Boudewijn

Kenny Golladay 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, Andy Mick said:

Lotta people have their championship in week 1 here. Odd. 

Fair point, but I know a few who are in leagues where season long points are a separate prize pool from head to head. Lots of different reasons that it can be frustrating to start off on the wrong foot, for sure.

Yeah. Some people are messing about, but you know, it does suck to have your guy go down before even playing a game - particularly as it wasn’t expected (for most of us). I get the need to vent.

I told you not to draft Kenny G but you didn't listen.

17 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

You did ? lol 

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

You did ? lol 

No lol

20 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Fair point, but I know a few who are in leagues where season long points are a separate prize pool from head to head. Lots of different reasons that it can be frustrating to start off on the wrong foot, for sure.

Meh, even if he played and was healthy he could have had a 4-60 game. Draft good backups and have a plug and play WR on your bench.

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

You did ? lol 

I actually drafted Kenny G in all my of my leagues this year but i guess that makes me a bad fantasy football player for not predicting he would get hurt before week 1, i guess i don't have the 8 ball that some RW forum posters possess that tells them when players will get hurt and not to start them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

I actually drafted Kenny G in all my of my leagues this year but i guess that makes me a bad fantasy football player for not predicting he would get hurt before week 1, i guess i don't have the 8 ball that some RW forum posters possess that tells them when players will get hurt and not to start them.

But Kenny G is actually talented enough to start in fantasy, unlike Duke Johnson.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

But Kenny G is actually talented enough to start in fantasy, unlike Duke Johnson.

giphy.gif

Talent is not the only criteria when it comes to Fantasy football points my friend.

All the talent in the world doesn't mean anything if you don't see the field.

Edited by pdog109

Hopefully this isn’t like his rookie year. Strained hammy kept him out 5 weeks smh. 

This hampered hamstring obviously sucks, but there's still a good chance he misses this game, gets right, and still plays 15 and has a great season. Let's not get too down.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, aapox said:

This hampered hamstring obviously sucks, but there's still a good chance he misses this game, gets right, and still plays 15 and has a great season. Let's not get too down.

most def. Better for him to sit and get healthy first

• Like 1

A large part of me doesn't think his sudden hammy injury is legit.  It might be Patricia playing Patriot games, where key players mysteriously show up on the injury report throughout the week yet find a way to suit up on Sunday.  It's also possible Kenny is exaggerating it, as hammy injuries are difficult to diagnose, and he and the Lions are in the midst of contract negotiations.  Might not want to get hurt and lose out on 10's of millions. 

Real or exaggerated, the uncertainty still sucks for us fantasy owners, but If he's somehow active today I think I'm playing him.  

4 hours ago, Honolulu Blue Balls said:

A large part of me doesn't think his sudden hammy injury is legit.  It might be Patricia playing Patriot games, where key players mysteriously show up on the injury report throughout the week yet find a way to suit up on Sunday.  It's also possible Kenny is exaggerating it, as hammy injuries are difficult to diagnose, and he and the Lions are in the midst of contract negotiations.  Might not want to get hurt and lose out on 10's of millions. 

Real or exaggerated, the uncertainty still sucks for us fantasy owners, but If he's somehow active today I think I'm playing him.  

I hope it's just patriot games.  It could also be the player overplaying the injury to get out of practice.   

I'm still cautious and getting a backup plan in case he's ruled out. 

4 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Interesting that he hasn’t been ruled out yet.

Wish they would tbh, for those of us with IR spots.

6 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Wish they would tbh, for those of us with IR spots.

He's been ruled inactive

1 minute ago, cdd10 said:

He's been ruled inactive

Yeah, only somebody at Yahoo needs to wake up.

3 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

Get well Kung Fu Kenny. We got a long journey ahead of us...

Wednesday will be very telling. Fingers crossed he returns to practice this week.

• Like 1