Sivaro

WR First Strategy for 2020

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I love when people think that. Just having stud WRs drop. Was fun owning Julio and Brown in 2015.

I don’t see how anyone can take like Mixon over Hill or Adams for example. The goal early in the draft is to get players that won’t be useless. That’s no guarantee with ANY rb. 

I’m pretty confident Mixon won’t be useless,  so starting (for example)...Dalvin/Mixon over Hill/Julio is just fine imo.    It’s what you do in rounds 3-5 that will determine which one ultimately comes out ahead.    It’s not like WRs are immune to injury or weeks of falling victim to the increased spreading around of passing targets.     

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I’m pretty confident Mixon won’t be useless,  so starting (for example)...Dalvin/Mixon over Hill/Julio is just fine imo.    It’s what you do in rounds 3-5 that will determine which one ultimately comes out ahead.    It’s not like WRs are immune to injury or weeks of falling victim to the increased spreading around of passing targets.     

Well i rather have Dalvin over Hill or Julio so sure. You can also make a case for Mixon and maybe Henry as legitimate late first early second picks. That’s really it though. Mixon and Jones for example doesn’t really sit too well with me. Way too much risk early. 

No one is immune to injury. WRs are just immune to a lot more than rbs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Well i rather have Dalvin over Hill or Julio so sure. You can also make a case for Mixon and maybe Henry as legitimate late first early second picks. That’s really it though. Mixon and Jones for example doesn’t really sit too well with me. Way too much risk early. 

No one is immune to injury. WRs are just immune to a lot more than rbs. 

 

Mixon > Hill and Julio for 2020

Hill is boom-or-bust, is prone to leaving games early and giving you a clunker, and because he is small, is injury prone. A hamstring tweak is always at risk with him.

Julio is 31 and just had his lowest yardage total since 2013, and he doesn't score many TDs.

Mixon vs Adams is a tough call.

Edited by euphoriahbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Well i rather have Dalvin over Hill or Julio so sure. You can also make a case for Mixon and maybe Henry as legitimate late first early second picks. That’s really it though. Mixon and Jones for example doesn’t really sit too well with me. Way too much risk early. 

No one is immune to injury. WRs are just immune to a lot more than rbs. 

Fair

Moral of the story:  there’s not a magic recipe for success.  
 

Tiers help me a lot.   3 WRs on the board in tier 2 means I can go rb now...and still nab one of those wideouts on the turn.   Even if I have the WRs ranked higher than the rb— you’re building the best team possible.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Look how quickly RBs drop off into Nothing

Here's the 0.5 ppr FantasyPros rankings

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/half-point-ppr-cheatsheets.php

 

The Mendoza Line for RBs:

Kareem Hunt, RB28, #67 overall

Hunt is the last useful RB you can draft. He's only the 67th overall pick!

The next 3 RBs after RB28 Hunt: Akers, Guice, Michel. Yuck.

James White w/o Brady? Jordan Howard? Vaughn? Yuck!

After pick 67 (Kareem Hunt), compare the # of useful WRs with the # of useful RBs...there are significantly more WRs to choose from! Not even close.

You can find WR2/Flex type WRs everywhere. Boyd at 74. Gallup at 79. Fuller at 85. Marvin Jones at 91. John Brown at 96. Brandin Cooks at 99. Shepard at 105. Sanders at 110.

 

Do you see the point??

 

 

 

Edited by euphoriahbo
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, euphoriahbo said:

 

Mixon > Hill and Julio for 2020

Hill is boom-or-bust, is prone to leaving games early and giving you a clunker, and because he is small, is injury prone. A hamstring tweak is always at risk with him.

Julio is 31 and just had his lowest yardage total since 2013, and he doesn't score many TDs.

Mixon vs Adams is a tough call.

Your Hill statement is flat out wrong. He only has two games under 50 yards in the last two seasons. I already debunked this in the Hill thread:

"In terms of consistency, last season he had 0 games under 7.5 points (half-PPR and not including the ones he left due to injury). The season prior he had 3 such games and the season before that 4. So 7 games over 3 years. Over that time span he only has 1 game under 5. Julio has 6 such games with 3 under 5. Adams has 5 games over that stretch with 1 under 5 as well ( I don't know why you wouldn't factor last season into it). 

