Boudewijn

Kenny Golladay 2020 Outlook

15 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

He’s played 4 games.  PPR;

17.7, 16.2, 15.5, 18.4 = 16.95/game 

He would be ahead of THill (116.3 in 7 games = 16.61) & Robby Anderson (116.4 in 7 = 16.62) to be WR7 for the year - points per games played  

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/reports/leaders/ppr-wr.php?year=2020

Your numbers are off. In the link you posted you can literally sort by ppg and it shows Golladay’s ppg on the page. 

8 minutes ago, Gmen07 said:

Your numbers are off. In the link you posted you can literally sort by ppg and it shows Golladay’s ppg on the page. 

Point taken I didn’t look all the way over.  I think their total is wrong tho.

He should be 67.8 not 65.8 total.    

Edited by Cleanface

1 minute ago, Cleanface said:

Point taken I didn’t look all the way over.  I think their total is wrong tho.

He should be 67.8 not 65.8 total.    

I looked at my yahoo league, ESPN league and his game log. I’m seeing 65.8 across the board.

I think your scores for him weeks 3 & 4 are off. He should have 14.5 and 17.4.

2 minutes ago, Gmen07 said:

I looked at my yahoo league, ESPN league and his game log. I’m seeing 65.8 across the board.

I think your scores for him weeks 3 & 4 are off. He should have 14.5 and 17.4.

Yes espn has him at 15.5 and 18.4.  

Thanks - corrected on all 🤦🏻‍♂️🙏

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

I'm talking in terms of boom and 19th isn't 5th from last year like kmoore is claiming. At least talk this year and what is happening and how the match-up looks instead of being married to a name and last year's production.  

I claimed what now? haha I stated at his current PPG this year, last year that equated to the 5th best WR (standard but top 10 still in all formats), now unless we are expecting an upswing on elite WR this year, at his current pace (again, this year) id say he will end up being the WR1 we all drafted, you need to factor in the early big game breakout WR's will fall off and lose consistency while Golladay does what he does 

and the main thing that had me scratching my head TBH was the phrase "another average game" which IMO he has yet to have just an average game, 100 yards or a TD in every game hes played = good games, its all semantics though so moving on 

14 hours ago, Soafanforlife said:

Kind of disingenuous. Guys in full PPR from your list ahead of him are: Allen Lazard, Travis Fulgham, Crowder, and Robby Anderson (who might stay ahead)

Back to the list: do you think there is a fair chance he outscores all of those guys the reminder of the season? Would you trade Golladay straight up for any of those players? Lazard? Crowder? As with everything, context is important. Stating a stat arbitrarily in a vacuum doesn't help decision making, and arguably reinforces bad decision making. Just my opinion. 

example of the hot early season WR's ^ which some will definitely fall below him by seasons end and a good question as to would you actually trade Golladay for any of them, not I

Edited by kmoore1521

Floor's been great, and while there inevitably will be a dud in there, you just feel like the big game's coming. 

I'm not sure why Stafford hasn't been nearly as productive this year compared to last. 

Even as much as Golladay is involved I still feel like they underutilize him, particularly around the goalline. He might be the best jump ball guy in the entire league. 

• Like 1

Just now, fruitjacket said:

They want to be a running team. 

His numbers will decline. 

According to? MIN want to be a running team. Thielen has been fine

1 minute ago, JacobThunder15 said:

According to? MIN want to be a running team. Thielen has been fine

Theilen has been fine because they are airways behind. 

Some of this stuff requires thinking. 

<-----golladay owner 

Just now, fruitjacket said:

Theilen has been fine because they are airways behind. 

Some of this stuff requires thinking. 

<-----golladay owner 

Except the lines cant run the ball either

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fruitjacket said:

They want to be a running team. 

His numbers will decline. 

He's not a target volume play right now anyways and is still producing. He can either be expected to be where he's at right, low end WR1, or be even better if Patricia stops being an idiot and actually uses the best weapon on the team.

• Like 2

Just because you are a running team doesn’t mean you can’t have a great WR. Theilen is on a run first team, and he did fine previous years when the defense was great. AJ Brown is putting up numbers on a run first team. Weren’t the Saints one of the leading running teams back when Michael Thomas was putting up top 3 WR numbers?

Even the most run heavy teams have to throw the ball 25-30 times. As long as you can be the lead guy and make the targets count you will be fine.

Golloday will be fine. I agree the Lions want to run the ball, but they aren’t a team that is going to pound the rock all game, they aren’t that great at it. Not to mention the defense will give up plenty of scores, meaning Stafford will have to throw.

• Like 1

Lions been trying to run the ball the past 10 years .... unsuccessfully. 

Too early to tell on Swift. 

• Haha 2

If you have golladay on your bench because you have Adams and Julio, I envy your WRs. If you have golladay on your bench because you think the lions are a running team, I’d like to be in your league.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

a season worth of highlights for most wr in one game for kenny

Dude you aren't kidding. Every single catch was amazing. How is Stafford not targeting him 15 times a game? I know I would be if I wanted to win. 

12 minutes ago, nk2333 said:

Don't konw if this was posted

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/29/new-york-giants-detroit-lions-discussed-kenny-golladay-trade/

This would kill Golladay's value.  Even though the Giants will be throwing alot, I don't think the Giants o-line will give Jones the time to throw it to him. 

Yikes just dealt for him. Hopefully stays put. Why would the lions be sellers after a few wins

Edited by vthokie3

As a Kenny G owner = Good that the trade did not go through.

As a Giants fan = that upsets me that the trade did not go through.

:(

Kenny G in big blue would be... omfg. scintillating.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

As a Kenny G owner = Good that the trade did not go through.

As a Giants fan = that upsets me that the trade did not go through.

:(

Kenny G in big blue would be... omfg. scintillating.

same here.  there's still time though.   not sure what to root for but since I own Kenny G, I say I hope the trade doesn't go through and let it happen in the offseason. 

1 hour ago, nk2333 said:

Don't konw if this was posted

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/29/new-york-giants-detroit-lions-discussed-kenny-golladay-trade/

This would kill Golladay's value.  Even though the Giants will be throwing alot, I don't think the Giants o-line will give Jones the time to throw it to him. 

Disagree, I think this will help Kenny's fantasy value out tremendously. He would get peppered with targets.