Sign in to follow this  
rasto21585

Trade Acuna in a Dynasty?

Recommended Posts

Was offered the following trade in my 14 team h2h dynasty league. I was offered trout lindor villar and kluber for acuna bichette scherzer. What do you think of this deal?

 

c sean murphy

1b max muncy

2b ozzie albies

3b rafael devers

ss bo bichette

lf juan soto

cf ronald acuna

rf austin meadows

util yuli gurriel

bn cj cron

bn luke voit

bn omar narvaez

na andrew vaughn

na robert puason

na luis matos

na jeter downs

na julio rodriguez

na erick pena

sp brandon woodruff

sp julio urias

sp max scherzer

rp scott oberg

rp ryan pressly

rp brandon kintzler

p patrick corbin

p alex wood

bn kevin gausman

bn carlos rodon

bn deivi garcia

bn sixto sanchez

bn edward cabrera

bn nathan eovaldi

bn matt shoemaker

na luis patino

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry but this question actually isn't allowed in this forum.  If you look at the horizontal black bar right above your post that says just that.  The Bench Coach Forum is for an individual's team questions so as to not clog up this main baseball forum and is this away:

  https://forums.rotoworld.com/forum/23-bench-coach-help-forum/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah u get hosed not even sure why u would waste time posting it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont know...

 

trout and lindor>>acuna and bichette.

 

villar and kluber< max. but by how much in dynasty?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for those that said no can you explain why?

according to espn and cbs dynasty ranks

 

trout top 3-5 dynasty asset

lindor top 5-8 dynasty asset

vs

acuna top 1 dynasty asset

bichette top 30 dynasty asset (a bit aggressive imo)

max top 75-50 dynasty asset

 

so without factoring in kluber and villar going to the trout/lindor side, value shows trout and lindor wins this deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cause Acuna and bichette a lot younger. In a redraft u are right Lindor trout Villar Klubler wins but 3 years from now Acuna and bichette gonna crush it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep Tomahawk Chop & maple leaf, move you're other player straight up for either West coast or buckeye state. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never would do that deal.  For prospective, I traded Acuna last year with Seth Beer, Drew Pomeranz and Taijuan Walker for Hoskins, Braun, Kendrick, Edwin Diaz, Brendan McKay, Andres Gimenez and Casey Mize.  Even that I wasn't thrilled about in April of last year.  I just had a LOT of holes to fill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be very tempted by the deal.  

I think it boils down to Trout and Lindor vs. Acuna and Bichette.  You could make a strong case that the Trout/Lindor side wins that part of the deal.

Scherzer has shown definite chinks in the armor.

Daynlokki...No disrespect, but I'm not sure what you got in that deal.  You got several 2nd tier performers and gave up Acuna.  I wouldn't have come close to that deal.  I think that was a clear case of quantity over quality for sure IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, rasto21585 said:

Was offered the following trade in my 14 team h2h dynasty league. I was offered trout lindor villar and kluber for acuna bichette scherzer. What do you think of this deal?

 

c sean murphy

1b max muncy

2b ozzie albies

3b rafael devers

ss bo bichette

lf juan soto

cf ronald acuna

rf austin meadows

util yuli gurriel

bn cj cron

bn luke voit

bn omar narvaez

na andrew vaughn

na robert puason

na luis matos

na jeter downs

na julio rodriguez

na erick pena

sp brandon woodruff

sp julio urias

sp max scherzer

rp scott oberg

rp ryan pressly

rp brandon kintzler

p patrick corbin

p alex wood

bn kevin gausman

bn carlos rodon

bn deivi garcia

bn sixto sanchez

bn edward cabrera

bn nathan eovaldi

bn matt shoemaker

na luis patino

 

In dynasty no, in redraft I might make the deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

for those that said no can you explain why?

according to espn and cbs dynasty ranks

 

trout top 3-5 dynasty asset

lindor top 5-8 dynasty asset

vs

acuna top 1 dynasty asset

bichette top 30 dynasty asset (a bit aggressive imo)

max top 75-50 dynasty asset

 

so without factoring in kluber and villar going to the trout/lindor side, value shows trout and lindor wins this deal.

I'm not a rankings guy.

Just look year to year how much the top 20 can change.

I'm not trading 2 22 year old studs.

Trout is great. But hes got 6 years on Acuna.

Hes been on DL last 3 years. Becoming a bit brittle.

Maybe most important, he has almost quit running.

Lindor is good.

But his career ops is .840.

.744 minors

Hes a bit overrated imo.

Bichettes minor league numbers are way above Lindors.

 Klubers lost velocity. Even before he got hurt, he was bombed.

Villar hit most his hrs 16,at Camden.

Hes 29, so once his legs go, hes done.

Max will throw less innings, but his K9 has actually increased.

I'm not a fan of trading Acuna.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't get me wrong...I'm not a fan of trading Acuna in a dynasty either.  

That being said, Trout and Lindor along with 2 guys that could be very good for a few years is quite a haul.  

Is this league an OBP league?  If not, I think Lindor's value actually increases even more.  Lindor is 26 and is a proven performer at an extremely high level.

Comparing the minor league numbers of Bichette and Lindor is completely irrelevant to me.  Lindor was supposed to be primarily a glove guy like Omar Vizquel.  Oops.  They completely missed on that one (which happens).  The reality is that Lindor is young and great.  Additionally, he may not be with the Indians for much longer.  Can you imagine if Lindor hits 2nd or 3rd in the Yankees lineup for the next 7 years???  That's been the speculation for a few years now.   Yankee bound??

Like I said, I believe you can make a case that Trout/Lindor > Acuna/Bichette in a dynasty.  Bichette will probably be very good, but he is still unproven.

The wild card(s) in the deal are the "other" players.  Let's not forget that Kluber was not right physically last year.  If he can return to anywhere close to his dominant form, his numbers can certainly rival those of Scherzer.

Additionally, Villar has been outstanding the last few seasons.  Yes he's 29.  Yes he should be slowing down.  The reality is that he stole 40 bases last year and shows no signs of slowing down.  

As I said, I would side SLIGHTLY with the Acuna side, but it's extremely close .  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t do it. Acuna is very very valuable in a dynasty and more so than them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2020 at 2:01 AM, HOOTIE said:

I'm not a rankings guy.

Just look year to year how much the top 20 can change.

I'm not trading 2 22 year old studs.

Trout is great. But hes got 6 years on Acuna.

Hes been on DL last 3 years. Becoming a bit brittle.

Maybe most important, he has almost quit running.

Lindor is good.

But his career ops is .840.

.744 minors

Hes a bit overrated imo.

Bichettes minor league numbers are way above Lindors.

 Klubers lost velocity. Even before he got hurt, he was bombed.

Villar hit most his hrs 16,at Camden.

Hes 29, so once his legs go, hes done.

Max will throw less innings, but his K9 has actually increased.

I'm not a fan of trading Acuna.

 

This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you get appreciably better here and you're definitely losing the deal long-term, so I'm with the majority on this one. Don't do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.