Yes, Hill is boom or bust. However, his bust isn't bust in the traditional sense. His bust games tend to still be sufficient enough. He's not going to get you 30 points and then 2-3 points. He's going to get you 30 points and likely 7-10 points."

Hill has also played in 92% of his career games. Injury prone my a**...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I love when people think that. Just having stud WRs drop. Was fun owning Julio and Brown in 2015.

I don’t see how anyone can take like Mixon over Hill or Adams for example. The goal early in the draft is to get players that won’t be useless. That’s no guarantee with ANY rb. 


Man that 2015 was a Wild year. All the RB injuries and then julio, AB, and Odell all going off really made the pendulum swing to the 0 RB strategy in 2016.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, euphoriahbo said:

All-RB strategy (Take RB in first 5 rounds) is better than the one in the OP

I plan on keeping three rbs and drafting at least one more early. Kind of easy to trade after one week when people crap their pants over the zero qb strategy. 
 

wait on qbs, wait on tes... work the wire early and aggressively if you have fab. Yawn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2020 at 12:48 PM, Sivaro said:

 “The point of the WR first theory is to start the runs, be the first at every category you can .  Again, the theory is , if you wait to draft a RB, you must get top 3 at every other category.  In other words.  YOU will lead the pack when it comes to all the other positions.  In truth, in neither draft did I get the No 1 Defense ( San Fran) as the run on defenses started in the 8th. I would have drafted San Fran in the 8th had they been available, securing another #1 seed at another Position.“


Like others, I didn’t like it much, especially the part about drafting DEF way sooner than you have to. What got me thinking was when you said get #1’s at every other position. So I tried it at fantasypros.com., this is .5ppr, 12-team. I don’t really like this team, but if I can get a ‘back or two to break, I love it! 
 

1.) Devante Adams (wr) 
2.) Travis Kelce (te)             
3.) D.J. Moore (wr)   
4.) D.J. Chalk (wr)    
5.) Russell Wilson (qb) 

6.) Raheem Mostert (rb)   
7.) Cam Akers (rb)     
8.) Ronald Jones II (rb)
9.) J.K. Dobbins (rb)   
10.) Zack Moss (rb)
11.) Alexander Mattison (rb)    
12.) Damien Harris (rb)  

13.) Austin Hooper (te)  

14.) Lam Perine (rb)    
15.) Dwayne Haskins (qb)

My leagues draft in early July so I drafted as I otherwise would. Rounds 10-12 are I would do anyway, but I feel like I need some luck & early. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by markrc99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, markrc99 said:


Like others, I didn’t like it much, especially the part about drafting DEF way sooner than you have to. What got me thinking was when you said get #1’s at every other position. So I tried it at fantasypros.com., this is .5ppr, 12-team. I don’t really like this team, but if I can get a ‘back or two to break, I love it! 
 

1.) Devante Adams (wr) 
2.) Travis Kelce (te)             
3.) D.J. Moore (wr)   
4.) D.J. Chalk (wr)    
5.) Russell Wilson (qb) 

6.) Raheem Mostert (rb)   
7.) Cam Akers (rb)     
8.) Ronald Jones II (rb)
9.) J.K. Dobbins (rb)   
10.) Zack Moss (rb)
11.) Alexander Mattison (rb)    
12.) Damien Harris (rb)  

13.) Austin Hooper (te)  

14.) Lam Perine (rb)    
15.) Dwayne Haskins (qb)

My leagues draft in early July so I drafted as I otherwise would. Rounds 10-12 are I would do anyway, but I feel like I need some luck & early. 

 

 

 

 

Good lord. Moore, Chark, and Mostert I wouldn’t draft anywhere near that high.

I do like drafting 7 RBs straight. You pretty much have to do something like that. Drafting a D/ST in the 8th is just insanity. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, markrc99 said:


Like others, I didn’t like it much, especially the part about drafting DEF way sooner than you have to. What got me thinking was when you said get #1’s at every other position. So I tried it at fantasypros.com., this is .5ppr, 12-team. I don’t really like this team, but if I can get a ‘back or two to break, I love it! 
 

