Boudewijn

George Kittle 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I'd be hard pressed to start him as he is a game-time decision...thoughts? 

Same initial thoughts. I'd need a really positive report before the game. Even then, I'm pretty apprehensive. 

This might be the week to just start your next guy up, if you have a decent option. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, goincommando said:

For sure.  I believe everyone should be in agreeance that sitting out one more week is the preferred plan.  We don't need him to end up like Courtland Sutton did last week.

Or Barkley, after they rushed him back in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I'd be hard pressed to start him as he is a game-time decision...thoughts? 

 

I'm leaning on the side of benching him. But I guess it really depends on your options

Very hard decision tho, with them playing the Giants & Kittle the main healthy piece left on offense. 

Honestly I want the 9ers to cut back on his blocking, and instead have him run more routes.

That would be perfect, unlikely but perfect 

 

Edited by RunCMC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad they're keeping him out.  Rest well, sweet prince.

How does this affect McKinnon / Jeff Wilson, if at all? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Jordan Reed needs to be owned. Run and get him if you are a Kittle owner. 

Check 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now Reed is one of the best players in this offense. Shanny is going to exploit that and look for ways to get him the ball, I can assure you Reed will be the first look on a few plays and will be open. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nine9s said:

Do you think he is more hurt than public is told?

I think he’s 100% playing this week.  And I’m about 110% sure mullens is going to be feeding him as he usually does , because kittle has had some massive Games with mullens under center

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nine9s said:

Do you think he is more hurt than public is told?

 

I don't think we have any reason to believe that. He was able to get in a limited practice this week, I bet he'll be back next week. I think the field was also a pretty big concern for him and I'm sure that played into the decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh.  Frisco plays in the Sunday night game, so we won't know if he's active until most of the games are played.  Whyyyyyyyy?!?!?!

What are you guys gonna do if he gets say 2 limited practices in this week?  Eagles give up the most points to TE in the league, so this is totally a smash spot if he plays.  Obviously the floor is a 0 for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bangarrang said:

 I think the field was also a pretty big concern for him and I'm sure that played into the decision.

This is 100% why he was ruled out for the game.  It wasn't worth the risk with that field and an opponent they could handily beat without him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Ugh.  Frisco plays in the Sunday night game, so we won't know if he's active until most of the games are played.  Whyyyyyyyy?!?!?!

What are you guys gonna do if he gets say 2 limited practices in this week?  Eagles give up the most points to TE in the league, so this is totally a smash spot if he plays.  Obviously the floor is a 0 for us.


100% sure he’s playing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kp96 said:

Ugh.  Frisco plays in the Sunday night game, so we won't know if he's active until most of the games are played.  Whyyyyyyyy?!?!?!

What are you guys gonna do if he gets say 2 limited practices in this week?  Eagles give up the most points to TE in the league, so this is totally a smash spot if he plays.  Obviously the floor is a 0 for us.

I don't think Shanny has a history of playing too many games regarding injuries, does he? I would assume we'll know for sure whether or not he's playing by Sunday morning at the latest. Maybe we hear something kinda sorta definitive by like..Thursday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jimithing11 said:

Since Reed got hurt again, I’ll probably pick up Dwelley as a handcuff in case Kittle is a GTD. 

This is the play.  Alternatively you could try your luck with Tonyan in the Monday nighter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, yossarian said:

I don't think Shanny has a history of playing too many games regarding injuries, does he? I would assume we'll know for sure whether or not he's playing by Sunday morning at the latest. Maybe we hear something kinda sorta definitive by like..Thursday?

Yeah he's usually pretty communicative with the press, doesn't hold things back like other coaches.

4 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

This is the play.  Alternatively you could try your luck with Tonyan in the Monday nighter.

This is the play I'm going with, Tonyan if I get him for $0

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Walter330i said:

So any news if Kittle One Vodka will play this Sunday?!

We'll have to wait for the practice report today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I think he could have played last week but they didn't want him out on the Met-Life turf. Guessing he will be full go this week.

Yep, they threw Reed out there as the sacrifice to the Met-Life turf monster.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yep, they threw Reed out there as the sacrifice to the Met-Life turf monster.

Hey, look on the bright side.  At least it's not a concussion.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...