Boudewijn

Kenny Golladay 2020 Outlook

The last blurb said 

Coach Matt Patricia is a Patriots disciple, and New England seemed to always have a laundry list of players "limited" throughout the week.

Based on that, is there reason for optimism ?

6 minutes ago, nk2333 said:

The last blurb said 

Based on that, is there reason for optimism ?

No imo. He injured in practice and couldn't finish and then could not even do individual stuff today. Being a hammy, I am 98.5% certain he sits on Sun. Just have to hope this isn't a multi week issue at this point.

Awesome, the only player I have in multiple leagues. This is fine. Would rather he sits, I hate that bullshit start and leave 5 minutes into game, goose egg. 

Edited by noles1983
  • Like 2

Sending positive vibes to anyone who owns Golladay and Evans.

• Thanks 4

I'm wondering if this lack of preseason is causing a problem for WR's not having enough time to ramp up their work in preparation for the season. First Evans, now Kenny G. Injuries could be a big problem this year. I think having quality backups will be more important than ever.

Edited by ponchsox
  • Like 3

imagine how many Hammies are going to be pulled on opening drives on Sunday! 🤣

• Haha 4

Just now, kdpat15 said:

imagine how many Hammies are going to be pulled on opening drives on Sunday! 🤣

Well, at least they weren't pulling them in preseason.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

I'm wondering if this lack of preseason is causing a problem for WR's not having enough time to ramp up their work in preparation for the season. First Evans, now Kenny G. Injuries could be a big problem this year. I think having quality backups will be more important than ever.

Yeppers. It feels as if I have heard of more hammy injuries than at any time this close to the season.

Ooof...

Why do so many PROFESSIONAL Athletes that make millions have so many Hamstring injuries? 

Hope he does play so we can see him bully Fuller's skinny a** around all day.

1 minute ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Ooof...

Why do so many PROFESSIONAL Athletes that make millions have so many Hamstring injuries? 

Because as an athlete a lot of pressure is placed on your hamstrings.....

It wouldn't be fantasy football without a lineup dilemma before Week 1! Welcome back everyone!

Drafted Golladay in 2 leagues to be my wr1.  Hopefully the hammy injury is just a strain and he sits out a week tops.

3 minutes ago, LAeagle said:

Because as an athlete a lot of pressure is placed on your hamstrings.....

I Was an athlete and NEVER had a real hamstring Injury. I do remember having it cramp up on me in one of my high school games but stretched it out and missed maybe 3 plays. Unacceptable

12 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Ooof...

Not all of them, just the guys who try to run fast. Too bad there aren't OL fantasy positions, we'd be in great shape(hammy-wise)

4 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I Was an athlete and NEVER had a real hamstring Injury. I do remember having it cramp up on me in one of my high school games but stretched it out and missed maybe 3 plays. Unacceptable

Back in my day, even when the hamstring fell off the bone, I was still running full speed.  These kids are soft!

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, TTo34 said:

Back in my day, even when the hamstring fell off the bone, I was still running full speed.  These kids are soft!

200.gif

Fa reals. lol

34 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Sending positive vibes to anyone who owns Golladay and Evans.

F that, sending doom and gloom vibes to anyone who owns those two.

Face both in multiple leagues!

15 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

How did your professional high school career go?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

So obviously I was never close to these guys as an athlete but I had two hamstring injuries. Once for basketball and once for football.

They're so damn brutal and it is very easy to see why a hamstring injury can ruin a season. You can be walking normally, moving normally, and feel ready to go and then the first time you explode in a game you feel a tug and that's that. Even when you play it's half assed because you can feel the hamstring ready to burst. **** makes no sense and there's a reason hamstring injuries are so annoying. They realistically require 4-12 weeks depending on how bad it is yet players almost always return in like a third of that because TECHNICALLY you can play. So it leads to an extremely frustrating cycle of players playng at like 40%-70% effort, getting reinjured, and just overall being a headache to own. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cardiak said:

How did your professional high school career go?

5bec40aa58b0314d47297ceff0ad3bf1.jpg

He scored 4 touchdowns in a single game

• Like 2
  • Haha 4