Boudewijn

Allen Robinson 2020 Outlook

Just got him in a package trade and I'm excited to add him to WR core.. Seems like a weekly sure-fire start from what I've seen and read

35 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Anyone fading him this weekend because of Ramsey and co?

If it's a DFS fade sure. In season long there's no way. He's a top 10 receiver. He isn’t benchable. He is the most underrated of the star receivers to me as well by a wide margin. Ever since he got fully comfortable in Chicago he's been as reliable as any WR in fantasy. He's a 100 catch player these days and he gets very little fanfare. Needs way more respect put on his name.

I'm worried about this week.  The Rams are tough against the pass and if Ramsey shadows him look out.  Last year he did and Robinson had like 6 ppr points.  If he had a good QB this dude would rock.

• Like 1

Just now, Benjamin1984 said:

The numbers suggest he is every bit as productive as most of these guys though. So it's really just a preference thing. I prefer him and you don't. There's nothing else to discuss really.

18 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

You realize the year is 2020 right? Not 2019. Allen. Robinson. Has. Not. Been. A. Top. 10. Wide. Receiver. In. 2020. #facts

He's the 9th WR in PPR, so yes, he has been a top 10 receiver in 2020

Edited by Rosenburger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Is he even matching up against Ramsey?

PFF WR/CB chart has Robinson primarily matchup with CB troy Hill, and they don't show Ramsey shadowing anyone.

1 minute ago, rasrar said:

Is he even matching up against Ramsey?

PFF WR/CB chart has Robinson primarily matchup with CB troy Hill, and they don't show Ramsey shadowing anyone.

Rams operate way more zone this year. In their Nickle package Jalen will move to the slot or Nickle corner. That’s what concerns me, because ARob operates well out of the slot. If Nagy and his big brain can dial up plays for ARob to operate outside and avoid Jalen is the question.

• Like 1

Here is how opposing WR1's have done against the Rams (and Ramsey) this year -

Week 1 - Amari Cooper - 10/81/0

Week 2 - Desean Jackson - 6/64/0

Week 3 - Stefon Diggs - 4/49/1

Week 4 - Darius Slayton - 3/48/0

Week 5 - Terry McLaurin - 3/26/0

Week 6 - Deebo Samuel - 6/66/1 (note - Kittle went for over 100 yds but Ramsay wouldn't be covering him)

Granted - None of these guys are no doubt WR1s, but it's not very encouraging for ARob this week either.

Have to hope that game flow works in our favor.  One of the bigger issues this year has been the defense has been really good.  They are so conservative because of it.  Hopefully the Rams get out to a lead here.  Need some junk stats.

35 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Here is how opposing WR1's have done against the Rams (and Ramsey) this year -

Week 1 - Amari Cooper - 10/81/0

Week 2 - Desean Jackson - 6/64/0

Week 3 - Stefon Diggs - 4/49/1

Week 4 - Darius Slayton - 3/48/0

Week 5 - Terry McLaurin - 3/26/0

Week 6 - Deebo Samuel - 6/66/1 (note - Kittle went for over 100 yds but Ramsay wouldn't be covering him)

Granted - None of these guys are no doubt WR1s, but it's not very encouraging for ARob this week either.

I would take the Cooper, Diggs, and Deebo lines any day of the week. If Robinson produces any of those lines, I'll be pleased.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rasrar said:

I would take the Cooper, Diggs, and Deebo lines any day of the week. If Robinson produces any of those lines, I'll be pleased.

And then factor in that Arob is by far the best WR out of those guys

25 minutes ago, rasrar said:

That's fine, but none of those lines are really strong, especially in standard.  10/81 is garbage in standard for your WR1.

5 minutes ago, Rosenburger said:

And then factor in that Arob is by far the best WR out of those guys

ARob isn't the problem.  Foles is. 

ARob, if shadowed by Ramsey, is going to have less separation obviously.  Tighter throwing windows.  If you have an accurate quarterback, maybe it doesn't matter as much because they'll fit it in.  Foles may not even have the confidence to throw to ARob if Ramsey is draped all over him. 