1.) Devante Adams (wr) 
2.) Travis Kelce (te)             
3.) D.J. Moore (wr)   
4.) D.J. Chalk (wr)    
5.) Russell Wilson (qb) 

6.) Raheem Mostert (rb)   
7.) Cam Akers (rb)     
8.) Ronald Jones II (rb)
9.) J.K. Dobbins (rb)   
10.) Zack Moss (rb)
11.) Alexander Mattison (rb)    
12.) Damien Harris (rb)  

13.) Austin Hooper (te)  

14.) Lam Perine (rb)    
15.) Dwayne Haskins (qb)

My leagues draft in early July so I drafted as I otherwise would. Rounds 10-12 are I would do anyway, but I feel like I need some luck & early. 

 

Quote

 

 

 

I admit it takes practice to get good using the system and getting #1's at every other position.   I have to ask, what postilion did you draft from?    Later rounds?

I like the roster.  Both Adams and Moore are solid picks.   Kelce will put up great numbers.  So those are the 3 powerhouse picks.  Going Chark in the 4th was the big gamble.   At that pick you probably had a top 5 QB still on the board.  Russel is outside the top 5, although he is super solid as well.

Mostert is a great pick at 6th.  with Breida gone, and what he did last year,  He is good to go, and I expect Akers to play the Miles Sanders role ( eagles last year)   until he takes over the backfield later in the year.  His Receiving chops will get you points in PPR every week, you wont get a 0 .  Ronald Jones could absolutely be a league winner this year.  He could just as likely bust, but I like him enough to take the chance at that pick too.

The other two are wait and see. ( I think Harris is going to surprise this year.)     Hooper is a steal at 13!

Solid draft and this team can compete.    I think you could have gone DEF/Kicker earlier to secure the best in those positions( and could have easily had them ,losing only some rb gambles, Mattison,Moss,  Perine) .  You would be surprised how good it feels week to week.  knowing the top D and K are going to put up points.  No more combing the waiver wire every week and stressing about it.

Not bad at all, overall.   Proof it can be done!

And you had some fun trying it.  Cheers

Edited by Sivaro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

15 hours ago, Sivaro said:

“I admit it takes practice to get good using the system and getting #1's at every other position. I have to ask, what postilion did you draft from? ... Going Chark in the 4th was the big gamble. At that pick you probably had a top 5 QB still on the board. Russel is outside the top 5, although he is super solid as well. Mostert is a great pick ... and I expect Akers to play the Miles Sanders role (eagles last year) until he takes over the backfield later in the year.... Ronald Jones could absolutely be a league winner this year. He could just as likely bust, but I like him enough to take the chance at that pick too.

The other two are wait and see (I think Harris is going to surprise this year). Hooper is a steal at 13! ... I think you could have gone DEF/Kicker earlier to secure the best in those positions (and could have easily had them, losing only some rb gambles, Mattison, Moss, Perine). You would be surprised how good it feels week to week, knowing the top D and K are going to put up points. No more combing the waiver wire every week and stressing about it.“


I meant to include that I drafted from the same slot you did (6th). As for D.J. Moore, I reran the simulator twice now & he’s not there in the 4th. I can agree there are other choices, but to me he’s the best one. Chark I like, he went early 5th in one of my redos & then at the back of the 5th in the other. At rotoballer they have Moore ranked 37th overall & Chark just 10 selections later. Lean, a sub-200lb player, cradle catches well placed throws. But did not put the ball on the ground, didn’t drop anything & made some impressive catches. For a 2nd yr player, he put up excellent numbers through their first 10 gms. New OC Jay Gruden runs a west-coast offense but likes to run combination routes downfield. I read that Gardner Minshew was one of the better deep throwers & Chark had strong hands, excellent length & speed. A lot of moving parts for sure, but if they get things ironed out, I think his target rate continues an upward trajectory.

Mostert in the 6th Rd, when I had NO RBs felt like a must. If there was another RB that others prefer, it wasn’t anyone I had to reach for. The next RB taken was Kareem Hunt. It’s just me but Hunt, Ke’ Vaughn & Sony Michel are among the most overrated options. Had Lazard been there in the 8th I would’ve taken him & looked for Jones in the 9th. Now, to sacrifice any combination of Moss, Mattison or Harris for a DEF & K obliterates any chance that roster has. The only thing between all three & RB1 status is opportunity. What happened with Harris, accordingly, it’s a complicated system & him being a healthy scratch is what they also did with Shane Vereen & James White. If, when you draft, he’s on the active roster, perhaps even reportedly has the playbook mastered, I wouldn’t be drafting Michel... 

