euphoriahbo

Undervalued and Overvalued Fantasy Players

11 minutes ago, ChiSox1390 said:

Seahawks are overrated; I cannot see them being good this year.

Rinse and repeat every offseason

then they’ll make the playoffs and probably win a game.   That’s the beauty of Russell Wilson.   And they actually have a wr group this season.      Seattle wins the wildcard.  

On 5/20/2020 at 2:43 PM, Magoo said:

6) Guice - it seems his burst and tackle breaking has been completely unaffected by injuries. Top 5 running talent imo.  Think AP could get cut and Gibson is not a threat. Plus it's redraft not dynasty so who cares that he'll have short career in all likelihood.

Yeah, I’m sorry I don’t even dislike the guy.. but there is no chance hell that Guice is a top 5 “running talent”. Barkley, CMC, Zeke, Chubb, Cook, Kamara, Hunt, Jacobs, Henry, Mixon are all EASILY ahead of him, just as talents. And that’s is even if Guice was/is somehow fully healthy. That’s also not even including ones I personally would also say Aaron Jones, Sanders, Gurley, and the rookies Clyde/JT etc.

Oh.. and Gibson is for sure a threat. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

Yeah, I’m sorry I don’t even dislike the guy.. but there is no chance hell that Guice is a top 5 “running talent”. Barkley, CMC, Zeke, Chubb, Cook, Kamara, Hunt, Jacobs, Henry, Mixon are all EASILY ahead of him, just as talents. And that’s is even if Guice was/is somehow fully healthy. That’s also not even including ones I personally would also say Aaron Jones, Sanders, Gurley, and the rookies Clyde/JT etc.

To say nothing of the fact that Guice is - again - rehabbing an injury that ended his 2019.  Too soon to tell whether his performance will still be completely unaffected by injury in 2020.

13 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

then they’ll make the playoffs and probably win a game.   That’s the beauty of Russell Wilson.   And they actually have a wr group this season.      Seattle wins the wildcard.  

Agreed.  If only they had a coach that wouldn't hamstring the best QB in football(IMO) for three quarters.  As a Niner fan I hope Petey never changes.

8 hours ago, LarryDavid said:

Don’t know about the Gibson part-  looks like Kalen Ballage 2 to me.    

Agree about Guice.  He hasn’t proven anything other than an occasional flash before another devastating injury.   

You all know how this ends.   Purple Jesus leads the skins in carries again

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, LarryDavid said:

I'm probably extrapolating too much from those two games he looked great and it may seem unlikely but does anyone doubt if he played 14+ games he'd return at worst high-end RB2 value?  IF he's healthy then he's not losing meaningful carries to AP.

Gibson is intriguing as a return/slot/gadget player but no chance for significant carries at RB. Zero  His speed means absolutely nothing without real burst.  And he has none. 

Edited by Magoo

On 5/21/2020 at 8:48 AM, Impreza178 said:

If Hyde or Devonta sign with the Seahawks.

They are sneaky RB2's you can get very late in the draft. They both have the ability to take over the majority of touches.

2 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

If Hyde or Devonta sign with the Seahawks.

They are sneaky RB2's you can get very late in the draft. They both have the ability to take over the majority of touches.

What makes you think they would be top 24 in Seattle? Do you anticipate Carson, Penny and Dallas being total afterthought?

Posted (edited)

In short - Yes.

Although not an afterthought, Penny and Carson may never be the same.  Relying on a rookie is unwise.    Either Hyde or Freeman could literally be the starter on week 1. IF the Carson and Penny do not come back to old form , then the same thing happens.

There are far worse gambles to be made late in the draft.

Edited by Sivaro

Just now, Sivaro said:

In short - Yes.

Although not an afterthought, Penny and Carson may never be the same.  Relying on a rookie is unwise.    Either Hyde or Freeman could literally be the starter on week 1. IF Carson and Penny do not come back to old form, then the same thing happens.

I agree that they would make fine late round dart throws but disagree that they would provide regular RB2 value. Carson is expected to be ready week 1. Once Penny comes back the backfield would become more convoluted.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Sivaro said:

In short - Yes.

Although not an afterthought, Penny and Carson may never be the same.  Relying on a rookie is unwise.    Either Hyde or Freeman could literally be the starter on week 1. IF the Carson and Penny do not come back to old form , then the same thing happens.

Hyde is also coming off a pretty major surgery, yes a torn labrum isn’t as big of a deal for RBs as say it is for a WR but Hyde himself may not be ready for week 1.

Whoever is the top back in Seattle is automatically a locked in high end RB2 due to their reluctance to turn Wilson loose, so I could see Hyde having a few weeks of RB2 value if Penny/Carson are out but the same could go for Carson and Penny. 

There are worse late round dart throws than the early season handcuff to a RB in one of the top running offenses in the NFL.

Edited by Ddam2013
  • Like 1

I still don't understand the Juju love. Makes no sense to me. The guy is a complementary slot receiver who needs a true #1 like AB to open up the field for him. He's an easy "Do Not Draft" guy for me in all leagues 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, euphoriahbo said:

I still don't understand the Juju love. Makes no sense to me. The guy is a complementary slot receiver who needs a true #1 like AB to open up the field for him. He's an easy "Do Not Draft" guy for me in all leagues 

It’s because he has been hyped since his college days and plays for a franchise with a huge fanbase. That’s it

Allen Robinson posts 2 WR1 reasons with Bortles and Trubisky, but Juju can’t beat Taylor Gabriel and Chris Conley because his QB is bad?

