Boudewijn

Allen Robinson 2020 Outlook

I'm playing him out of necessity this week in standard league that rewards big plays... with his league-leading targets.

Edited by luckBbrady

5 hours ago, kp96 said:

I have no faith in Foles getting the ball to ARob if Ramsey is covering him.  Have plenty of faith in Foles getting ARob the ball when ARob has decent separation, which will be most weeks.

There's nothing to suggest that Ramsey will be on him all game... and ARob had a 10/90/0 performance against Carlton Davis and Jamel Dean.

Let's see what happens.

10 minutes ago, rasrar said:

There's nothing to suggest that Ramsey will be on him all game... and ARob had a 10/90/0 performance against Carlton Davis and Jamel Dean.

Let's see what happens.

Yes, I'm making an assumption that ARob gets shadow covered.  Also, just doing some additional reading, it does not sound as though Ramsey has been as good as he normally is.  Making me second guess myself.  Not an easy decision.

Hopefully ARob goes off, even if it's on my bench.

• Like 1

Just went out with around 4:00 in the 4th after a helmet to helmet hit... obviously no idea how serious it is but I don't think he's coming back tonight at least

He looked like he was pissed off at the official for making him go to the sideline.  The hit looked pretty bad but it remains to be seen if he was actually concussed.  Cross your fingers.

2 minutes ago, ilikepieman said:

Just went out with around 4:00 in the 4th after a helmet to helmet hit... obviously no idea how serious it is but I don't think he's coming back tonight at least

I'd assume he's fine. Looked more mad then anything. Even if he were to unfortunately end up in the protocol he'd only miss 1 game max I would think.

6 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

I think he was pissed it wasn’t a 15 yard penalty. He’s concussed of course. 

How would you know that?  It looked like he was pissed off that the officials were taking him off the field and making him go get checked.  Doesn't mean he's concussed for sure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kp96 said:

How would you know that?  It looked like he was pissed off that the officials were taking him off the field and making him go get checked.  Doesn't mean he's concussed for sure.

He def looks like he was pissed that there was no flag on that play. If you saw, immediately after he went to the sideline he took off his helmet and got on one knee. For sure looked like he was recovering from something there. And he didn't return to the game. Would be very lucky if he doesn't miss at least a few practices this week, which absolutely sucks since we're hitting BYE weeks.

7 minutes ago, kp96 said:

He was visibly upset at something. I think it was 1 he was being removed from the game and 2. You could clearly watch the hit was helmet to helmet and there were no flags thrown. Refs were favoring LA all night but that’s another story. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, nb009 said:

He def looks like he was pissed that there was no flag on that play. If you saw, immediately after he went to the sideline he took off his helmet and got on one knee. For sure looked like he was recovering from something there. And he didn't return to the game. Would be very lucky if he doesn't miss at least a few practices this week, which absolutely sucks since we're hitting BYE weeks.

I watched it a few times actually.  The range of outcomes is anywhere from concussed/sprained neck/etc. to "shaken up".  We'll have to wait to see.

Roto blurbers calling him a wr3 now. Yikes. 

They’re also saying Montgomery moves like a “busted refrigerator”. 

The anger is strong in them tonight. 

• Haha 1

Foles was being a B all night. 

4 targets / 4 receptions / 70 yards. 

And he drew a 40 yard PI on another throw. 

It was clear Foles was scared to throw to him cause of Ramsey, but he was having more success than anyone else on the field. 

Like wtf man, just throw to your stud instead of taking sacks and throwing at garbage players. 

Really hope he's not concussed. 

8 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

WR3 is a joke. Solid WR2 at worst. More low end WR1, high end WR2.

• Like 4

[...]

Bears tweeted that he's being evaluated for a concussion. Let's hope he doesn't have one because it's tough to clear protocol on such a short week.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

17 minutes ago, rasrar said:

[...]

Bears tweeted that he's being evaluated for a concussion. Let's hope he doesn't have one because it's tough to clear protocol on such a short week.

for his sake i hope he’s okay. It would really suck if it is serious 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

1 hour ago, Gandalfthecat said:

They don't seem very excited these days. Nothing like it once was. You read the blurbs about a guy who just had a monster game and all they do is describe every big play in sequence and then state who they play next. There used to be passion behind those blurbs lol

Edited by Benjamin1984

1 minute ago, Benjamin1984 said:

They don't seem very excited these days. Nothing like it once was. You read the blurbs about a guy who just had a monster game and all they do is describe every big play in sequence and then state who they play next. There used to be passion behind those blurbs lol

The whole sit has gone down in quality after Evan Silva left, and Gregg Rosenthal before him (even though that's been a while).

Through seven games, and a 5-2 record, the Chicago offense ranks 27th in points per game (19.7), 30th in yards per play (4.8), 30th in yards per run (3.8), 29th in yards per pass (5.6), 30th on third-down conversions (35.1%) and 29th in red zone efficiency (47.6%).

Nagy is as much an offensive mind as Gase. Sheesh. 

• Haha 2

The Bears had their first 40 yard pass all year and it was Robinson who caught that. Not even air yards, just 40+ yard completion. Through the better part of the 7th game. That should tell you all you need to know about this Bear's passing attack.

24 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

He had 3 yards on Ramsey on that play too, could have scored.

I don’t really see A-Rob outrunning anyone these days.  Maybe when he was a Jagwire.  Mooney is the one with the jets, but his route-running is fairly horrendous at this point, particularly on deep balls, which speaks to the issues being discussed in the last several posts.