Rotoworld.com Forums

Kenny Golladay 2020 Outlook

18 hours ago, stay_woke said:

Honestly laughable at this point the contract he thinks he deserves. Total bust this season

What type contract is he asking for? hes def worth some money but havent seen any estimations of what hes looking for

18 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

One of my Bust Of The Year Candidates.

Saquon says hello, no contest on bust of the year hah

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would rather go down with the motha ******** pontoon boat if i received that poop dick of an offer. 

Kenny Golladay (hamstring) out for Week 1 (One week later) "...The issue here is the pain Golladay would feel when trying to raise his arms above his head to catch passes. "    

Posted Images

I'm starting to think this obscure injury signals a trade is looming. He may have taken himself out of the game with a minor nick to avoid the risk of injury. 

The Giants would be better. Yes, Dimes is nowhere near as good a QB as Stafford, but we can at least finally get used to 10+ targets and a much more motivated player with nothing on his mind but the game.

Edited by MKO3090
Just now, MKO3090 said:

I'm starting to think this obscure injury signals a trade is looming. He may have taken himself out of the game with a minor nick to avoid the risk of injury. 

The Giants would be better. Yes, Dimes is nowhere near as good a QB as Stafford, but we can at least finally get used to 10+ targets and a much more motivated player with nothing on his mind but the game.

Totally agree. And they would love to establish some rapport with Danny and a true #1 

54 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

I freakin wish. Owning the #1 WR in Detroit is about the worst you can have. You see the amazing potential and the horrible play calling. 

2 hours ago, SkinThatSmokeWagon said:

The real question here is how does Matt Patricia still have a job! He is the real Galloday killer. 1st Down, run for 2 yds. 2nd down run for -1 yds. 3rd down Stafford Incompletion. Rinse and repeat.

Been that way since I've owned Calvin. It's like whoever is coach, is required to use the Lions offensive guide to total suckage. I'm sure a fat blob like patricia, embraced it from day one. He's total garbage.

Hope Golladay demands so much they either franchise him or trade him. A total waste of talent in the Detroit cesspool.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, kmoore1521 said:

So whos the WR add? Marvin been looking meh this year and the others are pretty much no name guys

Obv this is great for TJ Hock but who else?

Jones had 7 targets and 2 tds in Golladay’s absence yesterday. Would like to see more targets and more completions but he should be the guy to add. 

1 minute ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Could easily be season ending what with contract issues and Covid. Sure hope not though. 

That's basically how I'm taking it. Think a few weeks ago. OBJ suffered an ACL tear. Or Michael Thomas suffered a high-ankle sprain. We got nothing like that. Just an obscure "hip injury" that will cause him to be "week-to-week". This is after a hamstring injury of an undisclosed severity kept him out for the first 2 weeks of the season. This reeks of contract dispute stalemate. Golladay may be trying to quietly sit out the season while fulfilling his current agreement. I would be mildly surprised if he returns this season, and more so if he returns this month.

• Like 1
On 9/17/2020 at 1:16 PM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

so we're just totally dismissing the 5 games he missed as a rookie with similar injury?

🤔

On 9/17/2020 at 1:44 PM, BGDDYKWL said:

He had missed 6 games in his career going into this season, and missed only one in the last two years. (Also played 12 and 14 games his two years of college). I'd consider that a "pretty" healthy player. No one's saying he's Frank Gore, but he's not injury prone was my main point. I think that's reasonable. 

update?

(if you remember our earlier conversation ... if he misses this upcoming week that will be 9 outta 56 career games that he was not playing due to injury).

34 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

update?

(if you remember our earlier conversation ... if he misses this upcoming week that will be 9 outta 56 career games that he was not playing due to injury).

Ah, the "I told you so" follow-up. Always productive (and necessary). Injury prone does not have a set definition. It's subjective. He's been pretty healthy in the past. 

Injury prone is also fluid. It can change over time. 

When going into this year's draft I didn't hear anyone saying, "I'm not taking Golladay because he's injury prone." That's simply a fact. Now if he misses 4 more games this year then gets hurt again next year, sure, he's injury prone. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Ah, the "I told you so" follow-up. Always productive (and necessary). Injury prone does not have a set definition. It's subjective. He's been pretty healthy in the past. 

Injury prone is also fluid. It can change over time. 

When going into this year's draft I didn't hear anyone saying, "I'm not taking Golladay because he's injury prone." That's simply a fact. Now if he misses 4 more games this year then gets hurt again next year, sure, he's injury prone. 

ConcernedPrestigiousLacewing-small.gif

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, uditpa said:

jk dobbins

I'd wait until the deadline passes. Something weird could happen. This entire situation is strange. But if the deadline passes and no trade occurs, I'd move him for lesser value (low-end WR2). But if someone offered a player with the upside of Dobbins now, I'd be hard-pressed to say no.

• Like 1
Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

ConcernedPrestigiousLacewing-small.gif

You're really adding a lot to this thread. 

How many people did you hear say, "I wouldn't take Golladay this year because he's injury prone"? It's a simple question. How 'bout you answer it instead of another smart aleck response? Seems easy enough. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 11/1/2020 at 4:16 PM, young dude said:

Glad it worked out for you, but that's extremely results oriented. Albeit my analogy is extreme, it's sorta like you folded AA heads up vs. 27 in poker and flops 777, so you claim victory.

Not exactly. If I play a wr who has a better situation to score over a player who is a better wr but in a worse situation fantasy wise then that's smart play. For example Fulgham's and aiyuk's of the world. Gotta see when your studs turn into duds 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MKO3090 said:

I'd wait until the deadline passes. Something weird could happen. This entire situation is strange. But if the deadline passes and no trade occurs, I'd move him for lesser value (low-end WR2). But if someone offered a player with the upside of Dobbins now, I'd be hard-pressed to say no.

This. I'm holding still on everything until Wednesday. Then I might be forced to move him for something low end with upside while they still say "week to week."

• Like 1
On 11/2/2020 at 2:03 PM, Foppatosakic said:

Bust candidate, Im not sure if you could swing him out via trade somehow.

I know people are frustrated as this year hasn't gone as planned but he may just be out a game or 2 and then have a good playoff run. I don't own him but I'm trying to acquire him as he's a solid performer when he's out there. He's been healthy his whole career and this year is an outlier (or at least looks that way). Maybe he just needs a week or 2 rest?

Honestly I don't follow the Lions so maybe people can add some insight if I'm missing something but Golladay has consistent/solid outings in all the games where he's played a full game. His previous 2 games before he got hurt he went over 100 yards and was looking solid.

What are the chances he stays in DET beyond this year? They looking like they will offer him a contract? I'm curious for keeper/dynasty leagues.

2 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

I know people are frustrated as this year hasn't gone as planned but he may just be out a game or 2 and then have a good playoff run. I don't own him but I'm trying to acquire him as he's a solid performer when he's out there. He's been healthy his whole career and this year is an outlier (or at least looks that way). Maybe he just needs a week or 2 rest?

Honestly I don't follow the Lions so maybe people can add some insight if I'm missing something but Golladay has consistent/solid outings in all the games where he's played a full game. His previous 2 games before he got hurt he went over 100 yards and was looking solid.

What are the chances he stays in DET beyond this year? They looking like they will offer him a contract? I'm curious for keeper/dynasty leagues.

He's their best player & in smack dab in his prime.

Lions would be fools to ship him out, unless it's for multiple 1st rounders. (which wouldn't happen anyways) 

I'd be more worried about Stafford if anything.

• Like 1