Boudewijn

Kenny Golladay 2020 Outlook

People comparing their “athletic” experiences working around injury to nfl players? Lmao

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

An injury story might be the least interesting CSB on these forums

Bro let me tell you about the time I stubbed my toe...

I stubbed it.

Edited by noles1983
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

An injury story might be the least interesting CSB on these forums

I’ll have you know in my prime Michael Jordan wouldn’t be able to beat me one on one and I’d make Julio Jones look like Kelvin Benjamin after his 10th Krispy Kreme donut.

I pulled my hammy one time and went for 7-120-1 the next day.  Was also against the Chicago Bears.  Hope that helps.

22 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

I pulled my hammy one time and went for 7-120-1 the next day.  Was also against the Chicago Bears.  Hope that helps.

Was that the game when you were a game time decision and Matthew Berry had you on his Hate list?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

I'm wondering if this lack of preseason is causing a problem for WR's not having enough time to ramp up their work in preparation for the season. First Evans, now Kenny G. Injuries could be a big problem this year. I think having quality backups will be more important than ever.

I don't buy this.  These guys had all off season to prepare their bodies for the upcoming season.  If anything, no preseason should reduce the amount of injuries.  I also don't buy the "gotta get your body ready for getting hit".  There is really no logic to having your body get hit viciously now is going to prevent you from getting hurt when you are viciously hit later.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ball So Hard said:

This just seems like Patricia playing Nagy games to me.

And he's supposed to be a rocket scientist. 🙄

Gawd, I just hope he sits, even if it's 2-3 weeks and comes back full strength. It's always the same story when rushed back. 

• Like 3

2020 Draft... Man... Tyreek Hill is sitting there staring at me " Wait remember last year when he injured himself and missed the entire first month of the season".... yeah Kenny G looks good... he wont run out of his hammy !!!! 

42 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

Gawd, I just hope he sits, even if it's 2-3 weeks and comes back full strength. It's always the same story when rushed back. 

2-3 weeks? No thanks, just one game please.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

2-3 weeks? No thanks, just one game please.

Yeah, I hope it's only one, but I just want him fully healed whatever the timeframe. I got fantasy hammy PTSD

3 hours ago, noles1983 said:

Bro let me tell you about the time I stubbed my toe...

I stubbed it.

Don't leave us all hanging, man. Which toe?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I don't buy this.  These guys had all off season to prepare their bodies for the upcoming season.  If anything, no preseason should reduce the amount of injuries.  I also don't buy the "gotta get your body ready for getting hit".  There is really no logic to having your body get hit viciously now is going to prevent you from getting hurt when you are viciously hit later.

Makes total sense.  You train all offseason in a controlled environment.  You can't fully prepare for when you're back running full speed with 21 other guys having to make unexpected split second cuts that can stress your body in ways you can't really simulate.

Prayers to Golladay's bum hamstring, I have high hopes for him this year.

3 hours ago, Illusion_J said:

Makes total sense.  You train all offseason in a controlled environment.  You can't fully prepare for when you're back running full speed with 21 other guys having to make unexpected split second cuts that can stress your body in ways you can't really simulate.

You are doubling down on your illogical stance.  Got it.  Agree to disagree.  Moving on. 

• Haha 1

Give him two weeks off.     At least enough time to keep me from facing him.

8 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I feel you on the viciously part. Ain't nothing good or avoidable on that. But then it comes to taking contact, hits, and playing football, being in the rhythm of it does help. The more that you get hit and fall (not the vicious hits), the more you subconsciously learn to compensate and not take big impacts. Plus, there's a notable difference between soft tissues injuries and getting banged up. Granted, sometimes things like a hamstring strain can be caused from taking a hit and increasing inflammation in point A (quad) and compensating in point b (hamstring). 

All in all, I agree with you, but I wouldn't say that there's no logic in getting into football shape,, probably mentally more than physically, to avoid injury. Is the horse dead yet?

Just now, aapox said:

I feel you on the viciously part. Ain't nothing good or avoidable on that. But then it comes to taking contact, hits, and playing football, being in the rhythm of it does help. The more that you get hit and fall (not the vicious hits), the more you subconsciously learn to compensate and not take big impacts. Plus, there's a notable difference between soft tissues injuries and getting banged up. Granted, sometimes things like a hamstring strain can be caused from taking a hit and increasing inflammation in point A (quad) and compensating in point b (hamstring). 

All in all, I agree with you, but I wouldn't say that there's no logic in getting into football shape,, probably mentally more than physically, to avoid injury. Is the horse dead yet?

Mental for sure.  Physical...nah.  Not at this level.  You have been playing football since high school or later....your body (and mind) know how to react....it's not like these guys are spending years away from the game...it is 8 months. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Mental for sure.  Physical...nah.  Not at this level.  You have been playing football since high school or later....your body (and mind) know how to react....it's not like these guys are spending years away from the game...it is 8 months. 

Yeah I mean... how bad can it get?

kelvin-e1544225543386.png

• Haha 2

I tweaked my hamstring a few days before my championship game in high school. I went on to score 4 TDs for Polk High in 1966. Man up, Kenny.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I Was an athlete and NEVER had a real hamstring Injury. I do remember having it cramp up on me in one of my high school games but stretched it out and missed maybe 3 plays. Unacceptable

And my coach in high school said he'd be disappointed if he doesn't see a hamstring injury in the season.  Injuries happens when one plays hard, you must be soft.

On to fantasy, does this help Marvin if he sits out, more targets. Or does it hurt marvin with more attention?