My experience with DEF has been just the opposite of what you suggest. I haven’t played in leagues with standard scoring for DEF/ST for several years now & here’s why: every time that NextGen light turned green, meaning, my DEF was on the field, I hated it. We discussed standard scoring a few years ago. That hokey shutout bonus, where every DEF is awarded 10 pts before the game even starts, multiplied by 16 gms equals 160 points. It was after the 2017, after all that, only one DEF had scored more than the 160 points they were all awarded. It was Kansas City & even there, they only scored 166 points. So for every single other DEF, it wasn’t about how many points they scored but which of them lost the fewest. And of course, all the popular choices scored anywhere from less than 160 to about 145 points. That is not fun, what’s way more exciting is scrapping the shutout bonus & adding in it’s place, the return game. DEF/ST units score a lot more & there’s no more losing points. 
 

I’ve been playing for 5 years & the thing I’ve learned about settings is that 2 QBs in the starting lineup, adding TE to the flex position, having 14 or more teams & standard scoring for DEF, all wreck your wire! It’s always great to be lucky, but the next best thing is gold on the wire! 

Edited by markrc99
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, markrc99 said:

 


I meant to include that I drafted from the same slot you did (6th). As for D.J. Moore, I reran the simulator twice now & he’s not there in the 4th. I can agree there are other choices, but to me he’s the best one. Chark I like, he went early 5th in one of my redos & then at the back of the 5th in the other. At rotoballer they have Moore ranked 37th overall & Chark just 10 selections later. Lean, a sub-200lb player, cradle catches well placed throws. But did not put the ball on the ground, didn’t drop anything & made some impressive catches. For a 2nd yr player, he put up excellent numbers through their first 10 gms. New OC Jay Gruden runs a west-coast offense but likes to run combination routes downfield. I read that Gardner Minshew was one of the better deep throwers & Chark had strong hands, excellent length & speed. A lot of moving parts for sure, but if they get things ironed out, I think his target rate continues an upward trajectory.

Mostert in the 6th Rd, when I had NO RBs felt like a must. If there was another RB that others prefer, it wasn’t anyone I had to reach for. The next RB taken was Kareem Hunt. It’s just me but Hunt, Ke’ Vaughn & Sony Michel are among the most overrated options. Had Lazard been there in the 8th I would’ve taken him & looked for Jones in the 9th. Now, to sacrifice any combination of Moss, Mattison or Harris for a DEF & K obliterates any chance that roster has. The only thing between all three & RB1 status is opportunity. What happened with Harris, accordingly, it’s a complicated system & him being a healthy scratch is what they also did with Shane Vereen & James White. If, when you draft, he’s on the active roster, perhaps even reportedly has the playbook mastered, I wouldn’t be drafting Michel... 

My experience with DEF has been just the opposite of what you suggest. I haven’t played in leagues with standard scoring for DEF/ST for several years now & here’s why: every time that NextGen light turned green, meaning, my DEF was on the field, I hated it. We discussed standard scoring a few years ago. That hokey shutout bonus, where every DEF is awarded 10 pts before the game even starts, multiplied by 16 gms equals 160 points. It was after the 2017, after all that, only one DEF had scored more than the 160 points they were all awarded. It was Kansas City & even there, they only scored 166 points. So for every single other DEF, it wasn’t about how many points they scored but which of them lost the fewest. And of course, all the popular choices scored anywhere from less than 160 to about 145 points. That is not fun, what’s way more exciting is scrapping the shutout bonus & adding in it’s place, the return game. DEF/ST units score a lot more & there’s no more losing points. 
 

I’ve been playing for 5 years & the thing I’ve learned about settings is that 2 QBs in the starting lineup, adding TE to the flex position, having 14 or more teams & standard scoring for DEF, all wreck your wire! It’s always great to be lucky, but the next best thing is gold on the wire! 

 

Superb breakdown and analysis. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, markrc99 said:

. I read that Gardner Minshew was one of the better deep throwers....

Dang right about that: not only did Minshew Mania have the third-highest percentage of catchable deep-ball passes (60%, tied with Brees and Daniel Jones) BUT he also completed the second-highest percentage of them (49%, behind Jimmy G and ahead of Mahomes and Brees).  
 

Needless to say, I’ll be targeting Chark aggressively everywhere.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sivaro said:

Superb breakdown and analysis. 


