Rotoworld.com Forums

Allen Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Islanderman said:

Look at the replay, had a td if Foles had led him.  Had to wait for the throw, he still caught it but it should have been a td.

I’m just saying they’d have caught him from behind.  Just my opinion.  A-Rob is a crazy possession receiver.  He kills you slowly 10-15 yards at a time.  

26 minutes ago, kp96 said:

No news on his health?  Is no news good news or bad?

I'd lean towards good. But we won't really know until the Bears practice and the reports come in. Just a speculation from watching the game, he's probably fine. But we'll likely know more tomorrow.

31 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

I think at this point we have to assume he's concussed.  He didn't return to the game.  Its really odd nobody has inquired about it, no beat writers.  Have to hope he'll clear before Sunday.  

I don't know about that.  If he were actually concussed, someone would probably report it.  It's totally plausible that he's fine, just got shook up, and they're not making a big deal about it. 

50 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

I think at this point we have to assume he's concussed.  He didn't return to the game.  Its really odd nobody has inquired about it, no beat writers.  Have to hope he'll clear before Sunday.  

Didn't return because there was a minute left and they were down three scores 

7 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

There were 3 minutes left and down 2 scores.  Of course he would have come back in.

When he got knocked out, the Bears ran 1 more play, and then the Rams did a 3 and out.  The sideline concussion protocol isn't like 5 minutes.  He was still getting checked out when the Bears ran their final series.  I've seen players get checked out for over half a quarter before returning.  They are very careful.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Just so you know, I'm not arguing here, in fact I'm really hoping your right.  Its just that he looked really shaken up and even had to kneel down.  It was a pretty vicious helmet to helmet hit. 

That's fine but making a statement that he's concussed or "probably concussed" is not really accurate.  We flat out don't know.  I watched the hit and the aftermath up until he walked to the tent and it's really inconclusive.  He looked like he was shaken up but pissed that the officials were taking him off the field.  So it could go either way.  Very different than say what we saw with Andy Dalton, who had to be helped off.

8 hours ago, Leopard said:

I think this is his first career concussion so he should be 50/50 or even a higher chance to clear for this Sunday? 

It doesn't really work like that, though I agree the more you have the worse it is.

8 hours ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Does anyone ever enter the concussion protocol and play the same week?

1 hour ago, rasrar said:

Curious about the same thing. Anyone know?

Yes, players do, but the expectation should be that he'll miss this week. Typically, players only enter the concussion protocol and then play the next week when they're being monitored and are quickly relieved of symptoms and it's deemed that it 'probably' was not a concussion but just a noggin-knock. Real doctor stuff, I know, but I follow concussion situations closely. I'd say it's a 90% chance he's out this week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1