Rotoworld.com Forums

Allen Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will happily draft him again next year, he just produces consistently despite a terrible offensive scheme and terrible QBs. Hopefully his ADP is relatively low again next year. Love consistent guys like him with solid floors.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, drisser said:

I will happily draft him again next year, he just produces consistently despite a terrible offensive scheme and terrible QBs. Hopefully his ADP is relatively low again next year. Love consistent guys like him with solid floors.

Agreed. High-floor guys like ARob tend to get overlooked because they aren't sexy, but I think having guys like him paired with higher-volatility guys is smart roster construction so that your lows are never too low. And his ceiling is still solid despite the poor QB play - 23.4 points in half PPR in week 12.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Vendetta said:

Agreed. High-floor guys like ARob tend to get overlooked because they aren't sexy, but I think having guys like him paired with higher-volatility guys is smart roster construction so that your lows are never too low. And his ceiling is still solid despite the poor QB play - 23.4 points in half PPR in week 12.

He's the best of both worlds. High floor guy with high ceiling potential also. 

You are right though. Pairing guys like this with the boom or bust types is smart roster construction. I think this year I personally went for too many high floor/low ceiling types that have kept me competitive, but lost me a few weeks because I haven't had those breakouts that would have put me over in a few games. Second in points in my league and was in 10th place only 2 weeks ago because I was consistently putting up points, but just under the other teams who all had crazy breakout guys against me every week. A few of those higher volatility guys in my flex might have won me some of those.

Either way, nothing to be mad about with Robinson's performance this year.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Hurt his knee in PRACTICE on Friday and is now questionable to play.  Unreal man.

Oh Lord. Let's hope it was the same knee that had him questionable a couple weeks back and not a new / more serious injury.

6 hours ago, Islanderman said:

Did anybody watch this game?  Robinson had 75 yards in the first half.  Besides that last no yard catch did he even get a target in the 2nd half.  So frustrating.

They had more of a balanced game plan because they were leading for part of the game from my understanding. Thus, more runs/ball control than usual.

9 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Thats great coaching. They ran themselves right into a loss. 

That's 100% what it was, no reason to script the best player on your team out because you ware winning. Actually, that makes zero sense when looking at the score and time remaining. 

Nagy is as much a problem to Arob as Foles/Trubisky are.

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Brettg57 said:

Honestly worried about this cat being checked out ROS, just like the entire team. They all quit.

6 hours ago, rigadoog said:

Dream playoff schedule and he's playing for a new contract.

🔥🔥🔥

Agree with the second statement.  AR knows he's not coming back so if anything I think he's got even more incentive to put up numbers these last few weeks.