Very kind, thank you. I did look into standard scoring for DEF & New England certainly provided owners with considerable upside (236 pts). However, Pittsburgh & KC were the only two other teams that scored beyond the 160 pt benchmark. I went on too long there & do apologize. Three things: on average I question whether even hitting on a top DEF provides significant upside (obviously, the Patriots an exception). Then as others point out, to reach for the perceived top unit when you don’t have to. Your argument would be much better received if you advocated doing this in the 12th RD. Finally, streaming a DEF isn’t a crapshoot, those who manage it effectively often employ a counter-strategy. Target the lame duck coach, the team that’s tanking, the way before he’s ready rookie QB or the epitome of complete utter ineptitude! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2020 at 10:24 AM, Boudewijn said:

It's not a bad goal in most formats, but it also depends on what your league mates are doing. If everyone is going RB/RB, then there will be value in the WRs.

Don't fix your strategy too rigidly. Always leave room to take value where it exists. Be aware you're not picking in a vacuum, but against other intelligent individuals.

I think Sivaro mostly intended it as a thought experiment and I think that's the smart thing to do. It's easy enough to discard all ideas and stick with what you know; but keeping an open mind can sometimes being you further.

 

You're way too rational for this forum, get out...🤣

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

full ppr i like the idea of getting one good rb in first 3 rds then punting rb2

obviously works well if you land a top 3 pick. would probably do something like this

left after ro jo pick. and taking zeke over m thomas in full ppr is hard

12 team

1. Ezekiel Elliott (Dal - RB)
2. Lamar Jackson (Bal - QB) mahomes went one pick before lamar
3. George Kittle (SF - TE)
4. Keenan Allen (LAC - WR)
5. Calvin Ridley (Atl - WR)
6. Jarvis Landry (Cle - WR)
7. Cam Akers (LAR - RB)
8. Kerryon Johnson (Det - RB)
9. Jerry Jeudy (Den - WR)
10. Ronald Jones II (TB - RB)
11. Minnesota (Min - DEF)
12. Michael Badgley (LAC - K)
13. Dallas Goedert (Phi - TE)
14. Sam Darnold (NYJ - QB)
15. Tampa Bay (TB - DEF)

Edited by colepenhagen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

or you could take m thomas over zeke then grab ingram/conner in the 4th instead of allen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

full ppr i like the idea of getting one good rb in first 3 rds then punting rb2

obviously works well if you land a top 3 pick. would probably do something like this

left after ro jo pick. and taking zeke over m thomas in full ppr is hard

12 team

1. Ezekiel Elliott (Dal - RB)
2. Lamar Jackson (Bal - QB) mahomes went one pick before lamar
3. George Kittle (SF - TE)
4. Keenan Allen (LAC - WR)
5. Calvin Ridley (Atl - WR)
6. Jarvis Landry (Cle - WR)
7. Cam Akers (LAR - RB)
8. Kerryon Johnson (Det - RB)
9. Jerry Jeudy (Den - WR)
10. Ronald Jones II (TB - RB)
11. Minnesota (Min - DEF)
12. Michael Badgley (LAC - K)
13. Dallas Goedert (Phi - TE)
14. Sam Darnold (NYJ - QB)
15. Tampa Bay (TB - DEF)

 

Another silly strategy.

 

Why would you punt on RB2? How is that beneficial? Why would you willingly create a hole in which u would have to rely on the likes of Akers/Kerryon?

 

Drafting 5 RBs in the 1st 5 rounds is actually a smarter strategy than WR-First. It guarantees that you have 3 set-and-forget RBs, and you can always trade 1 solid RB for 2 solid WRs (the inverse doesn't work)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, euphoriahbo said:

 

Another silly strategy.

 

Why would you punt on RB2? How is that beneficial? Why would you willingly create a hole in which u would have to rely on the likes of Akers/Kerryon?

 

Drafting 5 RBs in the 1st 5 rounds is actually a smarter strategy than WR-First. It guarantees that you have 3 set-and-forget RBs, and you can always trade 1 solid RB for 2 solid WRs (the inverse doesn't work)

smh... bust/inj rate of rbs. 2nd string/rooike rbs pop up every year.

