Boudewijn

George Kittle 2020 Outlook

7 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I'd be hard pressed to start him as he is a game-time decision...thoughts? 

Same initial thoughts. I'd need a really positive report before the game. Even then, I'm pretty apprehensive. 

This might be the week to just start your next guy up, if you have a decent option. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goincommando said:

For sure.  I believe everyone should be in agreeance that sitting out one more week is the preferred plan.  We don't need him to end up like Courtland Sutton did last week.

Or Barkley, after they rushed him back in. 

12 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I'd be hard pressed to start him as he is a game-time decision...thoughts? 

I'm leaning on the side of benching him. But I guess it really depends on your options

Very hard decision tho, with them playing the Giants & Kittle the main healthy piece left on offense. 

Honestly I want the 9ers to cut back on his blocking, and instead have him run more routes.

That would be perfect, unlikely but perfect 

Edited by RunCMC

Glad they're keeping him out.  Rest well, sweet prince.

How does this affect McKinnon / Jeff Wilson, if at all? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Jordan Reed needs to be owned. Run and get him if you are a Kittle owner. 

Check 

Right now Reed is one of the best players in this offense. Shanny is going to exploit that and look for ways to get him the ball, I can assure you Reed will be the first look on a few plays and will be open. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nine9s said:

Do you think he is more hurt than public is told?

I think he’s 100% playing this week.  And I’m about 110% sure mullens is going to be feeding him as he usually does , because kittle has had some massive Games with mullens under center

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nine9s said:

Do you think he is more hurt than public is told?

I don't think we have any reason to believe that. He was able to get in a limited practice this week, I bet he'll be back next week. I think the field was also a pretty big concern for him and I'm sure that played into the decision.

Ugh.  Frisco plays in the Sunday night game, so we won't know if he's active until most of the games are played.  Whyyyyyyyy?!?!?!

What are you guys gonna do if he gets say 2 limited practices in this week?  Eagles give up the most points to TE in the league, so this is totally a smash spot if he plays.  Obviously the floor is a 0 for us.

8 hours ago, bangarrang said:

I think the field was also a pretty big concern for him and I'm sure that played into the decision.

This is 100% why he was ruled out for the game.  It wasn't worth the risk with that field and an opponent they could handily beat without him.

19 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Ugh.  Frisco plays in the Sunday night game, so we won't know if he's active until most of the games are played.  Whyyyyyyyy?!?!?!

What are you guys gonna do if he gets say 2 limited practices in this week?  Eagles give up the most points to TE in the league, so this is totally a smash spot if he plays.  Obviously the floor is a 0 for us.

100% sure he’s playing 

4 hours ago, kp96 said:

I don't think Shanny has a history of playing too many games regarding injuries, does he? I would assume we'll know for sure whether or not he's playing by Sunday morning at the latest. Maybe we hear something kinda sorta definitive by like..Thursday?

1 hour ago, jimithing11 said:

Since Reed got hurt again, I’ll probably pick up Dwelley as a handcuff in case Kittle is a GTD. 

This is the play.  Alternatively you could try your luck with Tonyan in the Monday nighter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yossarian said:

I don't think Shanny has a history of playing too many games regarding injuries, does he? I would assume we'll know for sure whether or not he's playing by Sunday morning at the latest. Maybe we hear something kinda sorta definitive by like..Thursday?

Yeah he's usually pretty communicative with the press, doesn't hold things back like other coaches.

4 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

This is the play.  Alternatively you could try your luck with Tonyan in the Monday nighter.

This is the play I'm going with, Tonyan if I get him for $0

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Walter330i said:

So any news if Kittle One Vodka will play this Sunday?!

We'll have to wait for the practice report today.

1 minute ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I think he could have played last week but they didn't want him out on the Met-Life turf. Guessing he will be full go this week.

Yep, they threw Reed out there as the sacrifice to the Met-Life turf monster.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yep, they threw Reed out there as the sacrifice to the Met-Life turf monster.

Hey, look on the bright side.  At least it's not a concussion.