euphoriahbo

Undervalued and Overvalued Fantasy Players

4 minutes ago, sSektor said:

1700 yards with 76 receptions on a dumpster fire team that barely played with a lead. Bad TD luck be damned I'll sign up for that in the 3rd round without a second thought. If he had a handful more TDs last season we wouldn't even be having this argument. But alas he grinded out all those yards with an occasional big play.

This

And even with fewer receptions- almost a given-  they should be on the field more with Minshew in his second year.   With more TD plunges.    

3rd round I’ll seriously consider

4th round DRAFT IMMEDIATELY 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, codog24 said:

I think it's more to the fact of him having first to adapt to not having AB on the other side of the field. Then to lose his QB in week 2, he was on a sinking ship in 2019. For the numbers, the guy had 2 of the best seasons in WR history for his first two seasons in the NFL. I think you can attribute some of the that to having AB on the other side but I don't think you can discount him after one wrecked season. He is a strong buy for me this year. 

I still disagree on the "strong buy" part for Juju but I understand this line of thought at least. It is still hard for me to justify finishing as WR61 in half PPR; and looking at the ADP, I think there are guys who have proven more capability as an alpha WR in that range I would rather have

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 3:36 PM, FreakFries said:

Overvalued- AJ Brown. Beast talent in a terrible situation. AJB had 7 or more targets only 4 times the entire season and none of those were in the playoffs. He only had 82 total targets on the season. He will need at least 120-130 targets to be a WR1. Also AJB had insane YAC last year and that is almost definitely going to dip. Having D Henry to smash the ball in in the red zone and being on a run first team doesn’t help either. 

Yeah, but his QB on that run first team still was on pace for over 4100 yds and 35 TDs, which is more than enough to support a fantasy WR. Going into his second year, I expect Brown to make progression in his game and total targets. 

He had 7 targets or more 5 times, and they were all over the final 10 games of the season, which is a bit of an encouragement. I’m not proclaiming Brown to be a surefire WR1 this year, but I think he’s going to challenge for that. In my Half-PPR league, he was the WR15 in 2019. With a full season with Tannehill under center and the expected progression from rookie to sophomore, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Brown make a leap. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Yeah, but his QB on that run first team still was on pace for over 4100 yds and 35 TDs, which is more than enough to support a fantasy WR. Going into his second year, I expect Brown to make progression in his game and total targets. 

He had 7 targets or more 5 times, and they were all over the final 10 games of the season, which is a bit of an encouragement. I’m not proclaiming Brown to be a surefire WR1 this year, but I think he’s going to challenge for that. In my Half-PPR league, he was the WR15 in 2019. With a full season with Tannehill under center and the expected progression from rookie to sophomore, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Brown make a leap. 

This sort of reminds me of Tyler Lockett (even though I think AJB is a bigger talent) he could do it again but he’s on a run first team and will have to make the most of his targets. Tyler Lockett does this every year but he is helped by having one of the best QBs in football. Certainly possible but Tannehill will have to keep playing  like he did last year which was at the highest level of his career

I love AJB but a lot of things have to go right for him to keep going at the clip he was last year. Like Lockett he certainly could but I don’t know if I want to take that sort of swing with some of the other players available at that ADP

Undervalued = Hayden Hurst

1) Dirk Koetter's pass-heavy offense

2) He's taking over Austin Hooper's role in which Hooper was a Top 3 TE before he got injured

3) Hurst is more talented than Hooper. Falcons traded a 2nd round pick for him for a reason.

4) Julio and Ridley on the outside guarantees him 1-on-1 matchups over the middle. 

Top 5 TE finish wouldn't surprise me. He's the guy to target if you want to wait on TE (smart play this year) and steal one late.

• Thanks 1

Overvalued = Evan Engram.

Giants are committed to running the ball under Jason Garrett. They signed an inline 280 pound TE Levine Toilolo to do that. Engram is an Air Raid TE, a complementary piece in this offense. The passing game will be evenly distributed among Slayton, Shepard, Tate, Engram, and Barkley out the backfield. That ADP is insanely high. Let someone else draft Evan Engram.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Overvalued=those with limted nfl experience

undervalued=the vets that have done it before

Think coronavirus lockdown

gonna be a lot of championships won with the average ages around 27-30

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins
  • Like 1

Overvalued = Adam Thielen

Similar to Juju. Needs an alpha #1 WR on the outside drawing all the attention so he can eat in the slot. Even when he had that 100-yard game streak, Diggs was always the most dangerous WR on the team and the guy who defenses game planned around, allowing Thielen to produce. His elite production all came with Diggs on the field, much like all of Juju's production came with AB on the field. The deep threat Diggs isn't there anymore, they replaced him with a slot receiver, meaning Thielen is just an ordinary WR in Fantasy. Let someone else draft Theilen at that ADP.

11 hours ago, euphoriahbo said:

Overvalued = Adam Thielen

Similar to Juju. Needs an alpha #1 WR on the outside drawing all the attention so he can eat in the slot. Even when he had that 100-yard game streak, Diggs was always the most dangerous WR on the team and the guy who defenses game planned around, allowing Thielen to produce. His elite production all came with Diggs on the field, much like all of Juju's production came with AB on the field. The deep threat Diggs isn't there anymore, they replaced him with a slot receiver, meaning Thielen is just an ordinary WR in Fantasy. Let someone else draft Theilen at that ADP.

JuJu had to deal with injuries and Duck Rudolph throwing him the football. This is a dangerous analogy to make as you are attributing JuJu's lack of success entirely to not having AB opposite of him and that is just the tip of the iceberg to the full picture of the variables that conspired against him last season. Had JuJu played with a healthy Big Ben and the 140+ targets he would have received this would not be an analogy at all. 

Justin Jefferson is no slouch and Kirk Cousins >>>>>>>>Duck Rudolph. Thielen will be fine and nothing about his WR15 ADP says he is being overrated.

• Like 2

DJ Chark is easily the most underrated player as of now. See his thread for further analysis.

16 hours ago, paulwall29 said:

DJ Chark is easily the most underrated player as of now. See his thread for further analysis.

Yes Sir.....I'm on my way.  😉

Over valued is brown. Knows nothing. Such a superstar yet can’t be part of a team. 

3 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Over valued is brown. Knows nothing. Such a superstar yet can’t be part of a team. 

Who are you talking about and what does that even mean? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, LarryDavid said:

Who are you talking about and what does that even mean? 

Antonio Brown

7 hours ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

Undervalued: Gurley, Thielen, Edelman, Chark

Gurley is properly valued and Edleman is probably overvalued if anything.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Evincar said:

Gurley is properly valued and Edleman is probably overvalued if anything.

Theilen overvalued too imo.  Same reason JuJu is still