Boudewijn

Allen Robinson 2020 Outlook

On 6/14/2020 at 5:31 PM, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Inwant axe elf’s opinion on robinson before i start  to scout

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Another underrated strong WR1 this year and going forward, like Ridley.

Not much to say here except expect him to be targeted similarly this year(top 3 in the NFL in targets last year) unless he f***s Foles’ wife or something, and expect him to positively regress in efficiency and probably TDs with more accuracy from his QB.

2020 projection:

150 targets, 100 catches, 1200+ yards, 8+ TD

(WR5 overall)

I think he and Ridley are so underrated because people aren’t realizing what the non-injury floor is for Ridley and Robinson, which is much, much higher than many other borderline potential WR1s out there you may be choosing from, that may be going around or ahead of these guys, like: Julio, Theilen, JuJu, OBJ, AJ Brown, Sutton, Metcalf, Kupp, Woods, Diggs, Cooper. Idk I’m sure there are a ton of others, all with wildly more variable and lower floor, and not much if any higher ceiling, than Ridley and Robinson.

Anyways. ARob is still young too, and one of the smartest and most mature players in the league. Beware if you have your own bias against him being elite, because he absolutely is an elite tier WR in this league only behind the transcendent stars right now like MT and Julio for now. He’s a year younger than Thomas and 5 younger than Julio

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2020 at 2:28 PM, Gohawks said:

I’ve been saying he’s the most overrated coach in the entire league since his first season. Won COY after being dragged to the playoffs by his defense despite being an “offensive mind”.

It’s also hilarious to watch commentators act like he’s some genius when he runs his dumb plays that fail 90% of the time. 

Thought you were talking about Sean McVay. Equally applicable. 

Christian Hackenberg

Blake Bortles

Mitchell Trubisky 

All viewed as studs at one time bc of ARob

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Christian Hackenberg

Blake Bortles

Mitchell Trubisky 

All viewed as studs at one time bc of ARob

That's wild over his entire career + college, that's the collection of QBs he's had to work with.  He's been in the NFL 6 years plus another 2 if you add the Hackenberg college years - 8 years and this guy hasn't had a competent QB even once.  

Hackenberg got drafted in the 2nd round because of Robinson.  

Not sure we'll ever see 1400 and 14 again, but I think last season is a good barometer for Robinson - somewhere in the range of 1,000-1,200 and 6-10 TDs.  Further removed from the ACL tear and still only 26, I think he might just be getting into his prime.  

Edited by Fort4242
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Mid to high WR1 this year in Full point or half PPR IMO on a team that will be passing more this year I think with a defense further removed from Fangio and with some key players aging

About to get the best QB he has ever had

Not saying it is his floor but I can easily see him pop off for 95+ receptions, 1350+ yards and 8-10 TDs 2015 style

Edited by mocha4313

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Is foles being brought in to start or put pressure on Truth-Bisky? 

Anyone know? I've been extremely checked out of NFL happenings this year. 

A month ago it was still an "open competition":

• Like 1

How we feeling about A-Rob? Seems to me like he's at the top of (imo) the very large tier of WR's after the top ~6, and a good bet to finish as a mid to low end WR1. He's by far the most important piece of this (Bears fan) offense, Miller should help take some pressure off of him, he's usually a pretty good TD scorer, and he's still, believe it or not, in his prime.

3 hours ago, aapox said:

How we feeling about A-Rob? Seems to me like he's at the top of (imo) the very large tier of WR's after the top ~6, and a good bet to finish as a mid to low end WR1. He's by far the most important piece of this (Bears fan) offense, Miller should help take some pressure off of him, he's usually a pretty good TD scorer, and he's still, believe it or not, in his prime.

I lie him, but don't like that he's nursing an injury heading into the season

I had a recent PPR league I drafted in supeflex, TE premium, cool story bro etc but at the 3/4 turn had the top 6 and OBJ off the board. I took Kenny G and ARob over the likes of DJ Moore, Theilen, Juju, Amari etc etc.

Volume is king. He will have absolutely no problems with volume. Junk time is also king. Sign me up for junk time volume at worst.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scheibler said:

I lie him, but don't like that he's nursing an injury heading into the season

Yeah, ankle injury? COULD impact week 1? That's brutal. Ankle/foot injuries are no bueno for WR's. Fortunately he's a contested catch monster.

Foles (if he wins the job, which seems likely to start the season) may limit his big play ability...but he's damn good.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, EWV1 said:

Foles (if he wins the job, which seems likely to start the season) may limit his big play ability...but he's damn good.

Robinsons best game last season was a game Trubisky set out.

The man is a bonafide scrub...the man cannot play the game of football. He has small hands, he can’t throw the ball; he’s got bad feet, he can’t really move, even though he’s mobile he doesn’t know what he’s doing. He doesn’t have a throw he puts to memory that he can do two times in a row. He has no game whatsoever and brings nothing to the offense. Doesn’t have the heart, passion, or anything that comes with it.

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 2

Foles is better for The offense than Scrubisky is. Go Foles!

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

23 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Foles is better for The offense than Scrubisky is. Go Foles!

completely agree that ARob hitched to trubisky would create a lot of frustration

and that foles would be far better for ARob's production.

but foles has only played 58 games in his 8 year NFL career, partly because he was not a starter, partly because he's not durable. he's never played a full season and i don't see it happening this year. with david montgomery currently injured, and with the general lack of a running game altogether, defenses can afford to double-team ARob --- i don't like this situation, and at current ADP (fantasypros) i'm going with dj moore, thieilen, or calvin ridley instead of ARob. my two cents

On 6/18/2020 at 2:54 PM, LostAtSea said:

I think he and Ridley are so underrated because people aren’t realizing what the non-injury floor is for Ridley and Robinson, which is much, much higher than many other borderline potential WR1s out there you may be choosing from, that may be going around or ahead of these guys, like: Julio, Theilen, JuJu, OBJ, AJ Brown, Sutton, Metcalf, Kupp, Woods, Diggs, Cooper. Idk I’m sure there are a ton of others, all with wildly more variable and lower floor, and not much if any higher ceiling, than Ridley and Robinson.

Did you mean to include Julio in this comment? Because he clearly seems like the outlier in that group and it seems extremely far fetched to call him a "borderline potential WR1".

• Like 1

I took him over Ridley in round 5.  iDK why, but i'm already having buyers remorse because of the ankle injury.  Hope he gets healthy soon

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 1:01 PM, nk2333 said:

I took him over Ridley in round 5.  iDK why, but i'm already having buyers remorse because of the ankle injury.  Hope he gets healthy soon

What kind of league are you getting Arob in round 5 of? Lol

2 hours ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

What kind of league are you getting Arob in round 5 of? Lol

Seriously. Dude is going in round 3 in most 12 man drafts. 

I got him 4-2 and 4-6 in my two most competitive leagues (12 teamers) the last two nights. I was a little bit surprised because he had reported been back at practice before both the drafts happened. I think there are many people who simply will not draft a guy with any kind of injury questions in the top 4 rounds.

On 8/29/2020 at 8:51 PM, Gohawks said:

The man is a bonafide scrub...the man cannot play the game of football. He has small hands, he can’t throw the ball; he’s got bad feet, he can’t really move, even though he’s mobile he doesn’t know what he’s doing. He doesn’t have a throw he puts to memory that he can do two times in a row. He has no game whatsoever and brings nothing to the offense. Doesn’t have the heart, passion, or anything that comes with it.

So tell us how you really feel.

On 8/29/2020 at 8:51 PM, Gohawks said:

In other words, every QB that Robinson has played with since graduating high school...