this year. Last years stats/rankings don't win this year's games so miss me with the "he would have been this rank last year". Plus indy has a good pass d and the lions have been more conservative this year than they were last year. Never said he was horrible but can Def see a 11-14 fantasy pt outing. Not seeing the blow up game this week. Could easily be wrong but it would take the play calling changing and indy sucking to make that happen 

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

*Edit - I just checked. Ironically it was Detroit last year, but Marvin Jones. He had 4 TDs in their first meeting, all on Rhodes. 

Things change. In 2020, Rhodes is allowing a 56.5 qb rating on passes thrown his way. He's giving up 7 fantasy points per game. Dude is balling out right now.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

In 0.5 ppr he's ranked 46th this year. Last years stats/rankings don't win this year's games so miss me with the "he would have been this rank last year".

He missed the first two games of the season and had a bye week

Where does he rank on a PPG basis? I'd bet it isn't 46th, he's had 100 yards or a TD in every game he's played and that's without a blow up or game where both happen (100 yards and a TD), I guess my definition of an average game is diff from yours

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Where does he rank on a PPG basis? I'd bet it isn't 46th, he's had 100 yards or a TD in every game he's played and that's without a blow up or game where both happen (100 yards and a TD), I guess my definition of an average game is diff from yours

#19 based on ppg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got so caught up in the Rhodes discussion I didn't even realize that's next week. Lol. They have the Colts Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I got so caught up in the Rhodes discussion I didn't even realize that's next week. Lol. They have the Colts Sunday. 

Rhodes is the starting boundary corner for the Colts.

• Like 1

I won’t lie. I don’t really appreciate this guy as much as I should. It always feels like no matter how many yards he gets if a td isn’t included it’s a disappointment. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, affliction said:

I won’t lie. I don’t really appreciate this guy as much as I should. It always feels like no matter how many yards he gets if a td isn’t included it’s a disappointment. 

this. I like having him but even then with the bye week leeway i have i'm fading for fulgham against the cowboys. Or I'll just flex him. I can see being willing to take the risk for a boom over consistent good play but i don't think anyone in here is dropping or slamming the guy. 

Edited by Guwop

19 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

16 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Rhodes is the starting boundary corner for the Colts.

mindblown-rs.gif

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Gmen07 said:

#19 based on ppg

I'm talking in terms of boom and 19th isn't 5th from last year like kmoore is claiming. At least talk this year and what is happening and how the match-up looks instead of being married to a name and last year's production. Never said dude was horrible or a non start but an argument can be made for lower expectations with less passing volume, more runs and indys defense. This isn't last years Stafford. 

1 minute ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

I'm talking in terms of boom and 19th isn't 5th from last year like kmoore is claiming. At least talk this year and what is happening and how the match-up looks instead of being married to a name and last year's production. Never said dude was horrible or a non start but an argument can be made for lower expectations with less passing volume, more runs and indys defense. This isn't last years Stafford. 

I think the issue is that we've been spoiled with lots of WRs having boom weeks and several ww gems carving out starting consistent roles that you could pick up for free while a guy we drafter in the 2nd and 3rd round hasn't lived up to what we thought he would so far. All the claypools, fulghams, higgins types, not to mention guys drafted after him that have given you more so far really does change the perspective. I will agree that golladay needs get more targets and the lions need to worry less about the run game but that's only because we drafted him lol. If golladay hadn't been injured to start the season this whole thread would look different but he did so at this point all we can do is hope that the lions offense gets it going and gets more aggressive in the passing game

no game under 16 ppr pts. a td or 100 yds in all 4 games. we will get a couple 2 td 150 yd game at some point if both staf and kenny stay healthy.

see hill gamelog looks like kenny. both will have some boom games at some point and if he gets me that 15 pt week floor with limited duds then im content spending a top 30 pick on him

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gmen07 said:

#19 based on ppg

i think that number is including the weeks he missed due to injury because that's how ESPN ranks it. In terms of games played it's definitely higher. We're just spoiled as owners from all the wrs that have popped

2 hours ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

Kind of disingenuous. Guys in full PPR from your list ahead of him are: Allen Lazard, Travis Fulgham, Crowder, and Robby Anderson (who might stay ahead). I think the volume is concerning, like everyone else has stated, but big picture, he seems healthy, is in a contract year, plays in a tight division, and has a gun slinger who has him locked in as their team's WR1. To me, fantasy is as much luck as it is talent meeting opportunity, and Golladay has a decent mix of the two. 

Back to the list: do you think there is a fair chance he outscores all of those guys the reminder of the season? Would you trade Golladay straight up for any of those players? Lazard? Crowder? As with everything, context is important. Stating a stat arbitrarily in a vacuum doesn't help decision making, and arguably reinforces bad decision making. Just my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Guwop said:

i think that number is including the weeks he missed due to injury because that's how ESPN ranks it. In terms of games played it's definitely higher. We're just spoiled as owners from all the wrs that have popped

Player rankings are PPG are different. PPG = literally points/games played. He is currently 19th in PPG, but imo, over the second half of the season, if the talent meets opportunity theory aligns, Golladay should match up to what some of us here drafted him for, health withstanding. I wouldn't be mad at WR2 numbers, but a few weeks of those 7/100/1 kind of games would be really cool, and not totally unexpected either. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

Player rankings are PPG are different. PPG = literally points/games played. He is currently 19th in PPG, but imo, over the second half of the season, if the talent meets opportunity theory aligns, Golladay should match up to what some of us here drafted him for, health withstanding. I wouldn't be mad at WR2 numbers, but a few weeks of those 7/100/1 kind of games would be really cool, and not totally unexpected either. 

He’s played 4 games.  PPR;

17.7, 16.2, 15.5, 18.4 = 16.95/game 

He would be ahead of THill (116.3 in 7 games = 16.61) & Robby Anderson (116.4 in 7 = 16.62) to be WR7 for the year - points per games played  

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/reports/leaders/ppr-wr.php?year=2020

Edited by Cleanface