• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Chippa said:

...they lost

and he was targeted....

in garbage time

Yep, their only good drive of the day (albeit in garbage time) was when he was heavily targeted. That TD reception was a thing of beauty too. This guy is an elite WR stuck with two awful QB options. I dream of him ending up in Houston with Watson throwing to him.

I didn't get to watch this one, really wish I did.

All I know is I was staring at like 5 PPR points until the 4th quarter.

WTF gives with this? Dude is an elite talent, why in the world is he not getting grossly over-littered with targets right out of the gate???

Can anyone who was able to watch this help me to understand?

5 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

I didn't get to watch this one, really wish I did.

All I know is I was staring at like 5 PPR points until the 4th quarter.

WTF gives with this? Dude is an elite talent, why in the world is he not getting grossly over-littered with targets right out of the gate???

Can anyone who was able to watch this help me to understand?

because there was no room for Foles to throw until garbage time when he saw soft coverage. 

3 minutes ago, nk2333 said:

I'm thinking a sell high this week or next week.  Not liking the fact that he has to have garbage time production to be effective. Can't count on that happening every week. 

It's the Bears...I can count on a lot of garbage time all year!

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

It's the Bears...I can count on a lot of garbage time all year!

I hope you're right.  But the defense will really keep them in a lot of games.   The only hope is the offense to suck so bad that they have no choice but to play catch up

Started out slow by my mans did work. 

Foles has just started, with no pre-season, so is still learning on the fly. 

Colts are a tough D. 

TB isn't a pushover, but the Chargers just put up a number of TDs, and I have to think Brady will hang some points on the Bears next weekend. So yeah, while it was ugly most of the day, he still turned in a 20 pt performance in Half_PPR. 

I'm rolling with him for now. AROB4EVER

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brettg57 said:

Don’t want to scare anybody off, but this is of note. TB defense playing good ball since end of last season.

Thanks for this. TB has a very underrated defense - I think people more or less about the run D, but they seem to be pretty solid all around. 

A little worried about the matchup. Bears looked flat through most of the game last week vs a tough defense, and we almost ended with an ARob dud. However, in Half-PPR, he's scored about 20 pts / week the past 2 weeks, and is WR11 in scoring. I think Foles realizes that feeding ARob is his path to success.

While I don't love the CB matchup, and generally dislike Thurs. night games, it just feels hard to bench him at this point. I'm in a 10 team league, so I have other options at WR, but just feels hard to bench this dude who's pissed about his contract, with a new QB desperate to win, team coming off of an L, and have tons of motivation to win however they can.... which is feed ARob.  

46 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

A little worried about the matchup. Bears looked flat through most of the game last week vs a tough defense, and we almost ended with an ARob dud. However, in Half-PPR, he's scored about 20 pts / week the past 2 weeks, and is WR11 in scoring. I think Foles realizes that feeding ARob is his path to success.

While I don't love the CB matchup, and generally dislike Thurs. night games, it just feels hard to bench him at this point. I'm in a 10 team league, so I have other options at WR, but just feels hard to bench this dude who's pissed about his contract, with a new QB desperate to win, team coming off of an L, and have tons of motivation to win however they can.... which is feed ARob.  

Agreed on all counts. And same boat, 10 team with other options. But I'm playing both ARob and Evans (if he suits up tonight).

You're probably already in the know, but pff runs a weekly column that analyzes every game and the WR/TE to CB matchups. It's been my definitive guide for start/sit questions for my WRs this year.

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-football-week-5-wr-cb-matchups-and-te-breakdown

It's been especially helpful for me this year as I've got Adams, Evans, and ARob - with Boyd, Lamb, and Jefferson on my bench. I agonize over WR start/sit on a weekly basis.

All that to say, after reading this, I'm confident about starting ARob. Mostly. Sort of. ;)

At some point, Foles has to stop waiting until halfway through the 4th to feed his best player, right?

Edited by JAG_challam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This could be another game where the Bears opponent is up by a couple scores in the 4th, and they go into something resembling a prevent defense and give the Foles/Robinson combo whatever they want underneath.  And I don’t think the Bears will end up in a tight game unless Robinson is heavily involved.  So I think he’ll get his, either way.  But don’t blame me if he puts up only 3 points.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JAG_challam said:

Agreed on all counts. And same boat, 10 team with other options. But I'm playing both ARob and Evans (if he suits up tonight).

You're probably already in the know, but pff runs a weekly column that analyzes every game and the WR/TE to CB matchups. It's been my definitive guide for start/sit questions for my WRs this year.

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-football-week-5-wr-cb-matchups-and-te-breakdown

It's been especially helpful for me this year as I've got Adams, Evans, and ARob - with Boyd, Lamb, and Jefferson on my bench. I agonize over WR start/sit on a weekly basis.

All that to say, after reading this, I'm confident about starting ARob. Mostly. Sort of. ;)

At some point, Foles has to stop waiting until halfway through the 4th to feed his best player, right?

I have not heard of this weekly column yet, thanks for sharing.

The video on ARob in this week's column definitely highlighted his ability to stretch out and make the catch. Just imagine if he had a good QB slinging the ball...

It's hard to bench this guy. I've played him every week since the season started, so I'm glad he's finally starting to produce respectable numbers even if they aren't true WR1 stats.

No TD but really there were no opportunities. Could have been a bigger night if he didn’t let Davis take one away from him, and knock one out of his hands. But tons of targets and they finally got ARob involved early.

On 10/6/2020 at 1:36 PM, Brettg57 said:

Don’t want to scare anybody off, but this is of note. TB defense playing good ball since end of last season.

Don’t believe the hype! 😄

Seriously, though...Robinson dominated targets & delivered with some really tough catches. Averaging 7-84 per game. 

ROCK.SOLID.

4 minutes ago, ccimore said:

ARob would be in the top 3 fantasy receiver conversation if he ever had a good QB.  Poor guy has spent his entire career getting Bortle'd, Trubisky'd, and Fole'd.

Only guys talent-wise I'd have over him, without question, are Hopkins and a healthy Julio. The rest are debatable

Edited by atrium
  • Like 1