Boudewijn

George Kittle 2020 Outlook

14 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

He's done nothing in his last 4 games and has 1 100+ yard game in his last 10

Yeah I had him last year and remember a TON of dud games. No clue why people were taking him in the 2nd when stud WRs or RBs are still available. Yet I still did :( lol

I took him at 3.1 in a 12 team league and thought it was a steal at the time. I usually wait until the double digit rounds for a TE, but he was hard to pass up with the top WRs and RBs being gone. Glass half-full, he was very involved prior to Jimmy G's hospital ball. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

He hurt that same knee last year then was pretty much a decoy. 

It was week 1. I doubt he’s a decoy for 15 more weeks....

Just now, iretirefromfantasy said:

It was week 1. I doubt he’s a decoy for 15 more weeks....

He will hopefully heal but last year I remember he kept reinjuring it. He would land wrong or get hit wrong then go to the side lines hang out then come back out to play. I personally stayed away this year at his ADP. He plays super hard and is all over the place. They ask a lot of him and he gets put in weird situations at times. He’s not like kelce where they basically ask just one thing from him.

In a perfect world I'd have Kelce on my team, but I guess I have to settle for this guy. The way it is looking though, it may be a better year for TEs than prior years. It looks a bit deeper. Probably could have waited for a Mark Andrews.

Just now, FitzMagic said:

In a perfect world I'd have Kelce on my team, but I guess I have to settle for this guy. The way it is looking though, it may be a better year for TEs than prior years. It looks a bit deeper. Probably could have waited for a Mark Andrews.

With how deep TEs are getting you aren’t getting an advantage anymore by grabbing a guy like kelce or kittle in the second round. It used to be a strategy years ago because kelce would dominate that position. It just isn’t the case anymore. 

6 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

With how deep TEs are getting you aren’t getting an advantage anymore by grabbing a guy like kelce or kittle in the second round. It used to be a strategy years ago because kelce would dominate that position. It just isn’t the case anymore. 

I wouldn't agree with this. I think you'll have a top 5 but outside of that it's still a cess pit of question marks. It's been one week so we can't sit and decree tight ends more useful. 

Perhaps with the lack of off-season quarterbacks felt safer this week looking for that big bodied tight end. But a lot of receivers were also out week 1.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I wouldn't agree with this. I think you'll have a top 5 but outside of that it's still a cess pit of question marks. It's been one week so we can't sit and decree tight ends more useful. 

Perhaps with the lack of off-season quarterbacks felt safer this week looking for that big bodied tight end. But a lot of receivers were also out week 1.

This. I didn't grab Kelce and Kittle in my leagues under the assumption they would get a ridiculous amount of points more than the next 3 or 4 guys., I wanted the upside on any given week, and a set and forget TE. 

14 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

You don’t have to agree with it. It’s a fact. Last year in standard scoring kelce scored 157.3 points number 1 rank. Andrews scored 143.2 points number 2 rank. Cook scored 124.5 points number 6 rank. Hooper scored 116 points number 7 rank and he missed a bunch of games. So my question is why are people grabbing Kittle and Kelce in the second when Andrews is available later? Then guys like Waller who ranked 4th. The different between #6 and #1 was 33 points for the season. That’s about 2points a game. Then you still have streaming TEs available that you can hit big games on. None of this was happening say 4 years ago. Kelce will always give you a slight edge but your paying a pretty hefty price tag for it. And Kittle should not be in the same rank as kelce. Kelce is tier 1 then it’s everyone else.

Edited by StevenSC400

5 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

You don’t have to agree with it. It’s a fact. Last year in standard scoring kelce scored 157.3 points number 1 rank. Andrews scored 143.2 points number 2 rank. Cook scored 124.5 points number 6 rank. Hooper scored 116 points number 7 rank and he missed a bunch of games. So my question is why are people grabbing Kittle and Kelce in the second when Andrews is available later? Then guys like Waller who ranked 4th. The different between #6 and #1 was 33 points for the season. That’s about 2points a game. Then you still have streaming TEs available that you can hit big games on. None of this was happening say 4 years ago.

You just described what I said. You have the top 5 guys, and then a plethora of question marks you pray get you 10 points. You have the TE's that are supposed to be safe, which is why you take them early. Now 2nd round early? I think people are playing hindsight hoping a 1300/17 Gronk season pops up. But there is a reason Kittle/Kelce/Andrews were going high. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

You just described what I said. You have the top 5 guys, and then a plethora of question marks you pray get you 10 points. You have the TE's that are supposed to be safe, which is why you take them early. Now 2nd round early? I think people are playing hindsight hoping a 1300/17 Gronk season pops up. But there is a reason Kittle/Kelce/Andrews were going high. 

I reread it again basically we are saying the same thing but I think it goes a bit deeper than top 5. I think top 7 or so. Hooper had a great year he should have finished better etc. but he missed a couple games. But my main point is you aren’t really getting that huge edge anymore. You have another 6 TEs you can draft later and pick up your #1 WR or RB in the second. I’m just saying that strategy of going TE that early at best gives you even value. You aren’t getting that huge edge anymore. 

19 hours ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

The above posts are nonsense 

Any news on the knee. Thanks

Gotta be a decent sprain like last year.

What's his value this year. Is he still in the Robert Woods tier, or is he sinking like a rock? 

He finished the game, so hopefully not too bad, but it's always the day after where the thing hurts like a mfer.  He may have gotten through the game on adrenaline.  I guess we will see the practice report, but i would be stunned if he practiced today.  Probably we have to wait for the Friday practice report to see what his deal is.

I picked George Brittle knowing this would happen. You kind of expect him to miss some time during the season, so I hope everyone had a backup TE. He's a tough guy, but he is a bowling ball and he also tries to get too cute out there. Like doing acrobats on badly thrown balls from Jimmy G. I wish Jimmy could be a little more accurate and stop getting his best weapon injured.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I picked George Brittle knowing this would happen. You kind of expect him to miss some time during the season, so I hope everyone had a backup TE. He's a tough guy, but he is a bowling ball and he also tries to get too cute out there. Like doing acrobats on badly thrown balls from Jimmy G. I wish Jimmy could be a little more accurate and stop getting his best weapon injured.

That throw was all on Jimmy tho, what an idiot. 

How can you do one of yours boys like that.  Shameful 

• Like 1

Tired of all these game time decision guys. Hard to bench a stud, equally hard to trust a guy who is less than 100% and hasn't practiced.

Big oof!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Tired of all these game time decision guys. Hard to bench a stud, equally hard to trust a guy who is less than 100% and hasn't practiced.

Big oof!

Considering starting chris Herndon over him this week .... not liking the limited snap count potential for kittle

1 minute ago, Brye said:

Considering starting chris Herndon over him this week .... not liking the limited snap count potential for kittle

If he's active, he's playing for me. Balls to the wall.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

If he's active, he's playing for me. Balls to the wall.

Yeah same, at least he plays in the 10:00 AM slot . Much easier finding a replacement.

FFS, can I have one week without multiple injuries ... what is this year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Brye said:

I may go with Hunter Henry. Honestly, wouldn't mind flexing HH if I can convince myself Kittle won't break.