If we were talking about Davante, I'd still be concerned but less so, since I know Rodgers can put the ball where Adams can catch it.  Seriously doubt Foles can.

ARob is a big receiver so maybe he can make some contested catches, but his outlook really isn't good this weekend.  Sorry.  I own ARob and probably sitting him for a solid WR2 type.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kp96 said:

ARob isn't the problem.  Foles is. 

ARob, if shadowed by Ramsey, is going to have less separation obviously.  Tighter throwing windows.  If you have an accurate quarterback, maybe it doesn't matter as much because they'll fit it in.  Foles may not even have the confidence to throw to ARob if Ramsey is draped all over him. 

If we were talking about Davante, I'd still be concerned but less so, since I know Rodgers can put the ball where Adams can catch it.  Seriously doubt Foles can.

ARob is a big receiver so maybe he can make some contested catches, but his outlook really isn't good this weekend.  Sorry.  I own ARob and probably sitting him for a solid WR2 type.

Seems crazy to me especially considering Ramsey won't be on him 100% of the time. ARob lines up pretty evenly on all sides of the field... 1/3 L, 1/3 slot, 1/3 R.

But you do you.

I have him in a 2 WR, 2 RB, 3 FLEX league and I'm still benching him.

Rams D will want to bounce back after last week. Not only Ramsey, but the D-Line will go after Foles hard.

1 minute ago, rasrar said:

Seems crazy to me especially considering Ramsey won't be on him 100% of the time. ARob lines up pretty evenly on all sides of the field... 1/3 L, 1/3 slot, 1/3 R.

But you do you.

It's more a reflection of my lack of faith in Foles.  Pretty sure I read that Chicago has had the worst quarterbacking in the league.  Worse than the Jets, Denver, etc.  In a normal matchup, I figure the targets (ARob leads the league) will negate the bad throws, but against a top corner I just don't feel it.  Hope you guys are right.  Even if he's on my bench, it's always good for your player to play well.

I’m always going to play my big starters regardless of the matchup/coverage...

9, 9,13,10,16— love the targets and I expect him to get atleast 9 minimum so I’m banking on he will do something with those. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kp96 said:

It's more a reflection of my lack of faith in Foles.  Pretty sure I read that Chicago has had the worst quarterbacking in the league.  Worse than the Jets, Denver, etc.  In a normal matchup, I figure the targets (ARob leads the league) will negate the bad throws, but against a top corner I just don't feel it.  Hope you guys are right.  Even if he's on my bench, it's always good for your player to play well.

ARob's end of the year stats from last year... 98/1147/7

Mitchell Trubisky was his QB.

37 minutes ago, rasrar said:

ARob's end of the year stats from last year... 98/1147/7

Mitchell Trubisky was his QB.

Yeah thats great.  We are talking about this weekend not ROS.  Please follow the thread.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Yeah thats great.  We are talking about this weekend not ROS.  Please follow the thread.

So you have no faith in Foles this weekend, but have sufficient faith in him ROS?

My only point is the QB doesn’t really matter when the volume is that high.

It’s legitimate if you want to consider sitting him this week and have other options. This has ALL the makings of an ugly 20-17 type grinder game with two teams who rarely take downfield shots and run a lot (rams more than bears). Remember their SNF game from last year? This could be ugly. I’m still playing him tho.

On 10/21/2020 at 11:14 PM, Ergogh said:

Just got him in a package trade and I'm excited to add him to WR core.. Seems like a weekly sure-fire start from what I've seen and read

You don’t say?

Hoping he gets peppered with 15-ish targets with 12 receptions and 100 yards. That would be solid enough for me in PPR. If he can get even 1 TD against this defense I'd be happy but fine without a TD assuming his target share is hefty.

12 hours ago, rasrar said:

So you have no faith in Foles this weekend, but have sufficient faith in him ROS?

My only point is the QB doesn’t really matter when the volume is that high.

I have no faith in Foles getting the ball to ARob if Ramsey is covering him.  Have plenty of faith in Foles getting ARob the ball when ARob has decent separation, which will be most weeks.