Edited by mocha4313

On 5/17/2020 at 9:58 AM, sSektor said:

Overvalued - Kyler Murray. No way he should be the 4th QB off the board ahead of Wilson and Watson. Theres too much risk of a slump as the league adjusts to Arizonas offense.

Undervalued - Fournette. Over 1600 total yards and 76 receptions on a dumpster fire team that couldn't get a lead or run block? Trade rumors should boost his value. Currently a steal at his ADP.

I had Fournette last season, every game he had 17 carries for negative 3 yards and then bust one for 89 yards. Every game without fail

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Coprolagnia said:

I had Fournette last season, every game he had 17 carries for negative 3 yards and then bust one for 89 yards. Every game without fail

So what you're saying is, he had a decent game almost every week and then in 11/16 games managed to snap off at least one 15+ yard run/catch to make it even better? Yep, that's correct.

image.png.36c5bea52962af2eea86e23d42d09420.png

What you said more or less happened against the Titans on Sept 19: he had 23 touches for 23 yards and then had a 69 yd run up the middle in the 4th quarter to save your day. So if you watched only that game, then yes, it happened every week I guess.

Edited by Boudewijn

On 5/17/2020 at 12:58 PM, sSektor said:

Overvalued - Kyler Murray. No way he should be the 4th QB off the board ahead of Wilson and Watson. Theres too much risk of a slump as the league adjusts to Arizonas offense.

Wilson no but I would take Kyler over Watson with little hesitation. 

9 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

It’s because he has been hyped since his college days and plays for a franchise with a huge fanbase. That’s it

Allen Robinson posts 2 WR1 reasons with Bortles and Trubisky, but Juju can’t beat Taylor Gabriel and Chris Conley because his QB is bad?

I think it's more to the fact of him having first to adapt to not having AB on the other side of the field. Then to lose his QB in week 2, he was on a sinking ship in 2019. For the numbers, the guy had 2 of the best seasons in WR history for his first two seasons in the NFL. I think you can attribute some of the that to having AB on the other side but I don't think you can discount him after one wrecked season. He is a strong buy for me this year. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

So what you're saying is, he had a decent game almost every week and then in 11/16 games managed to snap off at least one 15+ yard run/catch to make it even better? Yep, that's correct.

image.png.36c5bea52962af2eea86e23d42d09420.png

What you said more or less happened against the Titans on Sept 19: he had 23 touches for 23 yards and then had a 69 yd run up the middle in the 4th quarter to save your day. So if you watched only that game, then yes, it happened every week I guess.

Taking away his longest run of the game you have:

Wk. 2 - 14 carries / 2.3 yds avg.

Wk. 3 - 14 carries /  -0.21 yds avg. yes thats negative

WK. 5 - 22 carries / 2.7 yds avg.

Wk. 6 - 19 carries / 2.9 yds avg.

Wk. 8 - 18 carries / 0.5 yds avg.

Wk. 9 - 10 carries / 2.9 yds avg.

Wk. 11 - 7 carries / 1.8 yds avg.

Wk. 13 - 13 carries / 2.1 yds avg.

Wk. 14 - 14 carries / 2.7 yds avg.

Wk. 15 - 14 carries / 1.7 yds avg.

Every week not listed he had over 3 avg yards (not by much) I saw the games on stat tracker, it wasnt pretty

Edited by Coprolagnia

9 hours ago, Coprolagnia said:

Sounds exactly like that early season game against the Titans when the fantasy community left him for dead.

1 hour ago, Coprolagnia said:

Taking away his longest run of the game

Ooooh I love this game.

Since you're hypothetically taking something away can I also hypothetically add something? Like an oline that could actually block?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Ooooh I love this game.

Since you're hypothetically taking something away can I also hypothetically add something? Like an oline that could actually block?

except it actually happened he had dozens of runs for 1-2 yards and then 1-2 long one that saved his stat line.

Edited by Coprolagnia

7 minutes ago, Coprolagnia said:

except it actually happened he had dozens of runs for 1-2 yards and then 1-2 long one that saved his stat line.

indeed

but you can’t simply remove a players ability to break a big play when the D gives them an opening.   That’s not a random event-  he did it repeatedly.

58 minutes ago, Coprolagnia said:

So you're knocking him for eventually overcoming his teams poor run blocking and getting a big gain ever game. Got it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sSektor said:

So you're knocking him for eventually overcoming his teams poor run blocking and getting a big gain ever game. Got it.

not every game alot of times his longest run was 14 yards and if I remember correctly he didn't have good games in FF playoffs and also very few touchdowns even though he had plenty of goalline opportunities...if you call that overcoming than I guess he is undervalued, but I strongly disagree.

1 hour ago, Coprolagnia said:

not every game alot of times his longest run was 14 yards and if I remember correctly he didn't have good games in FF playoffs and also very few touchdowns even though he had plenty of goalline opportunities...if you call that overcoming than I guess he is undervalued, but I strongly disagree.

1700 yards with 76 receptions on a dumpster fire team that barely played with a lead. Bad TD luck be damned I'll sign up for that in the 3rd round without a second thought. If he had a handful more TDs last season we wouldn't even be having this argument. But alas he grinded out all those yards with an occasional big play.

• Like 2