 

yea. tell that to barkley, kamara, dj, conner, bell owners that draft a rb in 1st rd or kerryon johnson, freeman in the 2nd or gurly, mack and montgomery in the 3rd and sony in the 3rd/ 4th

yes wr bust just no where near as risky as rb in full ppr

you punt rb2 for a volume/cheap draft capital approach. patchwork rb2 and something will land in time for fantasy playoffs.

 

its all about drafting reliable week in week out healthy consistent players. top tier te, qbs (will draft mahomes every chance i can), and wr are  generally safer options compared to rbs

 

im fine investing one premium pick on a rb if i like them (last year it was aaron jones) but not a fan of using 2 on rbs as it is more risky imo. i can usually draft/stash/faab/match up a solid ppr rb2. and i would be perfectly content rolling with akers/johnson/rojo as my rb2 to start this year with a couple other lotto ticket rbs as long as mahomes/lamar and kelce/kittle and mthomas/zeke stay healthy they will carry me along with my other solid ppr wr.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

smh... bust/inj rate of rbs. 2nd string/rooike rbs pop up every year.

 

yea. tell that to barkley, kamara, dj, conner, bell owners that draft a rb in 1st rd or kerryon johnson, freeman in the 2nd or gurly, mack and montgomery in the 3rd and sony in the 3rd/ 4th

yes wr bust just no where near as risky as rb in full ppr

you punt rb2 for a volume/cheap draft capital approach. patchwork rb2 and something will land in time for fantasy playoffs.

 

its all about drafting reliable week in week out healthy consistent players. top tier te, qbs (will draft mahomes every chance i can), and wr are  generally safer options compared to rbs

 

im fine investing one premium pick on a rb if i like them (last year it was aaron jones) but not a fan of using 2 on rbs as it is more risky imo. i can usually draft/stash/faab/match up a solid ppr rb2. and i would be perfectly content rolling with akers/johnson/rojo as my rb2 to start this year with a couple other lotto ticket rbs as long as mahomes/lamar and kelce/kittle and mthomas/zeke stay healthy they will carry me along with my other solid ppr wr.

 


goes both ways.    Why spend a premium pick on Wr2 spot when there’s 10 rounds of startable pass catchers?    I’ll happily take 3-4 WRs after I have 4 rbs and a TE locked up.   WRs are easier to churn on the wire too.  Everyone waiting for that magic rb waiver while I scoop WRs weekly for nothing.   
 

Edited by Impreza178

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:


goes both ways.    Why spend a premium pick on Wr2 spot when there’s 10 rounds of startable pass catchers?    I’ll happily take 3-4 WRs after I have 4 rbs and a TE locked up.   WRs are easier to churn on the wire too.  Everyone waiting for that magic rb waiver while I scoop WRs weekly for nothing.   
 

thats a bit aggressive and it still comes down to week to week consistency

 

parker was the only wr that wasnt drafted in the first couple rds to finish as a ppr wr1. all other top 11 wr1 were early rd picks

 

ingram  was drafted as a late rb2 (#22 on yahoo composite) finished as top 10 rb (costed top 60-50ish pick if i remember)

sanders drafted rb25 finished as late rb1

drake drafted as rb30 finished as rb 16 (rb7 from weeks 8-16)

 

if you want to play musical chairs with a handful of mid/late rd wr and try and get consistent ppr production week to week then good luck when someone else is rolling out one of m thomas/nuk/adams along with kupp, and landry.  

 

so while there are more startable wr2/3 the the wr that finshed as wr1 where drafted as wr1 (pretty sure most people sane people had kupp, edelmen robinson as ppr wr1) and if you are spending a premium pick on your 2nd wr and hit on him producing wr1 numbers (kupp, edelmen, allen) then you are in good shape.

 

it all comes down to picking the right people  rb or wr but according to last years adp you could of hit on three rb1 after pick 50 vs one wr1 after pick 50

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This strategy was good 5-10 years ago. Now, the elite RBs score much more points than WRs. Plus, the drop off in RBs is quick and sharp.

It's not impossible to make work but you'd need to go wait on QB and TE until late in the draft.. 

Edited by this guy right here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:


goes both ways.    Why spend a premium pick on Wr2 spot when there’s 10 rounds of startable pass catchers?    I’ll happily take 3-4 WRs after I have 4 rbs and a TE locked up.   WRs are easier to churn on the wire too.  Everyone waiting for that magic rb waiver while I scoop WRs weekly for nothing.   
 


+ 1  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.